Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Siblings

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1508 words - Complete

-1OOC
Alive

Siblings

Bakura, Ryou, Malik and Marik raced through the hallways towards the central control room. They dodged security cameras and laser traps. A sudden noise ahead of them forced them to pause and hide quickly as three guards came around the corner. After the guards had passed, they started to run again. According to the map, the control room was right ahead of them. They raced up to it and thankfully there were no guards. Bakura quickly cracked the number code and they slipped inside. Malik and Marik kept watch while Bakura and Ryou set to work on the computers.
“Kaiba said he wanted all of the data downloaded,” Ryou said.
“I don’t know if we’ll be able to,” Bakura muttered.
“Why don’t I try to copy the data, and you send it to Kaiba Corps?” Ryou suggested.
“I’ll try, though I don’t see the point. It’s going to take the same amount of time as copying it,” Bakura replied.
“I know, set up a program that will transfer all of the data even after we’re gone. That way, when we’re escaping, it’ll transfer whatever data we didn’t get copied,” Ryou said.
“Good idea and better yet, I’ll add a delete code onto it. It’ll delete the information when it’s done sending it. That way they’ll lose all of their records in the process,” Bakura said as he began to furiously type on the main computer. Ryou sat down at a spare terminal and began to copy the information over onto disks.
“Hey, Bakura, take a look at this,” Ryou said suddenly.
Bakura stopped what he was doing and walked over to him, “What is it?”
“It looks like a list,” Ryou replied.
“A list?” Bakura asked.
“It looks like a list of every Hikari alive. It even lists their corresponding Yami’s,” Ryou said.
“Damn, so that’s how they were able to keep track of us all. They had us on a list,” he snarled.
“Yeah, what do I do?” Ryou asked.
“Copy it and then destroy it. If they can’t keep track of who everyone is, then there’s no way they’ll be able to control people for long,” Bakura replied.
“Alright,” Ryou said.
The two worked in silence for a few moments. Ryou had copied the list and not only deleted it, but erased any sign of it. Bakura created a program that sent all of the data from their computers to Kaiba Corps and then erased it all. To trigger the program, it was connected to one of the main programs that ran the computer. The only way to get rid of the program was to destroy the computer itself. Bakura watched as the program transferred the information over. Bakura explored other programs on the computer when he noticed something.
“Hey look,” he said.
He pressed a button and a map popped up on a screen in the room. The dots on the map were moving. Ryou stood up and walked over to the screen.
“What is that?” he asked.
“It’s an interactive map of all of the microchips in the Hikari’s,” Bakura said.
“Can you disable them?” he asked.
“I’ll find a way,” Bakura growled.
“When you do, destroy the program that keeps track of them,” Ryou said as he turned around to Bakura, “Let’s free them.”
Bakura nodded and set to work on getting rid of the signals from the microchips. One by one on the map, the dots went out. Ryou went back to copying the data and Malik and Marik watched as the last dot on the map disappeared.
“It’s done. Of course the only fool proof way of making sure that they never find the Hikari’s is to get rid of the chips themselves, but they won’t be able to do much with this gone,” Bakura said after a moment.
“Good and the list is gone permanently, so without either of these two, they’re going to have one hell of a hard time trying to find everyone again,” Ryou replied.
“We’ll give that copy of the list to Kaiba and he can start the process of removing the chips,” Bakura replied.
“Yeah,” Ryou said, “I wonder how the others are doing…”




“Hurry, it’s not much farther!” Joey exclaimed.
The three of them ran down corridor after corridor searching for the one room that Joey was sure that his sister and Kaiba’s brother was being held in. They turned down a corridor and skidded to a stop.
“It’s here,” Joey said.
“Be careful, I sense traps around here,” Wynter said.
“I was expecting that,” Joey said. He slowly put his hand on the door handle and was shocked.
“Electrified door,” he said.
He pulled some rubber out of the backpack that he had on his pack. Placing it on the door handle, it grounded it out long enough for him to turn it. He dropped the rubber and cautiously walked inside. In front of them was a complicated grid of lasers. It resembled a spider web. Joey sighed. He had to do something like this in high school with ropes. He looked beyond the lasers and saw his brother and sister tied up and appeared unconscious.
“There’s a gap down there that we could go through,” Serena pointed out.
Indeed, there at the bottom of the complicated web of lasers was a small gap big enough for someone to slide under if they were lying down. Joey nodded and pulled his backpack off. He pushed it under the lasers, being careful not to touch them. Then lying down on his back, he proceeded to slide under them. He wiggled his way under them; always watching to make sure that he didn’t touch the lasers. Once he got all the way under them, he grabbed his backpack and ran over to the two children. (A/N: grumbles I don’t know what else to call Mokie and Serenity…)
“Serenity, Mokuba!” Joey exclaimed.
The two kids were unconscious, more than likely the result of some kind of sedative. Serena and Wynter joined him after a moment. Serena checked their pulses while Joey and Wynter set to work on the restraints.
“Is there any way to disable that thing?” Joey asked as he looked over to the web of lasers.
“Not that I can tell. It must be controlled from outside of here,” Wynter replied.
“Great, so we’re going to have to pull them under,” he replied.
“Pretty much,” Serena replied.
“Can you take Mokuba? I’ll grab Serenity,” he asked.
“Please, this little thing? I’ve carried dog food bags that are heavier than him,” Wynter said.
“Just grab him and let’s go. I want to get out of here before we get caught,” Joey said as he grabbed Serenity. He unceremoniously dropped her over his shoulder and walked over to the web. After studying it for a moment, he nodded.
“I’m going to go under first, and then I want you to help me slide them under,” he said.
“Sure,” Serena said.
Joey scrambled under like before and then told Wynter to start pushing Serenity under. He grabbed Serenity’s feet and pulled her under. Just as they had her almost all the way under it, she started to move. The two froze as she opened her eyes. Blue eyes stared into Wynter’s eyes in surprise.
“Who are you?” she asked.
“Serenity?” Joey asked.
“I suppose you could say that,” she replied.
“You are not Serenity,” Wynter said as she narrowed her eyes at the girl.
“No, I’m not,” she said, “I’m her Yami, Rebecca.” (A/N: Sorry! It was either her or Vivian and I’d rather put up with Rebecca, at least she knows when she’s been beaten.)
“Well Rebecca, for the sake of Serenity’s life, could you do us a favor?” Wynter asked.
“Sure,” she replied.
“Don’t. Move.”
“Okay, why?” she asked.
“Look up,” Wynter replied.
Rebecca looked up and noticed the lasers not that far from her nose, “Oh, good reason.”
“Yeah, so if you don’t mind,” Wynter said as she nodded to Joey who finished pulling her through the lasers.
Rebecca stood up and stretched, “Boy am I thankful to be out of that.”
“I’m Joey, by the way, Serenity’s brother,” Joey said as he extended his hand to her.
“I know, Serenity’s told me all about you. Be careful with him!” She said as she turned to Wynter, who was hauling Mokuba over to the lasers.
“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine,” Wynter replied.
“Be thankful that it was me that woke up instead of him,” she said.
“Why?”
“He moves when he’s scared,” she said.
“Oh brother,” Joey said as he smacked his forehead. He looked up at the ceiling, “I hope Yugi and Atem are okay…”
Sign up to rate and review this story