Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Quiet

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 2491 words - Complete

-1OOC
Chapter 4
Quiet

Sunlight filtered into the hotel room and fell upon Yugi’s face. He groaned and turned over in an attempt to go back to sleep.
“Oh no you don’t, time to get up Yugi,” a voice sounded.
Yugi groaned and buried his face further into his pillow.
“Come on sleepy head, get up before breakfast is all gone,” the voice said again.
Yugi turned back over and blinked his eyes rapidly. They slowly got used to the incoming daylight. He groaned again and threw the blankets off of him. He stood and stretched before walking over to the window and looking out. The sun was shining brightly down onto the city, making it seem to shimmer in the summer heat.
“About time,” the voice said. Yugi recognized it as Serena’s and he turned his back to the window. He walked over to his suitcase and opened it to grab out a change of clothes.
“I’ll be in the shower if you need me,” he said.
Serena nodded and headed out of the room and into the living room to grab some breakfast before the other two ate it all. Yugi headed into the bathroom and stripped out of his pajamas. He turned the shower on and stepped into it. He stood there and let the water cascade down his body. (A/N: Now there’s something I’d like to see. ) After a few minutes he grabbed the soap and washed himself before getting out. He dried off and changed into a set of clothes. He wore black leather pants and a black cotton tank top. He had two belts on and a leather bracelet on each wrist. On his neck was a thin collar that had the eye of Horus on it. His hair lay flat along his back. He brushed it out, and let it air dry, knowing it would soon return to its gravity defying ways. He walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. Serena smiled and handed him a plate full of food.
“I saved you some. Ryou and Malik managed to eat the rest,” she said.
“Thanks,” he replied as he sat down at the table and poured himself a glass of orange juice. Serena had put some eggs and bacon on his plate, along with two slices of toast. He buttered the toast and ate a piece of the bacon. Ryou and Malik were fighting over who would get the shower next. In the end Ryou won (with a little help from Bakura.) By the time Yugi got done eating his breakfast, his hair was back to normal and both Ryou and Malik had gotten their showers in. The group packed up their belongings and headed down to the foyer.
Serena checked them out and they headed to the limo that Seto had once again provided for them.
“Won’t they be able to track us once we’re out of range of that device?” Malik asked.
“No, because the device is coming with us,” Serena said, holding up said object.
“Oh,”
They piled into the car and they drove away from the hotel. Hours, and several bathroom breaks later, the group stopped for the night at a little town called Angelica, New York. They decided to stay at an inn located there. The group exited the car and filed into the inn. Serena got separate rooms for each of them and they each bid each other a goodnight. They were all tired after the trip, and wanted nothing more than to relax.
Malik unlocked the door to his room and slipped inside. After going to the bathroom and stripping down to his boxers, he unceremoniously flopped back onto his bed. He closed his eyes and sighed.
“Tired, Malik-love?” a voice asked.
Malik opened his eyes and realized that he had gone into his soul room. He felt something nuzzle his neck and looked down to see Marik lying beside him on his bed.
“Yes,” he replied.
“Perhaps you should sleep, Malik-love,” Marik said.
“I want to, but so many things keep running through my head,” Malik responded as he turned over and buried his face into Marik’s chest.
“Like what?”
“Like what could happen if we get caught,” he said.
“We won’t get caught, Malik-love,” Marik replied as he buried his face into Malik’s hair, “And if anything happens, I’ll protect you.”
“It’s not me that I’m worried about,” Malik said sighing and raising his head to look into Marik’s eyes, “I don’t want to lose you.”
“You won’t lose me. I promise,” Marik said as he kissed Malik softly on the lips.
Pulling away, Malik replied, “I almost did.”
“I’m still here. I won’t let them take you from me. If they do, all of Hell will pay,” Marik said growling slightly.
“Promise me you’ll stay with me forever?” Malik asked quietly.
“I promise. Always,” Marik replied.
“I love you,” Malik whispered as he snuggled up to Marik.
“I love you too, Malik-love,” Marik replied, “Now get some sleep, tomorrows going to be a long day.”
Malik sighed and closed his eyes. Sleep quickly claimed the two look-a-likes.

