Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Infiltrating

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1722 words - Complete

-1OOC
Alive

Infiltrating

10:00 p.m. outside the “Organization’s” headquarters
“How’s it coming Tea?” Seto’s voice filtered over the ear buds they all had.
Tea sat inside a van typing away at a computer. She reached up and pressed a button on the ear bud, “It’s coming. Ten more minutes and I’ll have the security down.”
“Good. Is everyone else in position?” he asked. (A/N: Cliché line I know, but it works.)
Atem pressed his ear bud, “Yes. Ready when Tea is.”
“I’m almost done. Be ready Bakura,” she replied.
“I’ve been ready, you just hurry up,” he replied.
“Got it,” she said.
The group was standing in a back alleyway just outside of the building. Atem was using his shadow magic to keep them hidden from prying eyes. They were waiting for Tea to disable the security system so that way they could get inside. Bakura had committed a detailed blueprint of the building to memory, and Ryou had a hard copy just in case something went wrong.
“Seto, I’ve got a problem,” Tea’s voice filtered over the ear buds.
“What is it?” he asked.
“I can only disable the security system for about 15 minutes. It’ll be enough time for them to get in, but after that they’ll have to figure out a way around the security until Malik and Marik reach the main servers,” she replied.
“Damn. I thought you said you could do this?” he demanded.
“I wasn’t expecting their security to change every 15 minutes. All of the passwords are rewritten every 15 minutes by a control program inside the main server. If Malik and Marik reach them, they should be able to destroy the control program and disable the security,” she replied.
“Dammit!” Seto growled.
“Seto?” Malik asked.
“What?”
“Marik and I can get everyone in with plenty of time left over. Don’t worry about it; this is what we were trained for. Tea, you just have the security down and we’ll do the rest,” he replied.
“Don’t let me down,” Seto snarled before letting them go.
“Tea, let me know when you’re ready,” Malik said.
“Affirmative,” she replied.
“Well, this is unexpected,” Yugi said. He shifted from foot to foot from excitement.
“Don’t worry, shorty, they’ll have you in there before they even realize that their systems are down,” Bakura said.
“Don’t call me shorty,” Yugi replied.
“Malik, it’s done,” Tea said.
“Confirmed. Let’s go,” he said.
Malik walked forward up to a door that led to a loading dock. He bent down and pulled out a case. Inside were several different tools needed to open a lock. Picking one put in the door and started twisting it this way and that way. Atem kept the shadows around them, while Yugi pulled the light from the lamp near them to him, extinguishing it in the shadows. A few seconds later and a soft exclamation of triumph came from Malik and the door popped open. They group darted inside and Wynter closed the door behind them.
“We’re in,” Malik whispered to Tea.
“Good, you should be able to get part of the way before the security kicks on. Watch out for cameras, guards and laser traps along the floor. When the system comes back on, your best bet would be to take the air conditioning ducts. There doesn’t appear to be any security there,” she replied.
“Affirmative, thanks,” he said.
“You’re welcome, good luck,” she replied.
“We’re on our own now,” Malik said.
“We’ll make it, Hikari, don’t worry,” Marik said.
“Let’s go,” Malik said.
The group crept forward. They made no noise as they walked down the hallway; careful to keep an eye out for any guards. Atem and Yugi didn’t use their powers here. It was too risky. One of the guards might come along and notice something unusual. Malik crept up to a corner, holding up a hand to stop the group as he did. He peered around the corner and saw nothing. He motioned for the group to continue. They crossed the hall over to another door marked stairs. Ryou quickly unlocked it and the group ran inside. They raced up the flights as the time trickled by. One of the floors that they were stopping at was the 38th floor, while the other one was the last floor, the 57th floor. They managed to get to the 25th floor when Marik stopped suddenly.
“We’re almost out of time. The security will be back up any minute. We’re going to have to continue through the air ducts,” he said.
Atem nodded, “Lead the way.”
