Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Secrets

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1893 words - Complete

-1OOC
Chapter 6

Secrets

Kaiba regarded Yugi for a moment before nodding. He motioned for Yugi to follow him and they left his office. They made their way down a corridor and Kaiba led him into a conference type room.
“Have a seat,” he said.
Yugi nodded and sat down. He placed his identity papers on the table in front of him and stared at Kaiba.
“What do you want?” he asked.
“I’m not sure,” Yugi admitted.
“Meaning?”
Yugi sighed and leaned back into the chair while running a hand through his hair.
“I suppose, I have a few questions first,” he said after a moment.
“Go ahead,” Kaiba said with a wave of his hand.
“I want to start training,” Yugi said.
“What for?”
“I want to destroy the “Organization.”
“…”
“I want to stop them from hurting anyone else like me. They’ve ruined thousands of people’s lives for absolutely no reason. I want to end it,” he said.
Kaiba thought for a moment, “It’ll take a few days, but I think I can get some experts together that will train you.”
“The sooner the better. I want to stop them as soon as possible,” he said.
Kaiba nodded and wrote down some notes in a small notebook he carried with him, “What’s your next question?”
“Is there a way to separate a yami and a hikari?” Yugi asked, his eye’s narrowing.
“Why?”
“Atem wants to fight them with me, but he can’t do that in our current form,” Yugi said shrugging.
Kaiba titled his head and regarded Yugi for a moment. It was almost as if he was debating on whether he should tell Yugi something.
“There is, but,” he said after a moment, “It is painful. It is, however, the only way to guarantee that both you and Atem survive.”
“How painful?”
“On a scale of 1 to 10,” he replied, “An 11.”
“Oh,” Yugi said as he looked down at the desk uncertainly.
“I will let you think it over,” he said, “What about your friends? Do they want to do this too?”
“I haven’t asked them,”
“We’ll ask them when we return,” Kaiba said as he stood up.
Yugi remained sitting, a frown on his face, “There’s something I don’t get, Kaiba.”
“What?”
“Why are you doing this?”
Kaiba was silent. Yugi looked over and saw that Kaiba had a look of intense concentration, almost as if he was trying to not let his emotions take over. After a moment he sat down again.
“When I was young, say around 13, I was adopted by a man by the name of Gozoboro. He adopted me and my younger brother, Mokuba,” he said heavily, “Back then; Hikari’s didn’t have to go through what they do now. When I turned 15, they came and took him. He was only 12. He was a hikari, so they said that he needed to come to a facility to live. I begged Gozoboro not to let them take him. He was so scared. I tried my hardest to keep him safe, but I just wasn’t strong enough…”

Flashback
“No!!! You can’t take him!”
“We must. He a hikari. It’s a law that all hikari’s live in the facility,” a man said in a white lab coat said.
“No! He’s my brother! He can stay here, and you can come and check on him,” A 15 year old Seto pleaded.
“I’m sorry, but he must come with us,” the man said.
“I won’t let you!” Seto yelled and stood protectively in front of his brother.
“You have no say in it. If he won’t come with us willingly, we’ll forcibly take him,” the man said as he snapped his fingers. Two more men in orderly forms came from behind him.
“NO! You won’t take him!” Seto yelled as he charged at the three men. One of them caught him and restrained him while the other two grabbed a crying Mokuba.
“Seto!” Mokuba shrieked.
“Mokuba!” Seto screamed.

End Flashback

His and Mokuba’s screams echoed in his mind and he remembered that fateful night. Yugi remained quiet as Kaiba remembered his brother. Finally, after shaking himself mentally and physically, Kaiba looked up.
“I want to get him back,” he said.
Yugi nodded, “I understand. We’ll do whatever we can to help.”
“I know, thank you,” he replied.
“You’re welcome. We should get back, the others are probably wondering what happened to us,” Yugi said.
Kaiba nodded and they stood up and left the room.

