Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

New Identities

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1383 words - Complete

-1OOC
Chapter 5

New Identities


Sunlight filtered into the room. Unlike the day before, Yugi was up and dressed already. He was nervous about what was to happen today. The questions that Atem had asked fluttered through his mind for the tenth time since he woke up. What was he going to do? He knew for sure that he wanted the chip removed and that he wanted to bring down the “Organization.” In order to do that, however, he might have to separate from Atem. Could he do it? He had no idea. He sighed again and tried to eat a little of the food he had sent up to his room. He set the bagel back down, suddenly not hungry. He sighed again as he heard a knock on his door.
“Come in,” he said.
“Hey, you’re up early,” Malik said.
“Yeah,” he replied.
“Nervous?”
“Not really. I just have a lot on my mind,” he replied.
“Oh?”
“It’s nothing,” he said as he stood up, “Is everyone else ready?”
“Yeah, they’re all waiting downstairs,” Malik replied.
“Alright, let’s go,” Yugi said. He grabbed his bag and followed him out the door.
The two walked down the stairs and into the foyer. Serena made sure that they had everything before they all piled into the limo and left for Buffalo. The two hour car ride was rather quiet seeing as each person was lost in their own thoughts. It was all too soon that they reached the city. The three boys stared out the windows in fascination. They had never seen another city besides Domino, so it was quite the experience. The limo pulled into a tall skyscraper in the middle of the city and came to a stop. The four exited and Serena led them through a door and over to a receptionist. The receptionist, after see who it was, motioned for them to go through and the group got on a private elevator. The elevator went up to the 54th floor and opened up into a huge office. Kaiba sat behind a huge desk typing away at a silver laptop. He didn’t bother to look up as they came in, choosing to ignore them instead. Serena stopped and crossed her arms while tapping her foot lightly. Kaiba eventually looked up at them and then looked back down at the laptop. He typed in a few things and then shut the screen.
“It’s about time you got here,” he said roughly.
Serena just ignored him and smiled, “Is everything ready?”
“Yes,” he said as he stood up and strode over to a door. He pushed it open and led them down a hallway. He stopped in front of two huge metal doors and turned to the group.
“First you’re going to get those chips removed. After you’re done, you’ll come back to my office and I’ll give you all of the necessary paperwork for your new identities. Don’t worry; we have a fully equipped medical staff on hand. Most of them are Hikari’s and the ones who aren’t pretend not to see anything and they get a huge bonus in their checks,” Kaiba said.
He turned and walked through the doors. A doctor approached them and Kaiba stopped to talk to him.
“These are the three. I want it to go quickly and smoothly. You know what you have to do,” he said before turning around and leaving. Serena gave them a small wave before following Kaiba back to his office.
“Alright, so then who wants to go first?” the doctor asked.
“I will, doc,” Malik said.
“Please, call me Jack,” the doctor said.
Malik nodded.
“Follow me. You two can wait over there,” Jack said as he pointed to a group of chairs.
The two nodded and sat down. Jack led Malik away. Ryou and Yugi fell into a nervous silence. Each was praying that it wouldn’t hurt too much. After a half hour, Malik came back out, a small gauze pad taped to his neck. Ryou went next. When Yugi asked Malik what it was like, her merely replied, “Not what I expected.” Yugi was a little confused, but let it go. He knew he’d find out soon enough anyway. He saw Jack and Ryou come back and got extremely nervous.
Did you want me to take over, aibou, Atem asked.
No, I’ll be fine, he replied as he stood up and walked over Jack. They walked down a hallway and into a room. There was a chair in the middle that reminded Yugi of a massage chair. It had a straight back that tilted and a headrest was attached to it. There was a hole in the headrest where one would put their face when sitting in it.
“Have a seat Yugi,” Jack said.
Yugi nodded and sat down. He put his face against the headrest and sighed to try and dispel some of his nervousness.
“Just relax, Yugi. It’ll be over before you know it,” Jack said.
Yugi rolled his eyes but didn’t say anything.
“So here’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to give you a shot that will numb the muscles around the area where the chip is at. After it has taken effect, we’ll make a small incision and then remove the chip. After we’re done with that, we’ll sow up the cut and then bandage it. Sound good Yugi?” Jack asked.
Yugi nodded and closed his eyes. Jack gave him the shot and then let it take effect. 15 minutes later, he came back.
“Can you feel this?” he asked as he poked at Yugi’s neck.
“No,” Yugi replied.
“Good, that means we’re ready,” he said.
He grabbed a scapula and made a small cut in Yugi’s neck. Yugi didn’t feel any pain, just a slight pressure feeling. Jack used a small clamp to keep the skin open and grabbed a small pair of tweezers. He pulled the microchip out and dropped it to the floor. He brought his heel down on it and crushed it. He grabbed a needle and some medical thread and proceeded to sow up the cut. The nurse handed him a bandage and he placed it over the cut.
“There, all done,” he said.
Yugi pulled back. He didn’t realize that Jack was done until he had said something. He wanted to feel where the cut was, but didn’t dare incase he made it bleed again. They walked back to where the other two were waiting and said goodbye to Jack. The three made their way back to Kaiba’s office and walked in. Serena was dozing on one of the couches in the room while Kaiba was back working on his laptop. He looked up briefly and then shut his laptop. He pulled some papers out a folder and motioned for them to sit down.
“Here’s your new identities,” he said, “I changed your names and took the liberty of changing your age too. You’re all 18 and were born here in Buffalo. You’ve been going to school here for all of your lives. You all met when you were in elementary school and have been friends since.”
He handed them some papers and various ID cards.
“Malik, your name is now Malik Ishtal. You live alone and you’re parents are on an excavation in Egypt. Ryou, you’re name is Ryou Bakura. Yes, I’m aware that it’s his name, but I couldn’t think of anything else. You live with your rich parents, but you never see them. Yugi, your name is Yugi Sennen. You live alone; your parents died when you were young. All three of you plan to take a year off before going to college,” he told them.
The three looked over their individual information and Yugi could almost hear the rude comments coming from Bakura. Yugi looked up from his paperwork and the questions that were plaguing his mind earlier came back again. He figured that now would be a good time as any to ask Kaiba about them.
“Kaiba, could I talk to you privately for a moment?”
Sign up to rate and review this story