Categories > Original > Romance > Undeniable

shooting star

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-08-20 - Updated: 2010-08-20 - 359 words - Complete

0Unrated
6. Shooting stars
Inspiration: “baby, we’re invincible” by A Rocket to the Moon


“And that’s the Big Dipper,” Josh explained as he tilted his head toward Robin’s.

The two of them were sprawled out on several large, thick blankets in Josh’s backyard, perfectly positioned under the stars.

“And which one is that one?” Robin asked, nodding to a constellation just inches from the one Josh had pointed out.

“Well…” Josh squinted as he peered closer. “Oh yeah, I think that one’s the Big Dipper. Sorry.” He smiled sheepishly.

Robin shook her head and let out a cackle.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about, do you?”

“I do so!” Josh exclaimed, his tone defensive. “I even spent three hours researching just so I could point these out.”

“Research. You researched for three hours just so you could do this?”

Now Josh was red.

“Shut up,” he mumbled. “Just thought you might like it.”

Robin giggled at his reaction and tweaked his nose as she snuggled closer to her boyfriend.

“You’re such a cute tomato!”

Josh shook his head, but there was a tiny smile at the corner of his lips. His eyes crinkled and he leaned in to kiss his girlfriend gratefully. She always knew how to put a smile on his face.

A star flew across the sky at that moment, bathing it in its illuminating glow.

“Oh, look, a shooting star.” Josh moved to cover Robin’s eyes. “Quick, make a wish.”

“But—“

“Hurry!”

Robin sighed, but complied. A few moments later, Josh pulled his hands away from Robin’s face and returned to his previous position, with Robin’s head resting comfortably on his chest.

“What did you wish for?” he asked softly, as he threaded his fingers through Robin’s curly red locks.

She giggled and tilted her head to look at Josh.

“Well, what did you wish for?”

Josh bit his lip and glanced away for a second, before sitting up. He tugged his girlfriend up and into his arms. Gently, he cupped her cheek and leaned in to place a soft kiss on her lips.

“You.”
Sign up to rate and review this story