“And that’s how we met,”
The voice filtered through the door as Kaiba went to open it. He immediately recognized the voice to belong to Joey Wheeler, his lover.
“Joey?” he said as they walked in.
“Seto!” Joey exclaimed as he launched himself into the others arms. They shared a chaste kiss for a moment before turning back to the group who had smiles on their faces.
“I see what you mean, Joey,” Ryou said.
“Joey?” Kaiba asked.
“Sorry, Seto, I told them about how we met. You remember? The day I ran into you in the coffee shop? Literally,” Joey said a fond smile on his face.
“Yes, I remember. I wanted to kill you,” Kaiba said chuckling.
“Instead you asked me out the next day,” Joey said blushing.
“I was lucky that you said yes,” he replied.
“What can I say? Love at first sight,” Joey replied sighing.
“Love ya too, pup,”
The others looked at each other and smiled a knowing smile. Despite not wanting to break up the tender moment, Yugi cleared his throat to let them know that they were still there. Kaiba shot him a look of annoyance while Joey smiled sheepishly at him.
“I have some questions I’d like to ask you all,” Yugi said as he turned to the three other hikari’s.
“Sure, what is it Yugi?” Malik said.
Yugi took a deep breath and motioned for them to sit back down. They did what he wanted and he stood in front of them. He looked at each of them, as if searching for something. Whether he found it or not, we’ll never know. He closed his eyes and slowly let his breath out.
“My first question is this: I want to destroy the “Organization.” I want to completely annihilate it. This means undergoing some heavy training and then finally sneaking into the headquarters to kill whoever it is that is in charge. If I asked, would you be willing to risk your lives to help me?” he asked.
“Yes,” Malik said without hesitation. Yugi looked at him surprised.
“I hated the way I was treated in there. I felt like I was a tool more than anything else. I want to free the others,” he replied.
Yugi nodded and looked at Ryou. Ryou nodded his agreement. He too wanted to put an end to them. Yugi’s gaze shifted over to Serena. She merely looked at him. Determination was set on her face. He knew then that she’d give up her life in order to help him. Oh Ra, he prayed it would never come to that. He nodded at her and sighed again.
“Kaiba’s informed me that there is a way to separate us from our Yami’s. I know Atem wants to help fight them. I don’t want your answer right now, but if possible, would you be willing to separate from them in order to let them help? I will warn you, it is going to hurt,” he said.
“How bad?” Ryou said softly.
“Bad,”
“…”
“Don’t decide now. Talk it over with your Yami’s and let me know in the morning,” Yugi replied.
“In the meantime, why don’t we all go out to dinner?” Joey suggested.
“Sure Joey, that sounds great,” Serena said, glad for the change of subject.
Yugi nodded. The group got up and got ready to leave.
“Joey?”
Joey turned and looked at Yugi.
“What’s up Yuge?” he asked.
Yugi smiled at the new nickname, “Could you hang back a sec? I want to talk to you.”
“Sure,” he said. He turned to the group, “We’ll be right down.”
Kaiba nodded and the group walked over to the private elevator and got on. Kaiba turned around and stared at Yugi. Yugi turned his head to the side and stared back at him. Understanding passed between the two before the doors shut.
“What do you need, Yuge?” Joey asked.
Yugi turned his head back around and motioned for Joey to sit down. The blonde complied and Yugi sat down opposite of him.
“I know why Kaiba’s helping us. He told me. What I want to know is why are you helping us? Other than being Kaiba’s boyfriend,” Yugi said.
“Simple. They took my sister Serenity,” Joey said.
Yugi raised an eyebrow and looked at Joey.
“When I was young, about 13, my mom and dad got a divorce. I left with my father while Serenity stayed with my mom. A year later, my mother called my father. They had taken her. She was a Hikari, so they said she needed to go live in a facility. When my father told me, I vowed to get her back, no matter what the cost. When Seto told me of how they took his brother, we decided to do something about it. Seto uses his money to help Hikari’s while I use my connections, such as Serena, to find and help people like you and the others. We also want to stop them, and we’ll do whatever it takes to do so,” he replied.
Yugi nodded, “Thank you Joey.”
“No problem. One question. Why did you want to know?” Joey asked.
“Frankly, I wanted to know why we should trust you. Since you both have siblings that were taken, I feel that you won’t turn us back over to them,” he said.
“A legitimate concern. Don’t worry; we won’t do anything of the sort. We want to stop them, not help them,” Joey said.
“Thank you, Joey,” Yugi said.
Joey nodded, “Come on, let’s go join the others. I’m starving!”
Yugi laughed and followed Joey to the elevator to join the others.

“What do you mean you haven’t found them yet?!”
“I’m sorry sir, but their chips were either removed or are being blocked,” a man said.
A blue haired man growled. He had one blue eye and one gold eye. He wore a white robe type of clothing and had a small chain going around his forehead. His eyes flashed in anger as he stood up. One could have considered him beautiful, if it weren’t for the murderous intent that often lay in his eyes. His name, quite fittingly, was Dartz.
“I want them found, do you understand me? Find them! Don’t come back until you find them and bring me their heads!” he shouted.
“Yes, sir,” the man squeaked and hurried from the room.
Dartz sat back down and growled again in annoyance.
I will find you, Yugi Motou. You and the others. You will not escape me! You’re Yami and you will both die by my hand!
Sign up to rate and review this story