Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Help

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 3109 words - Complete

-1OOC
Chapter 3
Help

“Is that really you?” Yugi whispered.
“Yep, it’s me,” she replied smiling.
The girl in question was a tall red head with brown eyes. She wore a simple summer dress that was white with a blue trim. Flip flops adorned her feet and a single gold locket hung around her chest. The words “Friends are born, not made” were etched onto the front of it, and inside were two small pictures of two four year old children, one a small red head girl with brown eyes, the other a short boy with amethyst colored eyes and tri colored hair.
“It’s been such a long time,” Yugi said as he pulled her into a hug.
“Yes, it has. Four years if I remember correctly,” she said, hugging him back.
“I’ve missed you, Serena,” he said as he pulled away.
“Me too. It’s great to see you all,” she replied as she turned to Malik and Ryou.
“It’s great to see you again, Serena,” Malik said as he hugged her.
“We’ve all missed you so much,” Ryou replied, also giving her a hug.
“I’ve missed you too. So now, why don’t we get comfortable, and you can tell me all about what’s happened to lead you to need my help,” she said.
She led the three boys further into the hotel room. (A/N: Now doesn’t that sound perverted?) It was a suite, so there was a living room type of room as well as the bedroom and the bathroom. Yugi and Ryou made themselves comfortable on the couch while Malik sat on the floor. Serena sat in the only chair available and brought her legs up under her.
“First of all, why don’t you tell us how it is that you’re able to walk around without the “Organization” stopping you?” Malik asked.
“Yeah, I thought you would have been captured by now,” Ryou said quietly.
Serena smiled mysteriously, “We’ll get to that in a moment. Explain to me how you all ended up here.”
“Well, it’s kind of strange, in a sense,” Yugi began, “I’m not sure what exactly happened with these two.”
“Yeah, we didn’t exactly tell you, did we?” Ryou said as he scratched the back of his head.
“Well, why don’t you explain what happened to you two first, and then we can get to Yugi,” Serena offered.
“Okay,” Ryou said, “Well, it all happened on the day Yugi went to his grandfathers. I was supposed to get a routine checkup that day. Or at least I thought it was a routine checkup. I overheard the doctors say they wanted to try something with me. Knowing they wouldn’t tell me what they had planned, I snuck closer to the door to eavesdrop. It turns out they wanted to give me some kind of new medicine that was supposed to separate Bakura and I. I’m not sure how it worked, but they said that the separation was successful on the last person they tried it on, but that person had died shortly after. I got scared, and panicked. I was panicking so bad, that Bakura had to come out and take control. He snuck us out of there, and we met Malik at the end of the hall.”
“Only then, I wasn’t Malik. Marik was in control. I too was supposed to have a checkup. The only difference between our stories was that, Ryou managed to get away before the doctors came back in. I wasn’t so lucky. They came back into my exam room and were attempting to give me the medicine. I had a bad feeling when they came back in and sure enough, one of them let slip about what the medicine does while they were trying to give it to me. In order to protect me, Marik took over and he ended up beating up the doctor and the nurse that was there before we escaped. When the two of us had run into each other, we decided to flee. I took control back from Marik, but Bakura stayed in control for Ryou, who was badly shaken up. We fled the building and that’s when we found Yugi,” Malik said.
“I was on my way back home from Grandpa’s when it happened. I was attacked by a group of teenagers who hates our kind. They started to beat me up when Atem took control and started to fight back. I fell unconscious while he was in my body, so it was a little hazy at first. From what Atem told me, the boys quickly fled once they realized that their victim wasn’t going to give up. He told me that it was about 10 minutes later when Malik and Bakura came across us. He told them to take care of me before giving control back over to me. I woke up a few minutes later and we made our way to Grandpa’s. He told us he had someone that would be able to help us, and here we are now,” Yugi finished.
“I see,” Serena said as she nodded her head, “Sounds like you three had a bad day.”
Malik snorted, “If that’s a bad day, then what’s a really bad day?”
Serena smiled and ignored his question, “Well, now, I know you’re all curious to hear what happened to me, so here’s my story. Four years ago, right before I left, something terrible almost happened to me. I was on my way home from the mall when I was jumped. This horrible looking man, and I mean horrible, he was bald and fat and smelled like beer, dragged me into an alley way. He told me to be quiet or else he would kill me. He started to feel me up when Wynter, my Yami, took control. She proceeded to beat him to a pulp before we fled. Knowing that now that she had gained control, the “Organization” soon started to hunt for us. There were several times where were almost caught. Somehow we managed to make it here to New York. It was here that we found an underground movement to help Hikari’s that was headed by a very unlikely person. This person helped remove the microchip inside my neck and made up a new identity for me. Instead of Serena Hale, number 1368 to the “Organization,” I am now known as Serena Cartell. To the public I am a regular human, not a Hikari. I have made a successful life so far under that name, and I help the man who helped me help others who are like me, such as people like you. I met your grandfather, Yugi, when he was on a trip here to the U.S. He told me of how you were a Hikari, and how he wished that you didn’t have to go through everything that the “Organization” put you through. I explained to him what I do, and gave him my number. He promised me that if anything happened to you, that he would call me. And that’s how we’re here now,” she said smiling.
