Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Chapter Eight

by Virginia_Madison

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-08-19 - Updated: 2010-08-20 - 1990 words

?Blocked
I woke up the next morning all alone in the hotel bed. I looked over at the pillow where Gerard's head should have been. Instead I found a note.

“Check your phone x”

I rolled over to the other side of the bed and fished around my handbag looking for my mobile. There was one new text message on the screen. I opened the message to find a picture of me asleep and Gerard kissing my forehead. He wrote

“I didn't want to wake you little one. I had to start work early. You are so cute when you are asleep. I will see you soon. Love you xxx”

I took another nice long shower then got dressed and headed down to Gerard's office. The door was open when I finally arrived and he was talking to some staff. I decided to not enter his office instead I waited outside the door. He noticed me and told me to come in. I slowly walked into the room, smiling at the people I didn't know. Gerard ushered me into his seat as he finished debriefing his staff. I felt awkward sitting in his office with all of his employees in the room. I tried to pre occupy myself by looking at the numerous certificates he had hanging on his walls, but I got distracted by the photo of his two daughters on his desk. I was beginning to question if embarking on this relationship was a good idea.

'And last, but not least I would like to introduce to you, my very good friend Virginia Madison.' I broke out of my day dream and looked around at all the people staring at me. The woman were looking me up and down like I was some sort of tramp and the guys were giving me the 'How you doin?' look.

'Uh hi everyone.' I gave them all a small wave as I grew uncomfortable by the second.

'Virginia will be around the hotel a lot. I want you all to look after her very well.' They all nodded their heads then left the office. As soon as the last person left Gerard came and wrapped his arms around me.

'I'm sorry I left you to an empty bed this morning. It wasn't my intention, but duty calls.'

'Don't apologise. I completely understand.' He placed a kiss on my head.

'I hope you don't mind that I introduced you to everyone, but I think it would be best that all the department heads knew who you are seeing as you will be a frequent visitor to the hotel.'

'I thought they didn't know that you were separated from your wife?'

'I told them earlier on in the meeting that I am staying in the hotel while the divorce proceedings were going on. A few of the ladies were shocked.'

'Yeah I know, they had a good time greasing me off when you mentioned me. I think they already know I am the other woman.' I looked away from Gerard, ashamed with myself.

'Babe, you are not the other woman. Don't you ever think that! Lindsay and I broke up a while ago. It's just lucky that you came back into my life when you did.'

'I know but I cant help but feel that I am part of the reason to why you two are divorcing.'

'Little one.' He cupped my face in his hands. 'You are not the reason. Please, please remember that.' He gently kissed my lips. 'Now you better go. You need to talk to Chris, because right now I am the other man.'

'Do I have to?'

'Virginia, stop pulling that puppy dog face and do what you know is the right thing to do.' I sighed in defeat as I pulled myself out of his chair.

'Can't you do it for me?' He let out a little laugh.

'Some how I don't think that conversation will go down to well. Call me if you need me.'

I walked out of his office and blew him a kiss from the door. I was not looking forward to my task for the day.

*

It took me 45 minutes to get back to my place. As I pulled into the driveway I noticed Chris' car parked on the side of the road. Fuck. This was going to be bad. I parked my car and walked towards my front door. There on the front step was Chris. Sitting down, hunched over with a bunch of flowers in his hands.

'Hey, you were gone all night.' Oh shit he had been waiting for me all night!

'Yeah, I decided to stay with a friend last night.' He got up off the step so I could open the doors.

'These are for you.' He held out the bouquet of flowers. It was a bunch of black roses. My favourite, and hard to find.

'Thank you.' I walked into the house and he followed me through. I dropped my handbag on the floor and crashed down onto the couch. He mimicked my actions. I let a deep breath and turned to face him, 'Chris, we need to talk.'

'I knew you were going to say that.' He leaned forward and cradled his head in his hands. 'I'm such an idiot. I didn't think. All I wanted to do was make you happy, and I fucked it up because I didn't think.'

'Chris I...'

