Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Decisions

On Bended Knee

by BertaS 0 reviews

HG/SS based on Marriage Law Challenge. Hermione must make the best of a bad situation.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Snape - Published: 2006-05-03 - Updated: 2006-05-03 - 388 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 3 - On Bended Knee

Friday

His thoughts must have wandered because he was shocked back to the present by his fathers raised voice "you want that?!" he gestured toward the dark man at the window "you actually thought I was going to offer you that miserable excuse for a human being? Do you have any idea what he is? What he is capable of?"

Severus let his head drop and his hair falling across his face dreading what Hermione might say.

Her soft words made him look up through the hair "Lord Snape, I evidently know more of your son than you do." She smiled at her professor and turned back to his father "The Professor may have the Dark Mark on his arm but it is not on his heart. He is not now and has not been a Death Eater for a very long time."

Lord Snape scoffed "I think you have been reading that rot they print in the Prophet, my dear."

Hermione snorted, "I've read it. And if you had read it you would know that the Professor and I along with several others were with Harry when Voldemort was destroyed. If your son were to ask, I would marry him tomorrow."

Lord Snape stared at the young woman who was smiling serenely at him "then I suppose I should write out that petition, if you are sure that is what you want."

Hermione raised her eyebrow and ask quietly "don't you think you should ask your son, if that is what he wants?"

They both looked at Severus where he had moved to a shelf and was digging through a small chest type box.

Lord Snape snapped "what the hell are you doing, Boy?!"

"Looking for something, Father" Severus answered absently as he made his way to where Hermione was sitting. When he reached her he knelt searching her face with his eyes and ask, "Are you sure?"

When she nodded he took her left hand and slipped a ring on her finger. "Then tomorrow I will make you my Lady." He smiled slightly and she leaned forward and brushed her lips lightly across his.

There was a surge of magic through the room that had Lord Snape swearing as he headed for his desk and the petition form that was on it.
Sign up to rate and review this story