Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Zack learns the hard way

Water

by TypeZero 0 reviews

Zack panics over morality and cups.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Zack - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-19 - Updated: 2010-08-19 - 394 words

1Funny
Zack had to admit, Cloud made the most adorable face when he was thirsty. His lips would pucker and he'd start to suck then he'd lick his lips and suck and then furrow his brow and try to suck again and that was the longest Zack could go before giving in. Not that he was being cruel, no it was just...It got really boring after a while and Cloud was just so...cute.

Zack found that Cloud drank best from a canteen, the small and narrow opening fit perfectly against his lips. Unfortunately for the first few days on the run, all they'd had to drink was cold water from a stream and the only cup they had was Zack's hand. That's where the problem began. It was impossible to get the water from his hands to Clouds mouth, like trying to get an infant to drink from a cup. It was messy, wet and didn't work. Nothing around seemed suitable for the job either.

There was only one possible solution; mouth to mouth. It seemed like a reasonable plan at first and it worked. It involved a little more tongue then he liked but it got the job done. When he finished he leaned back, proud of this small accomplishment and almost hit his head on the tree behind him as sudden realization hit.

'Was that Cloud's first kiss! Was it even a kiss? Oh Gaia, I think it was. I mean there was lips and tongue and Cloud's not even awake and it doesn't count right. Wait, if that was Cloud's first kiss it was kind of his first kiss too right? First man-kiss. But it was for medical reasons so it didn't count. I mean it wouldn't be a kiss if he gave Cloud CPR right!'

No it wasn't a kiss, it was water. Nothing more and right now Cloud doesn't need you freaking out about non-kisses. Right, focus.


"So uh Spikey, maybe we should head out now. You've had enough to drink right? Uh..." Focus Zack, not the time. "Yeah, we should move. Now. Before they get too close."

'Right, before they get too close.'

It was a sobering reminder that snapped Zack out of his musings. Putting Cloud's arm around his shoulder, he lifted the blond up and re-started their agonizingly long journey across Mt. Nibel.
Sign up to rate and review this story