'No Virginia, please let me finish.' I sank down further into the couch as he continued to beat himself up. 'You are just such an amazing girl, no, woman, Virginia and you deserve the best. When you told me about what Damien put you through, I promised myself that I would never do that to you. That I would never treat you like that. I promised myself that I would treat you like the princess that you are. Whenever you spoke about Damien I could hear the pain in voice and I never wanted to cause that kind of pain onto you.

'When you told me about that Gerard guy from your old job, I thought to myself that I had to be like him. I remember the sparkle in your eyes and the smile on your face when you told me some of the stories involving him. I told myself that I had to become the sparkle in your eye. Gerard had made you a happier person and proved to you that some guys aren't all bad. And someday I would like to thank him for that, because of him you let me into your world. And now I have gone and fucked it.

'You are a very precious girl Virginia, and all I want is the best for you. I want to give you the life that you truly do deserve. I am so sorry that I bought that house without you knowing. Since I dropped you off last night, I haven't stopped kicking myself. I realise now how stupid I was.

'Chris, I need you to stop.' He shook his head vigorously.

'No Virginia, I need to say this, I cant loose you.' Tears began to free fall from my eyes.

'You already have', I whispered under my breath. My face was covered by my hands as he continued to talk.

'Virginia, I remember the first day I meet you, that memory never leaves my mind. You took my breath away. To me you are the picture of perfection.'

'Chris. Stop. Please. I beg you.' He reached out and grabbed a hold of my hands. He held them in his own as I looked up at him. 'Please stop saying these things about me, about us. I just can't do this any more Chris.' He squeezed my hands tighter, so tight I'm sure he stopped my blood from circulating.

'You're doing it. Your ending it aren't you.' I nodded my head. 'Can't you forgive me? Can't we carry on? I can sell the house. I'll do whatever it takes!!' I could see the pain in his eyes and I could feel his heart breaking as he gripped onto my hand.

'Chris, I'm sorry, but it's for the best.'

'No, it's not. My life is nothing without you.'

I shook my head, 'No Chris that is not true. You don't deserve someone like me. You deserve someone who can give you everything you want. I am not that person.'

'Yes you are Virginia!! You are the girl for me!'

'Chris, I'm not that the girl for you, hell I'm not the girl for anyone. What kind of girl can't produce babies?'

'I don't care about that Virginia, I just care about being with you.'

'You say that now Chris but you will want more later on. Look at the place where you bought that house! That was a suburb built for families. As I watched those kids ride on their bikes my heart began to tighten because I knew I would never have that. You would never have that. I will never get to experience teaching my little kid how to ride a bike. You still have that chance, you should be able to still have that Chris. You should be able to have the chance to be a loving father.'

'If that's what you are worried about Virginia we can adopt!

I let out a sigh and removed my hands from his now loose clasp. 'It's not the same Chris. It's not my own flesh and blood. I want to feel the love a woman has with her child.' I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them tightly. ' Chris you truly are an amazing guy. You have such a big heart and so much love and kindness to share with the world. You have shared some of this love with me, and believe me I am grateful, but you deserve to give it to someone who can give you the same thing back. You deserve a good shot at this crazy life. If you are stay with me you will drag yourself away from happiness. Believe me when I say that this will be the best thing for both you and me.'

Chris looked deep into my eyes. He knew that what I was saying was true. He knew that he wanted to play happy families and that was the one thing I couldn't offer. He knew we had to let go.

'I'm going to miss you.'

'And I am going to miss you too Chris.' He pulled me into his chest and hugged me. He held onto me for sometime. I eventually moved away from his chest and looked up at him. 'Thank you for understanding.'

I don't know why, I don't know how but our lips collided with one another. We began to make out furiously on the couch. His hands ran all over me, quickly shedding every item of clothing from my body. We proceeded to have sex for the last time.

He reached his climax quickly and collapsed on top of me. 'I'm sorry Virginia, I don't know what came over me.'

'Don't apologise Chris, it's my fault just as much as it is yours.' He rested his head on my chest and said 'Wow, break up sex is just as good as make up sex.' I let out a stiff giggle.

'I think you better go now Chris.'

'Yeah you are right.' He peeled himself off my body and started to dress himself. 'I'm going to miss you Virginia Madison. I can only wish good things for you.'
Sign up to rate and review this story