Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

New Beginning

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 980 words - Complete

-1OOC
Alive

Beginning

“Yugi?”
A deep baritone voice filtered through his mind.
“Come on, habibi, wake up.”
Yugi groaned and opened his eyes a little. The room slowly came into focus. He was lying on a couch with Atem sitting next to him. He looked around and noticed that they were back in Kaiba’s office. He looked back at Atem as the events of the previous night flashed through his mind. He sprang up suddenly, concern in his eyes.
“Atem, are you okay?” he asked worriedly.
“I’m fine, koi,” Atem said chuckling.
“But how? You were bleeding and I thought you were going to die and…” Yugi said.
“I’m fine, Yugi,” Atem said a little more sternly, “It appears that your magic healed me.”
“My magic?”
“Yep. When your magic took control and you defeated Dartz, it appeared to have healed me at the same time,” Atem replied.
“Oh Atem,” Yugi sighed as he threw his arms around his darks neck and hugged him; tears flowed freely down his face. Atem wrapped his arms around Yugi’s waist as he drew him into a soft kiss. They drew back and Atem buried his face into Yugi’s hair as he murmured: “It’s alright, it’s over.”
A slight cough at the door alerted them to the fact that someone was at the door. They looked over and Serena stood there smiling at them.
“Hey, I just came to check up on you two,” she said.
“Hey Serena,” Yugi said.
“Glad to see you awake,” she said to him. She walked over to a chair and sat down.
“Thanks,” he said.
“It’s finally over. Dartz is gone and Kaiba’s already sifting through the information that Bakura and Ryou copied. He said he’s going to release a statement about how Dartz manipulated the government to get what he wanted. By the end of tomorrow all of the Hikari’s in Japan should be freed. By the end of the week, Hikari’s all over the world should be free from the “Organization’s” rule,” she said.
“Good,” Atem said.
“Where is everyone?” Yugi asked.
“They’re all sleeping. All except for us three,” she replied.
“Oh. They deserve it. After everything that’s happened, they deserve to rest,” Yugi said.
“Speaking of deserving things, I’m to pass on a message. Kaiba wants to show his thanks so he’s going to let you use his private jet to go anywhere you want,” she said.
“Egypt.” Yugi said without hesitating, “Egypt.”

24 hours later, Cairo, Egypt
Yugi stood on a balcony overlooking the Nile River. He sighed as he waited for Atem to get out of the shower.
“Habibi?”
“Out here, Atem,” he called.
Atem walked out onto the balcony and wrapped his arms around Yugi’s waist.
“Hello, love,” he purred.
“Hi,” Yugi whispered as he leaned back into Atem’s arms.
“I missed you,” he said as he nuzzled his neck.
“You were just in the shower,” Yugi said as he resisted the urge to moan at Atem’s touch.
“I still missed you,” Atem replied.
Yugi turned in his arms and smiled up at him, “I missed you too, koi. Where do you think Serena and Wynter went?"
"I don't know. She did say they were going to travel around," Atem replied.
Flashback
"Egypt huh? That's a good idea," Serena said as she stood up.
"What about you? What are you going to do?" Yugi asked
"Me? Well, Wynter and I agreed that we were going to travel the world for a while. I've always
wanted to go to England and France," she said thoughfully.
"That sounds amazing. I hope you have fun," he replied.
"Oh, we will. We will," she said.

End Flashback
"I hope things go good for them," Yugi said.
"I'm sure it will, aibou," Atem said.
"Yeah," Yugi sighed.
“Are you sure you want this?” Atem asked suddenly. The smile that graced his lips disappearing quickly.
“Want what?” Yugi asked confused.
“This. Us. I mean you were stuck with me in your head almost all of your life,” he said, “Surely you would want…”
Yugi quickly placed a finger on Atem’s lips, quieting him, “What I want is to be here with you. I love you, Atem and there’s no where I’d rather be than here. With you, in your arms like this. What about you?”
“What about me?” Atem asked.
“Well, you did just say that you were stuck in my mind for most of my life. Don’t you want to explore the world a little? Possibly date around before you settle down?” Yug asked as he looked down at Atem’s chest; his hair falling over his eyes.
Atem’s eyes widened before he chuckled. He place a finger under Yugi’s chin and guided his face back up, “Oh, koi. You are my world. There is no one else I want. You are my everything. My light and my love. Without you I wouldn’t exist, literally. I can’t imagine being with anyone else. As for exploring the world, I can do that just as easily with you by my side.”
Yugi broke out into a smile as he leaned up to kiss Atem. After a moment the pulled away and sat down on one of the many lounge chairs that littered the balcony.
“Tomorrow’s a new beginning for us,” Atem said, “But with you at my side, it will be a perfect new beginning.”
“And I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Yugi said.
“I love you,” Atem whispered.
“I love you too, my Yami,” Yugi replied.
The two look-a-likes sighed in contentment as they watched the sun fall down below the horizon. It was the perfect ending to the first day of their new lives together.

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story