Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Heaven Help Us

A quick grope and an apology

by End_Of_The_World 0 reviews

Frank and Gerard meet as teenagers in a public high school. they discover just how much they'd sacrifice to be together.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-08-23 - Updated: 2010-08-23 - 1556 words - Complete

1Original
His heart stuttered to a halt as he stepped into the tiny detention room and saw the person who had occupied his mind since he laid eyes on him. He really needed to learn his name.
“Gerard, glad you’ve decided to join us” Mr Bryar (the headmaster) called. “Take a seat at the back please, next to Mr Iero”
Hiding the fear and curiosity on his face he took a deep breath and readjusted his bag on his shoulder sitting down next to the boy, ‘Mr Iero’ was sat near the middle of the desk so they ended up sitting so that their thighs were practically touching. He fidgeted uncomfortably as he felt the picture he drew calling him from his rucksack, not letting him forget.
“Hey” said the boy sat next to him “I’m Frank” as he flashed him a mischievous grin. Gerard felt his palms go clammy and his windpipe seize up, what should he say?
“G-Gerard” he stammered and internally slapped himself. Why was he such a douche?
“So what’d you do to get in here?” Frank asked him, still grinning
“Wasn’t paying attention…” He mumbled in reply and gave him a shy smile.
“Haha, too busy watching me making an arse of myself trying to do a runner. I managed yesterday. But today I, ummm…. Never mind.” Said Frank “I don’t think they like my lip piercing either. But then I only got it done at the weekend so I refused to take it out.”
“Yeah… I mean… It looks…” – beautiful? Stunning? Gorgeous? Compliments your eyes?
“ ….Awesome” said Gerard after a long pause. – knob-head! He tried to think of something non-idiotic to say. So he opted for the easy option;
“Have I seen you around before?”
“No probably not. I only moved here at the beginning of this term”
“Oh…” replied Gerard. Why did he never pay attention to other people? He turned to face the front and realised that Mr Bryar wasn’t looking so they could talk some more. But what should he say? An awkward silence descended… he could feel the picture almost burning through his bag and into his back and frowned.
Frank was the first to speak
“God I hate getting detentions, at my other school it wasn’t as bad because I could walk home, but now it’s about an hours walk away and I don’t think that there are any busses. I live down Station road, where do you live?
“Ummm” Where the hell did he live? “Busker lane I think.”
“You think? Why’d you just move there or something?”
“Umm. No.” was Gerard’s reply – what on earth possessed him to say that? Maybe it was that smile. It was doing weird things to his head.
“Alright then…”
More silence
“Hey isn’t busker lane like, kinda close to station road? Frank said brightly.
“Yeah it is.”
“Wow! Cool, I’ll walk home with you then” Frank concluded with another grin, and turned his attention once more to the Head Master.

~~~~~~~~~~
“He’s still bloody talking” Frank thought to himself as he used his tongue to fiddle with his lip ring; surely it was half past by now? Glancing around, he shot Mr Bryar an irritated look, as he’d gone and stuck his fat head in front of the clock. He reached into his pocket under the table and frowned as he realized that his leg had gone numb. Wait … that wasn’t his leg he was feeling! He pulled his hand out from under the table and folded his arms awkwardly. Gerard stiffened next to him and started to turn his head to look at the boy who was feeling him under the table a couple of seconds ago, he thought better of it and his head snapped to look at a point just past the head teacher’s head. Wait..... He was the one staring at Gerard.
As Mr Bryar stopped talking, the entire detention room was piercingly quiet, “Oh great” thought Frank “now he thinks I’m a perv who likes feeling up guys as well as an annoying little midget with an ‘awesome’ lip ring.” He wished that they could go then he could explain to Gerard about what just happened, he wanted to get to know him better too. Well, more than the fact that he did indeed have very nice legs.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Alright, I’d better let you guys go!” Said the teacher at the front of the room. Yes!! He stood up, his leg brushing gently against Frank’s. The two boys walked out of the room in silence and Gerard let out a short sigh of relief.
“You don’t like being inside or something?” Frank said after a short pause to break the silence.
“I don’t mind where I am to be honest, but I prefer to be away from like sunlight and stuff, and I always feel better when there aren’t as many people around if you get me?…” Wow that was unexpected, what happened to not making a fool out of yourself Gerard?
“Yeah, that’s cool. I know what you mean.” Frank replied.
“So, umm …what kind of music do you like?” Frank asked brightly.
“Just like rock, a bit of metal stuff like that. The kind of bands that I like changes a lot and I go off songs quite easily. What about you?” – That was deep; he didn’t usually talk to people like this. Then again, he didn’t usually talk to people at all.
“Yeah, me too actually. I like rock, Indy, metal. Stuff like that” Frank said, smiling again, only broader this time.
“I’m glad that we like the same type as music. My brother, Mikey, isn’t really into music and stuff, he plays the guitar like, but it’s just all chords and shit at the moment.” Gerard mused, “Have you got any brothers or sisters?”
“Nope, I’m an only child. But I have some amazing friends through, I’ve only know them since I moved here but it seems like forever. We just seem to get on so well ya’ know? I think you’d like them. I’ll have to introduce you sometime”
“Yeah, thanks” Gerard said. “What year are they in?”
“Well there’s Bob who’s in the same year as you I think. He’s pretty cool, but he’s not always aloud out and stuff because his parents are really strict. His dads the head teacher at school; Mr Bryar, but don’t worry bobs alright.” Frank paused for a few seconds and continued, “Ray’s the year above you. And I’m in the year below you by the way. I used to be homeschooled and stuff, so they bunked me up a year. Cool huh?”
“Yeah! well I’m not really much of a people person. But I have one really good friend called Bert who’s in my year, He got moved up too.” Gerard turned to face Frank and noticed that he was staring at the pavement and his cheeks were a little pinker than usual. He looked as though something was bothering him.

“Hey, you ok?” Gerard asked the smaller boy
“Yeah its just.” he began “about earlier, I didn’t mean to touch your leg, just so you know. Cos it probably seemed kind of weird and stuff. But I was trying to get my phone out of my pocket and I guess that our legs were kind of close and… Yeah” Frank laughed nervously. ‘Why was he bringing this up?’ Gerard thought
“Yeah that’s fine. I mean, it’s no big deal, right?”
“Hmm. Sure, it’s just I was wondering. Are you ummm …. Like gay or bi or anything? Like. Just out of curiosity.” Frank turned a slightly deeper shade of red and continued his stern stare at the ground.
Gerard also blushed, “well. To be honest I don’t really know. Because like, I’ve never really had any strong feelings towards girls, but then I’ve never really had any towards guys either” – ‘until now at least’ he thought. “Are umm … are you?” Gerard finished
“Well, I think that I might be bi or something” said frank, looking straight ahead. “But I’m not one-hundred percent sure, so nobody else really knows, except you now.”
When Gerard didn’t say anything he carried on, “I’m sorry I’ve probably just made things really awkward, and I didn’t mean to its just…” he looked up at Gerard with a shy smile “you're kinda cute.”
Gerard giggled, “You’re not so bad yourself 'Mr Iero'” he replied, along with an elbow in the ribs and an emphasis on the Mr.
They walked on in a comfortable silence for a couple of minuets, each alone with their own thoughts. When they reached a house set back in the corner away from the terraces they had been walking beside.
“So, this is my house!” began Frank, starting to walk up the narrow path, whilst Gerard stood awkwardly on the pavement.
Frank turned around and gave him a mischievous grin. “My parents are out, so… You wanna come in or what?”

~~~~~~~~~~



rate & Review :) you know you want to x
Sign up to rate and review this story