Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Have Faith In Me

Have Faith In Me

by coffeeaddict 0 reviews

Just a little something kinda different, kinda expected. Please read and review! :) This is my first Bleach fic.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji,Inoue Orihime,Kuchiki Rukia,Matsumoto Rangiku - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-08-29 - Updated: 2010-08-30 - 445 words

0Unrated
The Seireiti was silent, as it usually was. There was no reason for my patrol. I shuffled aimlessly near the south wall, wondering about my promotion. Sure, I was still a student in the Academy, but my placement was very promising. I was the top of my class--surely I'd be at least a third chair. And ever since the three captains had left, there were open spots for captians and assistant captains. I would be surprised if I was placed there immediately.
"Michiru!"
His voice echoed quietly, reassuring me that the Seireiti was entirely too quiet. "Yes?" I asked, turning to find Yumichika bounding toward me.
"Michiru, they're asking you to go to the World of the Living with Ikkakku and I," he said, his eyes wide. "They want to evaluate you. Now."
My jaw dropped. "Now? But I still have another semester--"
"Now. You're up for early placement to take Shuhei's place as Assistant Captain when he takes Tôsen's place. You have to come with us." He motioned for me to follow him. "They want you to help us deal with a stray Arrancar."
I nearly had to jog to keep up with his long stride. "Arrancar? I can't handle something like that..." I started, but he shook his head.
"Don't make me drag you there," he said. He flipped his perfect black bobbed hair. "I don't want to dirty my uniform, either."
"You priss," I told him, laughing. "Where exactly are we going? Karakura town?"
"That's it. Renji, Captian Hitsugaya, Rangiku, and Rukia are already there."
We rounded the corner toward the Senkaimon. "There's only one captain there?" I asked, confused. "If we're supposed to be dealing with an Arrancar don't you think-"
"I know. But Captain General didn't want to risk losing any more captains than we already have. Captain Hitsugaya was the only one who volunteered anyway, and Renji is close enough to being captain status that we didn't really feel like we needed another."
Renji. I silenced suddenly, the thought that I might be working beside him making me lock up. Yumichika laughed.
"I forgot. You've been madly in love with Renji for like a hundred years, right?" he snickered.
I slapped his shoulder. "Be quiet. He just makes me nervous, that's all," I snapped, but he kept laughing.
"You'd better not freak out when we take on the Arrancar."
We stopped in front of the gate, waiting for the Kidô Corp to open it. "I won't. Do we have Hell Butterflies?"
He nodded as one lit on his eyebrow, making him twitch. "They're hideous up close, you know," he muttered.
I laughed as we stepped into the gates.
Sign up to rate and review this story