Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Sanity

Thoughts

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

Somethings wrong. The group splits up and fears are shared while the next target appears. YxA NOT Anzu!

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-04 - 1714 words

-1OOC
Sanity

Thoughts

Yugi sighed as he stepped out of the limo. They had been driven to their apartment by one of Kaiba’s limos and he was just ready to sleep. Jet lag had settled in when they were in Kaiba’s office talking about what had happened and it had taken all of his strength not to fall asleep. First, however, before he went to sleep, he wanted to talk to Atem. The news about the Hikari’s had upset him greatly and he just wanted to talk about it. He followed behind Atem in silence as the other unlocked the door. They walked in and Yugi sagged down onto the couch in the living room. Atem gently sat down next to him and pulled Yugi closer. He rested his head on top of Yugi’s and the two sat in silence for a moment.
“Atem…”
“I know, Yugi. I’m scared too,” Atem whispered.
“Why is this happening to us? We were finally free, and now this,” Yugi murmured.
“I know, hikari, I know,” Atem replied.
“I’m beginning to hate that word,” Yugi said.
“Come now, it’s not that bad,” he said.
“Yes it is! It’s brought nothing but pain and misfortune to everyone! Being a hikari has hurt everyone we care about,” he replied.
Atem turned until he was facing Yugi completely. He took his hands in his own and squeezed them gently. Yugi looked up at him through watery eyes.
“Yugi,” he said sternly, “Being a hikari is not a bad thing. Being what we are has never been a bad thing. The only reason why being one has given us a bad name is because of the fact that others are jealous. They are jealous because they don’t get to experience the joys of having a companion with you practically for the rest of your life. I know you don’t hate what you are.”
Yugi looked down and then back up at Atem and smiled, “You’re right, I don’t hate myself. I can’t, not after everything we’ve been through. But then again, we aren’t exactly normal Hikari and Yami, now are we?”
Atem chuckled and nodded. He disentangled one of his hands from Yugi’s and held it up, a shadow ball forming on his palm, “You’re right, we’re not.”
Yugi watched Atem’s hand for a moment before lifting his own and a small ball of light formed on his own palm. He brought his hand up next to Atem’s and watched as the two powers mixed together, creating a swirling ball of black and white. The two moved their hands away, the ball of power remaining stationary.
“It’s funny, our powers are the exact opposite of each other and yet thrive best when mixed together,” Yugi said.
“Just like us,” Atem said as he lifted the two hands that were still connected. Bronze and marble skin colors contrasted strikingly against each other, but seemed to flow so beautifully together. They watched as the swirling ball of power that they had created floated over their hands and pulled apart. Expecting their powers to return to where they came from, the two were surprised when the opposite power flowed into their still connected arms. Yugi felt the safe, coolness of the shadows settle over his fears and calmed them. He closed his eyes as he felt the shadows settle within him. His body relaxed considerably and he sighed. Atem heard the sigh and smiled. He had closed his eyes the moment he felt Yugi’s power flow through him. He felt the gentle warmth that was unique to Yugi’s power seep into every pour in his body. He was slightly surprised that for such a small amount of power that they had put into the ball, a lot seemed to be flowing through him. He felt his body relax under the gentle coaxing of Yugi’s power and he smiled again. Without opening his eyes, he pulled Yugi to him in a gentle embrace, capturing the others lips with his own. The kiss was short and sweet, but it said everything that needed to be said. Atem broke the kiss and opened his eyes to gaze down at his young counterpart.
“Come on, let’s go to bed. That jet lag is starting to catch up with me.”
Yugi nodded and allowed Atem to pull him through the apartment to their bedroom. The two look-a-likes lay down on the bed, their arms wrapped around each other as they drifted to sleep. The shadows in the room darkened as the sunlight fell away, allowing the two to get the much needed rest that they deserved, even if it was but a short one.