“Gods, I’m so annoyed with Malik right now!” Ryou growled, as he plopped down onto his bed.
He was rather annoying wasn’t he? Bakura chuckled.
“Yes! I wanted to strangle him several times today!” Ryou said exasperated.
You’re hot when you’re angry, hikari, Bakura said seductively.
Ryou blushed and grinned sheepishly, “You think so?”
I know so, Bakura said huskily. He appeared next to Ryou, his hand on Ryou’s leg.
“Not tonight, ‘Kura, please,” Ryou begged.
Why not? Bakura asked.
“I’m tired, and we have to get up early tomorrow,” Ryou replied.
Stupid Kaiba for having us travel all the way to Buffalo by car. Fucking stupid “Organization” for planting those microchips. Stupid… Bakura ranted silently.
Ryou giggled and pulled himself further up on the bed and pulled the covers up around him.
“I love you, ‘Kura,” he said quietly, stopping Bakura in the middle of his rant.
Bakura didn’t say anything. He silently climbed up next to Ryou and put his arm around him while planting a transparent kiss on Ryou’s forehead. Ryou understood that Bakura couldn’t tell him that he loved him. He knew that he did, so it didn’t matter to him.
“Stay with me?” Ryou asked.
“Sure,”
“Goodnight, ‘Kura,” Ryou whispered.
“Goodnight, Ryou,” Bakura said gently, “I love you too.”
Ryou never heard Bakura’s quiet confession, since sleep had already dragged him into dream land. Bakura moved slightly to get comfortable and fell asleep too.

Are you happy you’re helping them?
“Yes,” Serena replied.
It’s been such a long time since we’ve seen them, Wynter said.
“Yes it has,” Serena said as she changed into her night gown, “Too long.”
Ever since that happened, Wynter said. She appeared next to Serena. She too had red hair, but it was curly instead of straight like Serena’s. Her eyes were a beautiful green that appeared almost emerald in color at times. Serena had put on a baby girl type of night gown. It was white, had spaghetti straps for sleeves and ended just above her knees. She had a clear robe over top of it. Wynter had the complete opposite. Her night gown went down to cover her feet and was entirely black. Unlike Serena’s hers showed just a little bit of cleavage. There was only one sleeve that stopped shortly before her right elbow. She didn’t have a robe on.
“I can still feel his hands on me,” Serena whispered as she hugged herself.
Wynter walked over to her and wrapped her arms around her waist, Shhh… it’s alright. Nothing is going to harm you, I promise.
Serena relaxed into Wynter’s embrace and sighed contentedly.
Serena?
“Hmm?”
Do you remember what Seto said? Wynter asked quietly, About what we could do if we wanted to?
“Yes, I remember,” Serena said as she turned around and stared up into Wynter’s eyes.
Did you want to go through with it? Wynter asked.
“I’m not sure, I’m still a little scared,” Serena said, “What do you think we should do?”
I personally would like to do it. It’d be nice to touch you better, Wynter replied, But I’m not going to force you to do it if you don’t want to.
“I know you won’t,” she replied as she rested her head against Wynter’s collar bone.
Let’s not worry about it right now, Wynter said, a smirk growing on her lips. You know, there is a bed over there.
“And?”
And we’re all alone. The boys won’t bother us until the morning, Wynter said seductively.
“Hmmm… are you suggesting what I think you are?” Serena said as she lifted her head.
Instead of answering her, Wynter leaned down and kissed Serena deeply. Serena threw her arms around Wynter’s neck and sighed happily into the kiss.
They broke apart and Serena licked her lips, “I’ll take that as a yes.”
Come.

