Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Plans

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1505 words - Complete

-1OOC
Chapter 10

Plans

Yugi sighed for the tenth time as he leaned back against Atem’s arm. It was almost four in the afternoon and pretty much the entire group was sitting in Kaiba’s office. They were waiting for Serena and Wynter to come back from the train station. Most of their teachers had left yesterday after their last test, but Mai waited until today, saying she wanted to catch the train to New York City. Kaiba had Serena and Wynter drop her off. They were going to discuss plans for infiltrating the “Organization’s” main headquarters, which was in Kyoto, Japan. Kaiba had a private jet standing by until after the meeting to fly them back to Japan. They were just waiting for Serena and Wynter to get back to start the meeting. Yugi closed his eyes and tilted his head to rest on Atem’s shoulder.
Tired, aibou? Atem’s voice filtered in his mind.
A little, Yugi replied.
It’ll all be over soon, and then you can sleep for as long as you want, Atem murmured.
I know. I wish it were over already. I’m scared Atem. I don’t want anything to happen to you, Yugi sighed again.
Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. As long as you are by my side, I’ll be fine, he replied.
I’m still going to worry, you know that. I can’t help it. You’re my world, if anything happened to you, I… I’d rather die than see anything happen to you, Yugi said.
Don’t think that way, koi. If you died, then where would that leave me? You are my world too. Without you it’d be like a universe without a sun. I can’t stand the thought of loosing you either, Atem said as he shifted slightly to press a kiss into Yugi’s hair.
Well, then, we’ll just have to make sure that we watch each other’s backs, Yugi said,Besides, if you die, I’ll kill you.
Kind of hard to kill me if I’m already dead, but I understand. The same goes for you, akhu,
Atem said, amusement lacing his voice.
I love you, Yugi whispered.
I love you too.
Just then the door to Kaiba’s office opened and in stepped Serena and Wynter.
“About time you showed up,” Kaiba said.
“Oh hush Seto. You know how long it takes to get here from the station,” Serena said.
“You could have been quicker,” he snarled but let it go nonetheless.
Serena merely rolled her eyes before taking a seat next to her Yami. Kaiba closed his laptop (A/N: Is he never going to stop using that thing?) and put it aside. In its place, he spread out a giant blueprint of a skyscraper.
“This is the building plan for the “Organization’s” main building in downtown Kyoto. It has the most advanced security system other than my own. That’s where Malik and Marik will come in,” he said, “It’ll be your job to make sure everyone gets in without any troubles.”
“I’ll be helping you,” Tea said, “I’ll provide you with some things that will get you around in there without setting off any alarms.”
Malik and Marik nodded their thanks before turning back to Kaiba.
“Once you’re inside, you’ll split up. Bakura and Ryou, your job at this point will be to get whatever you can from the main computer servers. Malik and Marik will accompany you. Yugi, Atem, Serena and Wynter, you all know what you need to do,” he said.
Said people nodded their heads.
“I’ll be joining the four of ya, just so ya know,” Joey’s voice floated over to them from the door.
Yugi and Atem became confused and it must have shown, because Kaiba said, “I want someone in there that can get you out in case something goes wrong.”
The two look-a-likes looked at each other and then back to Kaiba before nodding.
“Malik, Marik, Bakura, Ryou and Tea, I want to go over the map with you. The rest of you can do whatever you want, but be back here before five. I want to leave before then,” Kaiba said.
“Come on, Atem, I want to go find something for Grandpa,” Yugi said.
“We’ll go with you,” Serena, Wynter and Joey all said at the same time.
Yugi giggled, “Sure, let’s go.”
The five of them left the room as the other five poured over the map, making sure that they every nook and cranny of the building committed to memory.
As the group walked out of the building, Atem looked at Joey suspiciously.
“What’s the real reason you’re going?” he asked.
“What do ya mean?” Joey said nervously.
Yugi stopped and crossed his arms, his eyes narrowing, making him look a lot like Atem, “We’re not stupid Joey. We know that you’re not going with us just to bail us out. There’s something else, and the three of you know it.”
Joey ran a hand through his blonde hair and sighed, “You’re right, there is. Kaiba wants me to find Mokuba and Serenity.”
“Why didn’t he just tell us?” Atem said as they started walking again.
“He didn’t want you to get sidetracked with your part of the mission,” Joey said.
“Don’t worry, that won’t happen,” Atem said confidently.
Joey nodded and continued walking.
“Let’s not dwell on this anymore, please?” Yugi begged, “It’s a beautiful day, let’s enjoy it.”
“Sure, aibou, why not?” Atem asked; smiling softly.
Yugi returned the smile before he grabbed Serena and pulled her away; the two happily discussing what they wanted to get the elder Mutou.

4:59, Kaiba Corps private Jet. Somewhere over the Pacific.
The group had made it back to Kaiba’s office in time to board the plane and was now on their way back to Japan. Most of the group was sleeping. Serena and Wynter were both sleeping as well as Malik and Marik. Joey’s snores resonated through the small cabin every few minutes, much to Bakura’s dislike. Bakura, himself, was still pouring over the map as Ryou slept next to him. Kaiba was in the cockpit flying the plane. (Bakura wasn’t happy about that, but shut up when Kaiba threatened to let him find his own way back.)Yugi was staring out the window while Atem watched him. A yawn escaped the smaller ones lips and Atem smiled.
He leaned over and whispered in Yugi’s ear, “Get some sleep little one. It’ll be a while before we get there anyways.”
Yugi nodded and shifted in his seat until he was lying down. He closed his eyes and promptly fell asleep. Atem looked around the small compartment at their friends. Serena was leaning up against Wynter, who had her arm around the Hikari. Malik was practically lying in Marik’s lap, though Marik didn’t seem too bothered by it. Atem watched in amusement as Bakura’s head kept tipping down until it finally just face planted onto the map. Atem chuckled and looked down at Yugi. He smiled before wrapping an arm around the smaller one and burying his face in his hair. After a few minutes, the only noise that filtered through the small space was Joey’s snores; the group having fallen asleep.
3:35 p.m. The next day. Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan. (A/N: Kyoto doesn’t have an international airport. The closest one is in Osaka)
The group got off the plane and into one of Kaiba’s limos. They drove the short distance to Kyoto and entered into a hotel for the night. Kaiba told them all to get some sleep before pulling Joey into their room. The others smiled and wished each other good night before retreating to their own rooms. Atem changed into his pajama’s and went out onto the balcony. Yugi changed into his own pj’s and followed his darker half outside.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“Oh, nothing,” Atem replied.
“Atem, I know you well enough to know there’s something wrong,” Yugi replied as he came up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist.
“I’m fine, Hikari. I just am thinking about the mission,” Atem said as he turned in Yugi’s arms.
“It’ll be fine, Atem. We’ll make it through,” Yugi said.
Atem wrapped his arms around Yugi and smiled down at him, “I know we will.”
Yugi smiled up at him and tilted his head up. Atem’s eyes darkened and he leaned down, their lips connecting in a sweet kiss. It was a small, chaste kiss, but it was enough for the both of them. Yugi laid his head on Atem’s chest while the taller one rested his head on Yugi’s.
“Tomorrow,” Atem breathed.
“Tomorrow.”
Sign up to rate and review this story