Categories > Original > Romance > Undeniable

7. kiss

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-08-21 - Updated: 2010-08-21 - 1037 words - Complete

0Unrated
7. Kiss
Inspiration: “crush” by Dave Matthews Band


Disclaimer: Lyrics belong to the Dave Matthews Band; I own nothing, blah blah blah.


“I can’t do this,” Josh mumbled. “No way.”

“Yes, you can,” the pesky, annoying voice of his best friend replied. “Suck it up, would ya?”

The two of them were standing on a sidewalk that was just across from the apartment that Robin currently inhabited with her best friend. Josh had actually called Tina just before he left his house, to make sure that Robin was there. The last thing he wanted to do was make the twenty minute drive to her apartment only to end up looking like an idiot when no one answered the door.

The decision had been made in less than ten seconds, but now that he was here, Josh wasn’t so sure that he could do this, after all. He really had nothing to be worried about; the two of them had known each other for quite a while now, so it wasn’t like this was a first date with a girl he knew nothing about. They just hadn’t taken their relationship to the next level yet.

“It’s too soon,” Josh whispered back. “I mean..what if she’s not ready?”

Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Aw, for the love of fuck, it’s just a kiss! Besides that, I think it’s time, don’t you? The two of you have practically been eye-fucking each other for months now. What harm is a kiss gonna do?”

Josh sighed, but he knew that his best friend was right.

“Okay, it’s go time, right?” He glanced at the house nervously. “Now or never?”

“Look, man, are you gonna do this or not? Cause if so, I’m gonna drop your ass off here and get back to what I was doing. I had plans for today, you know.” He impatiently tapped his fingers on his jeans leg as he spoke.

“Plans?” Josh cocked an eyebrow. “What plans would you have on your day off?”

“The kind of plans you’ll have once you man up and kiss Robin,” Patrick answered.

“Call me later and let me know how it goes, yeah? And I better hear that it was more than a kiss on the cheek. I’m expecting tongue territory with this one.”

Josh swatted his friend’s chest.

“Get out of here, would you? Go back home to your wife.”

“Will do, later.”

Josh inhaled deeply as he made his way up the steps. Apprehension and fear were slowly beginning to settle in, but he bucked against it. It had taken him months to get to this point, and there was absolutely no way in hell he was going to back down now. He cleared his throat and raised his hand to knock on the door, but as luck would have it, the door opened just before he got the chance, and he found himself face to face with Robin.

“Josh?” Robin asked, a confused look coming over her face. “What are you doing here?”

Well, he certainly hadn’t expected this. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he spoke.

“Um, well, I was actually kind of hoping to talk to you..but if you’re busy, I can come back later.”

“No, it’s fine,” Robin insisted with a wave of her hand. “I was gonna go see what Teej was up to, but she’s probably busy with Patrick. Come in.”

Josh paused for a minute to reflect if he really wanted to do this, and then gingerly stepped inside.

“What did you want to talk to me about?” Robin asked as she sat down on her couch.

“Well, um..” Josh bit his lip as he joined her on the couch. He turned toward her and took her small hand in his, gently rubbing the side of it with his thumb as he spoke.

“Josh, what’s wrong?” Robin asked, concerned. “You’re really pale.”

Josh looked up, his breath catching in his throat once they met Robin’s. Hers were so vibrant, so beautiful. He could spend the entire day just getting lost in them.

“Josh?” Robin repeated. “Sweetie, are you okay?”

He shook his head a few times and ran his hand through his hair. What was his problem? Why was he so nervous? This was Robin, after all. This was a girl who could make him laugh even when he felt like doing the opposite. This was a girl who got him to open up without even trying. He had no reason to be scared.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” he replied. “I, um, so yeah, I was kinda thinking about doing something, and if you don’t want me to or you’re not okay with it, that’s totally fine, but I really, really wanted to, and Patrick drove me over here and if I don’t come back having done this, he’s gonna kick my ass..”

He was so busy rattling that he didn’t even notice Robin pulling him closer to her until his nose bumped against hers.

“What are you doing?” he asked, his voice wavering.

Robin smirked and touched his cheek before she leaned in and kissed him deeply. Josh didn’t even have time to think; all he could do was react by cupping the back of Robin’s head with his hand as he kissed her back, allowing himself to get completely lost in the moment. He could hear his heart beating; it was so loud that it echoed in his ears.

His lips felt like they could burst into flames at any moment, and at the same time, he didn’t want the kiss to end. However, the need for oxygen was more prevalent, and so Robin pulled away, giving them both the chance to breathe.

“What I’ve been waiting for you to do for months,” Robin answered.

Josh blushed and grinned before speaking.

“Think we can try that again?”

Lovely lady, I am at your feet, oh, God I want you so badly.
And I wonder this: could tomorrow be so wondrous as you there sleeping?
Sign up to rate and review this story