Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I didn't mean to kill him.

I Miss My Mom

by LeathermouthLove-x 2 reviews

Part 4

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-08-29 - Updated: 2010-08-29 - 1318 words - Complete

2Exciting
It's been two weeks since Mikey found out Gerard had attempted to visit him. Questions ran through his mind - like Why would he want to? Why wasn't he allowed in to see Mikey? Maybe Gerard had changed his mind about seeing me. Although Mikey didn't know what would have motivated him to come and visit him in the first place. Death threats? Planning on hrling abuse at me? Gerard's Mikey's brother, and they always used to be close. He was the one Mikey first confessed his feelings about Frankie to.
--
My head is spinning and my lips are tingling. I feel like I'm floating above the Earth, watching with a delusional eye, cradled in Frank's arms. We just had our first 'official' date as a couple, and he kissed me so hard, so passionately I feel like I'm tripping. But I'm coming down from my high; I'm on a ferry to New Jersey for the next four days to visit my family. Frank walked me to the harbour, and waved to me until I could see him no more as the ferry headed to Jersey. The journey isn't too long, and I arrive to be greeted by my brother Gerard. Gerard is three years older than me, but I can tell him anything. I've decided I'm going to tell him that I've 'come out' first.
We climb into Gerard's Silver Subaru, which he's had for years and loves. WE're heading to our childhood home, where Gerard still ives with our parents. He's always made it clear that he's jealous of thae fact he still lives with his parents, and that i've escaped to New York.
He proffers me a cigarete; but I decline. Frank smokes, but I don't really have much interest. I'd rather inhale secondhand smoke from Frank.
"So," Gerard takes a drag, and blows it out in a neat little ring. "I was wondering... I'm kinda sick of still living with the parents. Sick of |Jersey. Could I, um, move in with you?" He breifly takes his eyes off the road to look earnestly at me, and I have to scream at his to keep an eye on the road as he almost careers into a sleek black car. "So?" He asks nervously, puffing away and filling the car with a haze of somke.
I don't have to think twice.
"That'd be great Gerard!" I exclaim happily. I love being with Gerard. His destructive, artsy persona rivets me.
"Ohh, thank god." He smiles shyly. "Cause I already packed and told Mom and Dad I was moving in with you. I just want a change, ya know?"
We chatter happily for the rest of the drive. I tell him about Kaitlin, and he sypathises, saying he "Never really liked her anyway."
Then I decide to break the news as we pull up into the driveway. "Gee..." I say slowly, and as he parks, he looks at me intently. "Um. Well, after the Kaitlin issues, I, er, well I met someone else." His eyebrows shoot up ,adn he whistles, impressed. "Rebound girl Mikey?"
"No!No/" I stutter. "Not rebound. And...uh, not a girl. He's called Frank."
He's silent for a minute, and I ready myself for angry "'What the hells' and 'Mikey, you ain't gays'. But he slowly curves his mouth into a happy grin, and pats me on the back. "Awesome Mikey. That's really great. I'd love to meet Frank sometime."
A wave of calmness washes over me; I knew it would be good to tell Gerard first.
"Now, let's go in and break the news to Mom and Dad." He sees the nervous look on my face, and hastily adds, "Don't worry, you know they'll be great with it."
He takes my minimal amount of luggage from me, and breezes in the front door.
As soon as I step in, I am enveloped in a perfumey hug, courtesy of my Mom, Donna. "Oh baby I've missed you so much how's New York treating you?" She rushes, smoothing my hair and stroking my arm lovingly.
My Dad appears behind Mom, and smiles, and says. "Donna, calm down. Mikey's quite capable of looking after himself in the big Apple." To me, he taps me on the backand says, "How are ya, son? Gerard told us he's moving in with you."
"Oh, yeah," I smile, noticing random boxes filled with Gerard's crap littering the hall.
My parents fuss around me for a while longer, until Gerard cuts in. "Mom, Dad, Mikey has something to tell you."
My mouth becomes dry. Yes, they're my parents and I love them, as they love me. I know they'll be fine, I'm just so nervous. I shoot a 'please help me' glance at Gerard, and he pushes his hair back from his face.
"Mikey's gay." He says, and I feel them freeze. Mom draws me away from her at arms length.
"Honey, this true?" Shje asks carefully.
I nod, and feel tears pricking at my eyes.
"Oh baby!" She grbles, and pulls me into a bone crushing hug. "Oh that's fine. You shouldn't be nervous."
"It's fine with us, really." My Dad smilkes, and also leans forward to hug me.
Once again, I look at Gerard in panic. He grins back at me, his eyes showing he's fine watching me endure this lovey treatment from our parents.
"Okay Mom, Dad. You can stop hugging me. Seriously, I'm gay. Not dying."
They both pull away, laughing slightly.
"Of course baby." My Mom reassures me, "You tell us you're going to shave all your hair and join a Monk colony and we'd be fine with it. Whatever meakes you happy."
--
The four days go quickly, and whne it's time for us to leave, my parents srart crying. "Promiase you'll visit sooner next time." My Mum sobs, giving another one of her bone crushing hugs to both me and Gerard.
When we finally dock at the harbour in New York, my breath is taken away as I see Frank, in a white hoodie and skinny black jeans with grey converse waiting by the docks. He's peering up at the ferry, but I don't think he's noticed me yet.
"Gerard!" I wave my face in front of my brother's face. "Frank's waiting for me !" I point to where Frank stands, hands in pockets,and Gerard grins. "Cute." He approves, "You got good taste Mikey."
I blush as I exit the ferry, and hurl myself into Frankie's arms.
"I missed you." He whispers, kissing me on the lips. I reluctantly pull away, and motion to Gerard, who is standing next to us, obviously trying not to look at us kissing.
"This is my brother Gerard. He's moving in with me."


--

Mikey knits his eyebrows together in concentration, trying to figure out the moment the romance exploded between Gerard and Frank. It can't have been the moment they met; He know's that Frank wasn't so interested in Gerard then, by the loving looks he kept on giving Mikey.
Prison life goes on, and the only thing to occupy your time is to delve deep into your painful past.

--

Mikey is allowed a phonecall.
For him; he knows automatically who he will call. Mom.
The phone rings three times, and then it's picked up.
"Hello?" A curt voice says, and Mikey realises it's Gerard.
"Gee?" He whispers nervously, worried Gerard will hang up on him as soon as he realises it's him.
What was Gerard doing at their parents house?
"Mikey." Gerard states, his voice void of emotion.
"Gerard i'm so sorry, I need to explain, Im -"
He impatiently cuts me off.
"Mom died Mikey."


_________




So, I found instead of updating it, I added it as a completely new story. Grr, what an arse. Hope you guys enjoyed... now I need to think of more bad things to happen to Mikey ;) xoxo LeathermouthLove-x
Sign up to rate and review this story