Ryou and Bakura’s apartment
Bakura unlocked the door to their apartment and the two stepped inside. He took a deep breath and set the keys down on the kitchen table. Ryou went to walk by him, to go to the fridge, but a strong pair of arms wrapped around his waist.
“Bakura?”
“Just… just let me hold you,” Bakura whispered into his neck.
Ryou turned in Bakura’s arms and wrapped his own around his neck. He threaded his hands into Bakura’s hair and sighed.
“I’m scared, Kura,” he murmured.
“I know, hikari,” Bakura replied, “But I promise, nothing will happen to you.”
“I don’t want to lose you,”
“You won’t. I won’t allow it,” he growled softly.
“I love you,” Ryou whispered.
“Me too,”
“Say it,” he said.
“Huh?” Bakura asked as he pulled back to look into Ryou’s eyes.
“Please say it, Bakura,” Ryou pleaded as he stared up at him, “I want to hear you say it just once.”
Bakura stared into Ryou’s eyes for a moment, searching for something before he said, “I love you too, Ryou. I always will.”
Ryou smiled, “Thank you,” he whispered as he leaned up to kiss him.
Bakura closed his eyes and the two met in a gentle but rough kiss. It could only be described as a kiss that Bakura would give, because it was loving but at the same time, it was rough. Ryou slowly got light headed under the ministrations of his yami. Bakura broke the kiss and started to attack Ryou’s neck, showering it with kisses and licks.
“Bakura…” Ryou groaned.
“Let’s take this elsewhere,” he replied.
He led his lighter counterpart through the house and to the bedroom where he proceeded to show him just how much he loved him.

Kaiba Corps
“Look, I want to know who did this and I want to know yesterday!” Kaiba said. He slammed the phone back down on the hook and scowled.
He pressed a button on his phone, “Marcia, cancel all of my appointments for today. I’m going to be busy. Let no one through except for the names I gave you.”
“Yes, sir, Mr. Kaiba,” Marcia replied.
Kaiba got up from his chair and walked out of his office. He was so lost in thought that he almost walked by the room where he was intending to go. He shook his head and opened the door. Inside were several computer consoles, along with a dozen projection screens. Six people either stood or sat in various parts of the room. They all stood when Kaiba walked in.
“Report.”
“We’ve gotten much further, Mr. Kaiba,” a women with blonde hair said.
“We’ve mapped the disappearances,” another person, a guy with brown hair, said. He held up a remote and pressed a button. The screen right in front of them lit up and about 50 dots flashed on the screen in a pattern much like that of a seismograph. (A/N: A seismograph measures the intensity of earthquakes.)
“The dots on the right are the ones that were taken first, and from there it progresses to the ones that were taken a few days ago,” the blonde haired women said, “We think we’ve found a pattern.”
“Can you predict where they’re going to hit next?” he asked as he studied the image.
“We think we can,” she replied.
“Think?”
“Well, we’ve got the house narrowed down, but we can’t give an exact time of when they might hit,” she replied. She held up another remote and pressed a different button. The image on the screen switched to show a satellite image of a plain white house. There was a two car garage attached to it and a white fence circled the perimeter.
“Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Wade,” the guy with brown hair said, “Middle age, Yami and Hikari, she’s the hikari, 2 kids, adopted, a boy, 5 and a girl 7. They just got married a week ago, moved into the house and he works at a law firm in the city. She splits her time between taking care of the kids and a salon down the street. On the outside, they look like a respectable family. Hardly anyone knows that she used to be a hikari. They moved here from England.”
“And you know for sure that they’re targeted next,” Kaiba asked as he studied the screen, which now showed profile pictures of the family.
“Yes, we’re a hundred percent sure that they are next in line,” she replied, “But like we said, we don’t know when.”
“We’ll make them come to us,” Kaiba said as he turned around to her, “I want 12 copies of each of the photo’s and a basic background on my desk tomorrow morning.”
“Yes sir,” she said.
He turned and left the room. His mind was already forming a plan to get whoever it was that was kidnapping all of the hikari’s. He took a small detour into a different room and quietly opened the door. Inside on a bed laid two boys, a black haired boy and a light blue almost green haired boy. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to the black haired boy. Running his hand through each of the boys’ hair, he sighed.
“I promise, nothing will take you away from me again, Mokuba, Noah,” he whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story