“Wow, that’s a lot to digest,” Ryou said.
“I know it is, a lot has happened in the past four years,” she replied.
“You can say that again,” Yugi said as he sighed.
“I just have one question. Who was the guy who helped you?” Malik asked.
Serena’s smile grew into a grin, “You’ll see, he’s meeting us for dinner.”
“Oh? But what about the tracking devices?” Yugi asked.
“Don’t worry,” she said as she stood up. She walked over to a table and grabbed a device off of it, “You see this?”
The boys nodded.
“It’s a device that cancels out the GPS signals. It works for up to about 150 kilometers. We’re meeting him in the dining room downstairs, so it’s well within that range,” she replied. (A/N: That’s about 93 miles, just so you know.)
“When are we meeting him?” Yugi asked.
Serena set the device back down and turned around to them. After looking at her watch she replied, “In about ten minutes. Shall we start heading down?”
The boy nodded and the group left the room, Serena making sure to lock it after her. They took the elevator down to the first floor and went into the hotel restaurant. Serena spoke quietly to the host for a moment. He nodded and led them through the dining hall and into a room. There were several dining tables in the room, but only two people in there. The two men, a blonde and brunette, sat at the table farthest from the door. Their hands were clasp, and the brunette was drinking a cup of wine.
“You’re guests have arrived, sir,” the host said.
“Thank you, you may leave,” the brunette said coldly. (A/N: Ten guesses who that is.)
The host bowed and left the group to themselves. The four took seats opposite the couple and looked around nervously. After the waitress had come and taken their orders the brunette stared at the three boys, as if analyzing them.
“These three must be the ones you’ve been talking about for quite some time now, I take it?” he asked Serena.
“Yes, this is them. This is Ryou,” she said pointing to the white haired boy, “Yugi,” pointing to the tri colored haired one, “And Malik,” finally pointing at the blonde.
“Nice to meet you,” the brunette said, “I’m Seto Kaiba, and this mutt here is Joey Wheeler.”
“I thought I told ya not to call me a mutt!” Joey growled.
“Mutt,” Kaiba said smirking.
“Wait,” Yugi said interrupting, “The Seto Kaiba? As in Kaiba Corps Seto Kaiba? Head of the biggest gaming company in the world?”
“Yes,” Kaiba replied.
“When you said someone had helped you, I didn’t think you were talking about the head of Kaiba Corps,” Yugi said to Serena.
“Is there a problem with that?” Kaiba asked coldly.
“No! No, there isn’t,” Yugi said quickly, “I just never imagined that someone as rich and famous as you were the head of an underground movement to help people such as us.”
“Good, I’m glad we’ve got that settled,” Kaiba said as he took another sip of wine.
“So, are you two a couple?” Malik asked.
Joey blushed and Kaiba glared at him, “Got a problem with it?”
“No, certainly not,” Malik said smiling, “If I did, that’d be kind of hypocritical, now wouldn’t it?”
“Why’s that?” Joey asked.
“Well, I’m gay, Ryou’s gay, and Yugi’s bi. If I were to have a problem with you two being together, then I’d have a problem with myself,” he replied shrugging.
“That’s logical,” Joey said nodding.
We definitely do not have a problem with that, now do we aibou? Atem asked almost seductively in Yugi’s mind. Yugi blushed and sent him a mental glare.
Speaking of you, where have you been? He asked him.
I’ve been here. I’ve been observing. It’s funny how fast things can change, he remarked.
Yugi sighed, yeah it is.
“Yugi?” Serena asked.
“Huh?”
“You okay? I’ve been trying to talk to you,” she asked.
“Sorry, I was talking to Atem,” Yugi replied as he pushed a hand through his hair.
“Is everything alright?” she asked.
“Yeah, everything’s fine. Now you were saying?” he said.
“Well, I was about to tell you three what was going to be planned for tomorrow when I noticed that you weren’t paying attention,” she said with a smile.
“Yeah, sorry about that,” he replied.
“That’s okay, I know how you get when you start talking with him,” she said winking at him.
Yugi blushed and put his head down, his bangs covering his face. He felt Atem chuckle and he pouted. Seto and Joey looked at each other and back at Serena. She just smiled at them and mouthed, “All in good time.” They nodded and took another sip of wine.
“Anyway, here’s what we’re going to do tomorrow. We’re going to get up early and head for a small town, where we’ll spend the night. After that, we’ll head for Buffalo, where we’ll meet back up with Seto and Joey. Once there, you three will have your chips removed and new identities given to you. After we’re done there, we’ll take you to the headquarters of the resistance,” she said.
