Categories > Original > Romance > Undeniable

8. infatuation

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2010-08-21 - Updated: 2010-08-22 - 989 words - Complete

0Unrated
8. infatuation

They couldn’t get enough of each other.

Practically every waking moment they had was spent together. When Josh wasn’t at Robin’s apartment, she was at his. Everyone joked that they both needed to just bite the bullet and move in together already. It was a big step, obviously, from where they were currently. Spending nights at each other’s apartments and living together were two very different things, and they both wanted to be completely sure that this was the right decision before it was made.

But Josh was ready. He’d never been more positive of anything in his life, and he only hoped that Robin felt the same way. He was pretty sure that she did, but he still had that little annoying feeling of doubt eating away at him. Most of the time Josh was pretty confident in everything that he did—he worked hard at his job and knew he was damn good at it, but this was a different territory altogether. He didn’t want to slip up and make a big mistake by suggesting that the two of them get a place together, because even though he was pretty confident that Robin would want to, what if she didn’t? Josh just couldn’t shake the feeling, and so he grabbed his hoodie and car keys, deciding that the best way to get over that feeling was to go talk to his girlfriend.

As he expected, the place was empty when he got there. Josh cursed when he realized the time. 2:30. Robin was probably still at the station. Deciding that he didn’t want to bother her at work, he settled himself in one of the plush chairs in the living room and grabbed a pen and a piece of paper. He chewed on the pen for a few seconds, before the perfect idea came to him, and he began scribbling furiously.

It was a great idea, he thought to himself. A quiet, romantic dinner would set the tone very nicely, and he wouldn’t feel as uncomfortable that way.


She couldn’t get enough of him.

The redhead sighed as she grabbed her purse and keys. She glanced critically across the room once more before flipping the lights off and shutting the station door behind her.

It had been a long day at the station, more difficult than usual, and Robin was looking forward to the idea of a bubble bath and a movie. She needed to unwind, if it was possible, and take her mind off of her day. She tried not to bring her work home with her, partly because she didn’t want to bother Josh, but also because she knew she’d go crazy if she didn’t separate her work from her personal life.

“I need a snuggle,” Robin mumbled as she approached the door. “A snuggle and a bubble bath and cookie dough ice cream..”

She jiggled the keys in the door, only to find that it was unlocked. That wasn’t a big shock; Josh often had dinner waiting on her after work. Not paying attention, Robin threw her purse and file folder down on a chair, and gasped when she glanced up. Josh was standing in front of the dinner table, his hair messy and face smeared with flour. He was wearing a full white apron with “Kiss the Cook” printed across it, and he was so caught up in what he was doing that he didn’t even notice Robin was there until he felt her arms wrap around him.

“Oh, hey,” he said, his cheeks a deep shade of red. “You’re home kinda early.”

“Yeah, I didn’t have anything else to do, so I thought I’d come on home.” Robin glanced at the table. “Aw, you cooked. You didn’t have to!”

“But I wanted to,” Josh replied as he stood back and admired his work. “How was your day?”

“Brutal,” Robin answered with a sigh. “Can we talk about something else?”

“Actually, I’m glad you brought that up,” Josh said, as he pulled Robin’s chair back for her. “I was hoping we could talk about maybe..” He stopped for a second and took a deep breath before continuing.

“If it’s okay, I’d really love for us to get our own place. I mean, we spend so much time together anyway.” He turned to Robin. “What do you think?”

“I think it’s a great idea,” Robin replied as she took a drink of her Pepsi.

“Awesome!” Josh leaned across the table and kissed Robin happily.

Once they were finished eating, Josh got up and began clearing the table off. Robin watched him and giggled, shaking her head as she did so. She couldn’t help it; he looked so cute.

“….What are you giggling at?” Josh asked, suspiciously. “Do I have broccoli in my teeth or something?”

Robin cackled even harder at that. With a wary look, Josh set the plates he had been holding down and crossed his arms.

“All right, Giggly McGigglerton, spill it. What’s so funny?”

Robin didn’t say a word. Instead, she hooked her fingers around the strings of Josh’s apron and pulled him to her.

“Kiss the Cook,” she whispered, nodding to the words printed on his apron. “I’d love to.”

“Oh?” Josh grinned as he reversed positions, leaving him sitting. He pulled Robin onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her.

“Are you going to pay the chef his compliments for such a delicious dinner?”

“Hmmm….maybe,” she replied, tweaking Josh’s nose.

He growled and tugged at Robin’s hair as he delved gently into her mouth with his tongue. Robin moaned as she kissed back, all remnants of her terrible day gone.

Kiss the Cook, indeed. Kissing wasn't the only thing on the menu for that night.
Sign up to rate and review this story