Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're In This Together

Four

by connor_constantine 2 reviews

Big decisions.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-07-12 - Updated: 2010-07-13 - 1119 words

2Exciting
I strummed on the guitar. I was playing another Nine Inch Nails song. I played the song for a few seconds, and then I messed up.

"Damn it!" I said. I've been playing for about an hour and I've been having trouble memorizing so many songs. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I mean, yeah I gotta learn the songs, but it's not like I have to go really fast. I just need to get a head start learning some of the songs. I still have Saturday to practice with Trent and the others. Plus, the tour doesn't start for another month. It does seem kinda short notice to hire me now, though.

Taylor walked into the room, hearing me mess up.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Trying to learn all of Nine Inch Nails songs."

"Are you for sure going on the tour?" She asked. I didn't get the chance to tell her yesterday after I returned from Nothing Records, because she wasn't here.

"Yeah." I answered.

Taylor gave me an annoyed look, and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. I sat there, puzzled for a few seconds before the door opened and Amy walked in.

"What's with Taylor?" I asked.

"She's just..." Amy paused, thinking for a second then continued with "...annoyed."

"Why's she annoyed?"

Amy looked at me and finally said "She's annoyed, because you're leaving us to go on tour."

"But this is a huge opportunity! This could help us all! And we don't have anything coming up."

"I didn't want to tell you last night, because you were so excited about this tour, but we've been offered to go on tour again."

I stared at her for, what felt like 10 minutes before actually showing recognition of what she just told me. I finally opened my mouth to speak, but was unable to say anything.

"Well, if you really want to do the other tour, Taylor and I can try to switch it up and she'll play guitar while I play bass... for this tour, anyway." Amy said, breaking the silence.

"I guess that would be fine." I said. "But are you sure? I mean, Taylor's really mad. I don't know if she's gonna like it if I stay on this tour."

"It's fine, Connor. It will be good for publicity, and I don't want you to give up something you really want to do just because Taylor doesn’t like it."

I got up and walked over to the door with Amy. "Okay." I said. "Are you sure it will be fine with you and Taylor switching up for me?"

"Yeah. I know how to play bass. Remember, I used to be bassist when we started out the band. And of course Taylor knows how to play guitar."

"Okay, then." I said, nervously.

Amy frowned and gave me a hug and we walked out of the room and into the hotel hall. Maggie's room was just down the hall, and she was with Jeremy and all of My Chemical Romance. We walked up to the door and knocked. Maggie opened up the door and let us in.

"Hey! How's learning the songs going?" Frank asked.

"It's going fine." I replied. "I've messed up a few times, but I still get to learn from Trent and I have a couple weeks before the tour starts."

"Nice." Frank said.

"Hey, have you seen Taylor?" Amy interrupted.

"Nah, she came in here, but stormed out after pacing back and forth for a few minutes. We were actually kinda scared to ask what was wrong." Jeremy said.

"Aw, man!" I said and began to walk out of the room, but Amy pushed the door shut.

"Connor! It'll be fine!" Amy said and patted me on the back.

"What's wrong?” Gerard asked. Everyone was staring at me with puzzled expressions on their faces.

"Taylor's mad, because I'm going on tour with Nine Inch Nails."

Maggie rolled her eyes.

"She doesn't want me to leave the band, even though it's just temporarily... especially since we got offered to go on tour again." I continued.

"You guys got offered to go on tour again?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah." Amy said.

"With who?"

"We don't know yet. We just a call about scheduling for another tour."

"Well, you know it won't be with us." Gerard laughed. "We gotta get to the studio to start working on a new album, anyway. We've been writing for the past couple weeks."

"Cool. Do you have a name yet?" Jeremy asked.

"Not yet, but I was thinking about making it a little more theatrical." Gerard said.

Everyone stared with wide eyes.

"That sounds pretty cool." Bob said, finally speaking.

"I like that idea." Maggie said.

Gerard smiled at Maggie and said "Thanks."

Suddenly, the door swung open and Taylor walked in. She looked furious.

"You have some fuckng nerve, Connor!" She yelled. "We just got to go on tour and record a cd and now we're actually starting to get popular and you just can't wait to get away from us?!"

"It's not that." I said. "This is a big opportunity!"

"Yeah, for you!"

"Stop it, Taylor." Amy interrupted. "It's just this tour."

"Bullshit! You'll probably end up quitting the band, for your precious buddies in Nine Inch Nails."

"First of all, I haven't even met them yet! And second, Amy came up with the idea that she could play bass and you could take over as guitarist for the next tour. Then I'll come back." I said.

"Don't bother!" Taylor shouted.

Everyone froze. No one knew what to say.

"Just leave! You're out of the band!" She continued.

"Taylor, you can't just kick Connor out of the band." Amy said.

"Come on, guys!" Taylor shouted. "We're all with the band except Connor! We stick together. I'm not leaving any time soon! Connor should just be kicked out. If he's not gonna be a part of this, then he doesn't deserve to be in the band!"

It was quiet.

"Uh... I actually agree." Jeremy said, speaking up. "If Connor's not with us then he shouldn't be allowed back."

Everyone turned to him in shock, except Maggie who looked down at her feet, then back up and said "I vote Connor out, too."

"You've got to be fucking kidding!" I said. "It's one tour! It's only a couple months!"

"Ha! See! That's the three of us against you, Amy!" Taylor said.

"Sorry, man." Jeremy said, walking up to me and patting my shoulder. I shook his hand off and walked out the room.

It was quiet behind me, and Amy stared in shock. Taylor walked up to the door and shut it behind me.
Sign up to rate and review this story