Marik slid up to a door and opened it slowly, peering out into the hallway. He nodded and snuck out into it. He inched up to a grate that was blocking the air duct and started to pull the screws out of it. A commotion was heard at the end of the hall and Atem and Yugi disappeared into the shadows. Bakura kept pulling the screws out, but went a little more quickly. All of a sudden two guards appeared around the corner. Everyone froze. Before anyone could move, the two guards fell to the floor, unconscious. Atem and Yugi walked out of the shadows behind the guards and nodded to each other. They proceeded to disarm the guards.
“How the hell did they manage to get over there so fast?” Malik whispered.
“It’s what they were trained to do,” Ryou merely replied.
Marik grunted as he went back to fiddling with the last two remaining screws. The rest of them watched as Atem and Yugi dragged the two guards into a nearby closet and locked them in. They rejoined the group just as Marik pulled the last screw out.
“Got it, let’s go,” he said as he pulled the grate off.
“Nice job,” Serena whispered to Yugi as he passed her to go into the air duct.
“Thanks,”
The group crawled through the ducts with Malik in the lead and Marik at the end. They almost reached the 32nd floor when Malik stopped. The group heard him cussing and wondered what was up.
“What is it?” Atem asked.
“There’s a laser trap up a head. It’s designed so that way when something disturbs it, it will go off. There’s a beam going from one side to the other into a receiving end, so we can put anything in front of it. Damn, this can’t be happening,” Malik said over the comms.
They heard Bakura behind them swearing about how he was going to kill Tea for being wrong.
“Well, we can go back and find a different way,” Ryou suggested.
“No use. We’d get caught for sure now that the security is back up. No this is our only chance,” Wynter replied.
“Damn,” Joey said.
“Wait, I have an idea,” Malik said suddenly. They heard him fiddling with something and then heard him move forward.
“When you go through, try not to touch the laser,” he replied.
The group moved forward and saw what he had done. He had rigged a small mirror to bounce the laser off of the ceiling and back over to the receiving device. The laser made a two sided triangle above their heads. The group moved carefully under it and when Marik had passed under, he reached over and pulled the mirror away. The laser snapped back into place. They continued forward and finally reached the second floor. Malik took the screws out of another grate and then crawled out. The hallway was empty as the group piled in it.
“Bakura, Ryou, this is where the main server is supposed to be located. You know what you’re supposed to do,” Malik said.
Ryou nodded as Bakura said, “Don’t worry; we’ll have everything transferred over before you realize it.”
“Malik, Marik, you stay here with them. The five of us will go on by ourselves,” Atem said.
“Are you sure?” Malik asked.
“Yeah, they’re going to need you more just in case something happens,” he replied, “We can take care of everything.”
“So we noticed,” Malik said nodding his head in agreement.
“Try not to screw everything up, tomb robber,” Atem whispered to Bakura.
“Don’t worry, I won’t. Try not to get caught,” Bakura snarled back.
Atem nodded. He knew that that was as close to good luck as he was going to get from Bakura. The five of them crawled back into the ducts as Ryou, Bakura, Malik and Marik made their way to the central control room.
Atem led the way as they crawled up to the 57th floor. They didn’t come across any more traps, thankfully. They finally reached the last floor and scrambled out into the hallway.
“I need to find Mokuba and Serenity,” Joey whispered.
Atem nodded his head, “Serena, Wynter, go with him. He’s going to need help getting the two of them out of here.”
“What about you two?” Serena asked.
“We’ll be fine,” he replied before taking off down the hall. Yugi threw them a wave before following the older one down the hall, dodging security cameras and laser traps.
Serena shook her head and whispered, “good luck.
“Come on,” Wynter said as the three of them took off in the opposite direction to find Mokuba and Serenity.
Atem raced down the hallway with Yugi at his side. They knew where they were going, having memorized the floor plans. They were headed to the main office. Dartz’ office. They slid under a camera just as it scanned over the way they had come. They fled down the hall and reached a door that would lead them into the office. Atem stopped and looked over at Yugi, who had walked over to a key pad and attempted to break the code. After a few minutes he nodded to Atem who took a deep breath and entered the office. He snuck in and looked around. The room was dark and it appeared empty. He walked forward towards the desk. All of a sudden he snapped back around as he heard a voice.
“Hello, Atem.”
Sign up to rate and review this story