Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Heaven Help Us

A kiss goodbye

by End_Of_The_World 2 reviews

Frank and Gerard meet as teenagers in a public high school. they discover just how much they'd sacrifice to be together.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-08-23 - Updated: 2010-08-23 - 1354 words - Complete

1Ambiance
The door frame slammed shut behind him and the homely rattle of keys in a door filled the silence. Gerard looked around the cramped hallway, the walls were a grubby cream colour and there were several cardboard boxes stacked against one of the walls, shoes were stacked by the door, a pair of red high-top converses amongst them.
“Yeah … so this is my house” said Frank, making him jump. Had he always been standing that close?
“It kind of needs re-decorating, with us just moving in and stuff. But my mum and dad are hardly ever at home and even when they are they just don’t bother. They’d get me to do it when they’re out but they know that I’d probably paint everything black and red”
Gerard laughed quietly “yeah me too. My mum and dad let me do my room like that though. It looks pretty awesome”
“Hmm. My mum and are kinda ‘anti-emo’ though so they made me leave mine as it is, I have posters though. Do you wanna see?” frank asked with a suggestive smile.
“Sure, why not” was his eager reply, he’d never really seen anybody’s bedroom that liked the same kind of stuff as him so he glad that he could.
“Okay then, well my rooms on the top floor” Frank explained as he walked past him towards the staircase.

Gerard followed obediently, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the silence. “So whaddya mean when you say that your parents are ‘anti-emo’?” he asked, quoting with his fingers.
“Well. They don’t really like that I wear black and stuff like that, and they don’t like people with piercing and tattoos. But I recon it’s only cos we scare the shit out of them. Oh and they really hate my lip piercing”

The worn silver handle felt cool against his clammy palm, he pushed it down hesitantly and looked inside. A pleasant beams of sunlight streamed in from the large skylights leaving bright patches on the black carpeted floor. The room was small and cosy with the furniture filling most of the space except from a patch in front of his double bed on which an unmade black and red duvet was plied, where he had rolled out of it. Two of the walls were completely filled with posters of bands amongst them were Paramore, Slipknot, Lost Prophets, 30 Seconds To Mars, misfits and even a few Metallica.

Gerard let out a sigh of awe “wow” was his only response, after a puzzled look from frank he carried on “it like really reflects you if you get me? Like, I can imagine you living here and stuff”
“Oh, right. Thanks” was his only reply. Not wanting another awkward silence frank said “well do you wanna erm … make yourself at home and I’ll get some drinks and stuff from downstairs”
“Yeah sure” said Gerard with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~
Frank ascended the final flight of stairs in his house and headed towards his own private sanctuary, his bedroom. It was the only place where he felt that he could completely be himself, nobody ever came up there, not even his parents it was well and truly his. Somehow it was even more perfect now that the most beautiful guy he’d ever seen was sat in it.
Opening the door with his elbow Frank carried the many cans and a bowl of crisps he was hugging to his petite frame into his room and ditched them on the floor next to Gerard. He was leaning against his bed and was absent mindedly flicking through a comic. His face lit up as he saw Frank, who sat next to him and pulled his knees up to his chest.
“So” Frank spoke first, “what do you wanna do?”
“I honestly don’t mind” was Gerard’s embarrassed reply, ‘ I just want to stare into your eyes’ hardly seemed like a sane reply.
“Okay, well I play the guitar and my aunt got me a new not too long ago. Do you wanna see it?”
“yeah, yeah, great” Frank padded across the room and pulled a white Epiphone Les Paul with the word ‘pansy’ written across the top in metallic letters, from inside one of the cupboards. Frank sat down on the bed as he ran nimble fingers lovingly across the strings. He threw Gerard a smirk and played a western style tune with a mocking look before sticking his tongue out.
The younger boy passed Gerard a can of beer and grabbed a handful of crisps from the bowl in-between them. “Well my parents aren’t in again tomorrow and usually the guys come around, you should come. If you want to that is?” he asked unsurely
“Yeah, I’d love too” Gerard replied, a genuine smile resting on his face
“Ok great”, he said with a grin, worried he’d say no.
Just then Gerard looked deeply into his eyes, he felt himself being drawn in, one of his hands floated up to touch along the side of Franks jawline. He jerked his hand back suddenly realising his mistake and sat back. He didn’t think that Frank had noticed …
~~~~~~~~~~
A couple of hours and 4 six packs of beer later Gerard got to his feet unsteadily “my mum and dad will be back home soon so I’d better head off” he told Frank who was clutching his sides laughing at Gerard.
“You’re not going to be able to get home like that; I’d be surprised if you’d even make it down the stairs! Come on I’ll make us some coffee”
The two boys staggered into the hallway supporting each other. They looked down the narrow staircase and burst out laughing “Yeah we’re pretty fucked” Gerard giggled.
Walking hesitantly Frank and Gerard made there way into the kitchen leaning by leaning against the wall, Gerard almost fell a couple of times but Frank acted as a counterweight and stopped him. They slumped into the barstools before flicking on the coffee machine and gave each other an amused glance, “well that was fun” they said simultaneously, before collapsing again into more fits of laughter.
“Do you want me to walk you home? Asked a blushing Frank
“I think I’ll be okay” he told him “you’d just have to walk back to yours anyway”
“Hmm. Alright then, it’s just I feel kinda guilty ‘cos it’s my fault your drunk and stuff” Frank’s words were slightly slurred and he was swaying as he stood up to pour out the coffee.
“Just promise me that you’ll call or text me or something. So that I know that you make it home alright.”
“Yeah, whatever” was Gerard’s reply, getting out his phone and accepting a steaming mug from him. Frank did the same and soon the two boys were stood outside the house awkwardly. “So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then” Gerard said.
“Yeah, then you can come around and meet the guys, alright?”
“Yep” Gerard turned to leave, when he felt a tiny strong hand on his upper arm. Frank pulled him back into the darkness of the porch and pressed his lips to his firmly. Letting him push him against the wall, he felt his hands straying to the others hair; he pulled Franks head closer to deepen the kiss. Gerard slid his tongue along the bottom of Frank’s lower lip - begging for entrance. He granted it willingly and opened his mouth fully to let him in, they both smiled into the kiss as their tongues met, it was awkward but … nice, he’d never kissed a boy before, or anyone for that matter. Their lips moved seamlessly together, heavily lidded eyes fluttered closed to capture every precious moment. It was slow and awkward, therefore they ended up pulling away sooner than they both would have liked. Frank slipped back into the house with a smirk.
“see ya’ tomorrow Gee.”


~~~~~~~~~~



Rate and review :) or bad things will happen to you tonight ;) x
Sign up to rate and review this story