Yugi nodded but didn’t say anything. Just the waitress came back with their food and everyone lapsed into silence. They finished their meal and Seto and Joey bid them goodnight. The group made their way back up to their hotel room to get ready for the night. Each took a turn in the bathroom and Malik claimed the couch, while Ryou claimed the chair. Serena told Yugi that she didn’t mind sharing the bed with him and he nodded. He told her that he was going to be out on the balcony for a bit.
He walked out on the balcony and stared out into the city. The noises somehow comforting him. He sighed and realized that for the first time in his life he felt slightly content. He didn’t feel safe exactly, but he felt content. Like he didn’t have a care in the world. He felt as if, for just that moment, that he was a regular human being and not a Hikari. Not that he hated being a Hikari, no he would never hate that. He sighed again and stared out into the city once more.
What is it, koi? Atem’s voice filtered through his mind.
I feel somewhat happy here, Yugi replied.
Oh?
Yeah, I know it’s strange, but I can’t help it, he thought, It’s just, it’s been a long time since we last saw Serena, and now she’s basically telling us that there might be a way for us to get out from underneath the “Organization.”
And that makes you happy. Atem said. It wasn’t really a question, but more of a statement.
Yes, Yugi thought.
Come to me, Yugi, Atem said.
Yugi sat down in a chair and closed his eyes. He felt the slight tug that signaled that he was entering his soul room. He had found this connection a little over two years ago, when he first confessed his feelings to his darker half. It was a great place to go to see Atem without the “Organization” finding out. He walked out of his soul room and into the hallway that connect to Atem’s soul room. He opened the door to the room and walked in. As usual, a labyrinth awaited his eyes. He had once asked Atem about this, but Atem said he didn’t know why it was like that. It was always a maze of endless doors and hallways for as long as he could remember. Yugi waited, he knew Atem would come for him shortly. Soon enough he heard footsteps to his left and saw his darker half walking towards him. He quickly hurried over to him and was pulled into a passionate kiss.
Yugi moaned into the kiss before Atem broke it and rested his head on Yugi’s forehead. He smiled down at the younger one as Yugi wrapped his arms around Atem’s neck.
“I missed you, little one,” Atem said.
“I missed you too,” Yugi whispered.
“It’s funny, we share a mind, and yet I find myself missing being able to touch you,” Atem said.
“I know what you mean. I too miss being able to do this,” Yugi giggled.
“Wi mr ntk, habibi,” Atem said.
“I love you too, koi,” Yugi whispered.
“You shouldn’t stay here too long. Serena will wonder where you are,” Atem said reluctantly.
“Do I have to go?” Yugi asked.
“Yes, unfortunately, you do,” Atem said.
Yugi sighed; he knew there was no use in arguing with Atem. A thought came to him and he smirked.
“Kiss me goodnight?” he asked.
Atem chuckled and leaned down.
“Gladly,” he whispered against Yugi’s lips before claiming them.
Yugi sighed happily as he kissed Atem back. He pulled him closer and smiled inwardly. Atem licked Yugi’s bottom lip before gently nibbling on it. Yugi, knowing that Atem was asking for entrance, opened his mouth quickly. Atem let go of Yugi’s lip and plunged his tongue into the waiting cavern. Their tongues met in a quick battle of dominance, which Yugi gladly lost, before he roamed around Yugi’s mouth. His tongue brushed around Yugi’s teeth and gums, causing the younger one to moan. Atem smiled into the kiss and brushed his tongue up against Yugi’s. He gently coaxed the young ones tongue into his own mouth and let him repeat the actions he just did. Yugi followed Atem’s tongue into the taller ones mouth and lightly played with Atem’s tongue before air became too scarce for the both of them. They broke a part, panting for air. A thin string of saliva connected their mouths for a moment before it snapped. Atem chuckled and leaned down to lick it off of Yugi’s chin. Yugi sighed and closed his eyes again.
“It’s time to go, akhu,” Atem said breathlessly.
“Alright, goodnight, my love,” Yugi said.
“Tesbah ala kheir,” Atem replied.
Yugi reluctantly stepped away from his darker half and walked over to the door. After sending a small smile back to Atem he stepped through and went over to his soul room. He stepped into his room and concentrated. When he opened his eyes again, he saw the city lights sparkling back at him. A quick glance at his watch had told him that he had spent a half hour with Atem, despite it feeling like only ten minutes. He walked back inside and into the bedroom. Serena was already laying down, her eyes closed. He crawled into the bed and sighed.
“Everything okay, Yugi?” Serena asked.
“Yeah, everything’s just fine,” he said.
“Alright. Night,” she said.
“Night,”
And with that, they both fell asleep. The moon filtered into the hotel room and shined on all four sleeping teens, as if wishing them sweet dreams and promises of protection throughout the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story