Yugi sighed. He was too restless to go to sleep. He slipped his shoes back on and grabbed his jacket. He walked out of his room and locked the door. On his way down the hall, he heard moans coming from Serena’s room. Shaking his head and smiling, he continued his way down the hallway. Opting to take the stairs instead of the elevator, he walked down to the foyer and out into the night. It was actually quite warm out for being early spring, so he carried his jacket instead of wearing it. He spotted a playground and walked over to it. After looking around, he decided to sit on the swings for a while. It was so peaceful here. There was a small creek that ran just beyond the playground. The moon cast down a silvery light that made everything seem almost ethereal in effect. It was quiet and almost musical. The wind through the trees was like the whispers of far off harps and violins. The crickets and frogs were the vocals and the sound of the water offering up a relaxing background melody. Yugi found it hard to believe that anything this perfect could exist in a world that was full of injustice. Despite being beautiful, it only served as a painful reminder of what the world was really like. He sighed heavily and stared up at the moon; its light reflecting off of his amethyst eyes.
What’s the matter, tenshi? Atem asked as he appeared beside Yugi.
It’s so beautiful here. It’s hard to believe that anything this serene exists in the world today. Yugi replied.
I know, Atem said as he looked around the playground before finally settling on Yugi. The two lapsed into silence for a while, each lost in their own thoughts.
I want to stop him, Yugi thought suddenly.
Hmmm?
I want to stop him, he said again, I want to destroy him. I want to tear apart the “Organization” piece by piece. I want to watch it fall and crumble into nothing.
I think someone’s been hanging around Bakura too long,
Atem said, amusement lacing his voice.
I can’t help it. I hate what they’ve done to us. I hate what they’re doing to people even as we sit here. I hate it and I want it to stop. I really hate it… Yugi said.
Yugi, calm down. Getting upset won’t help anything, Atem said soothingly.
I know, Yugi replied as he took a deep breath. He let it out slowly, Atem?
Yes, akhu?
After we get our new identities and get the chips removed, I want to start training, Yugi said.
Training?
I want to go after the “Organization.”I want to free all of the Hikari’s from their tyranny, he replied.
Are you sure? It’s going to be dangerous, Atem said.
Yes, I’m sure, Yugi said.
Alright. We’ll talk to Seto tomorrow and see if he can help us, Atem said, We’ll also have to talk this over with the others.
I know, Yugi replied.
Don’t worry, tenshi, I’ll be right by your side the entire time, he said.
Thank you.
Atem nodded and they fell back into silence again. Yugi was still thinking about the “Organization” and what it was doing. He scowled when he thought about how much he hated them and how much he wanted to destroy it. Atem too was thinking, but he was thinking about something entirely different…
Yugi?
Hmmm?
If… if there’s a way for us to separate… would you do it?
Atem asked.
Yugi looked over at him sharply, why do you ask?
I know I said that I’ll always be by your side, but, he said as he took a deep breath, I also want to fight with you too. I can’t do that in our current state.
Yugi looked back up at the moon again. He understood where Atem was coming from, but he was also afraid. He wouldn’t mind being able to touch Atem out in the real world instead of in their soul rooms. The thought of being able to hold hands with him and going for walks together made him consider going through a separation. Ryou’s words about what the doctors said floated through his mind. Even if the separation was successful, he didn’t want to die right after. He bit his lip and stared down at the ground.
There might be another way, Atem said, I’m sure there’s got to be more than one way of separating. If there is, would you do it?
Maybe. I just don’t want to lose you right after separating, Yugi said.
I know, little one. It’s just, I don’t want to sit around while you’re doing everything. I want to do something to help you, Atem said.
I know, Yugi said with a sigh.
Come on, little one. Let’s go back to the inn and get some sleep. Tomorrow’s going to be a long day, Atem said as he held out his hand for Yugi to take.
Yugi stood up and slipped his hand into Atem’s transparent one. The two look-a-like’s left the playground silently and slowly. After they left silence fell back down onto the playground. The wind blew through and made the swings creak, breaking the tranquility that had fallen. The night animals resumed their calls and activities, but for a moment it was almost as if time had stopped there, and tomorrow’s worries had not existed.
Sign up to rate and review this story