Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Sanity

Oceans

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The two travel to off the coast of Ireland. What next will they go through? YxA NOT Anzu!

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-04 - 3020 words

-1OOC
Sanity

Oceans

The elevator door opened and Yugi and Yami walked out and into Kaiba’s office. The others were already there, waiting for them. Kaiba had been so courteous as to order breakfast for them. Yugi quickly darted over to the table filled with food and began to fill a plate full. Yami chuckled before joining him. The two grabbed their breakfast and sat down while they waited for Kaiba. He was currently on his way back from talking with his staff one last time about the whereabouts of Mr. and Mrs. Wade. (A/N: For once, he’s not on his laptop.) He sighed and thought bitterly; of course things have to be difficult. Grumbling softly to himself he entered his office and surveyed the group who were chattering softly. They stopped talking when they noticed that he had walked in and he walked over to his desk and grabbed the remote.
“I’ve got some good news and some bad news. The good news is we’ve figured out who the next hikari to be taken is,” he said.
He pressed a button on the remote and the overhead screen came down and the same map that his staff had shown him popped on the screen.
“This is a map of all of the hikari’s taken in the Osaka area. After we plotted the addresses of the missing hikari’s we noticed that they formed a line. Albeit a crooked line, but a line nonetheless. My staff worked hard, but they were able to determine the next targets,” he said.
He handed them the profiles that he had requested. Yugi and Atem set their food down and opened the folders to study the pictures.
“Mr. Alexander Wade and his wife Stephanie. Their two children, Josh, 5 and Jennifer, 7. Wait, if they were hikari and Yami, then how do they have children?” Serena asked.
“Adopted. They adopted the children a little over two weeks ago, and got married a week ago. Now that’s where the bad news comes in,” Kaiba said. He pressed another button and photos of what looked like a shipwreck flashed on the screen.
“This is the R.M.S. Carpathia,” he said.
“That’s the ship that rescued the survivors of the Titanic, right?” Bakura asked.
Kaiba nodded,” Yes, it is. The R.M.S. saved over 700 of the survivors of the Titanic. Later on its way from Liverpool to Boston it was sunk by the German U-boat U-47. It was found by the NUMA organization in the later months of 2000. As a wedding present to his wife, Alexander Wade hired a private crew to dive on the shipwreck, which is located off of Fastnet, Ireland. That’s the bad news. Meaning they could be taken at almost any time.”
“So, what are we going to do?” Atem asked as he sat back into the couch and put his arm around Yugi, who leaned into him. The smaller of the two sighed and rested his head on the older one’s shoulder, his eyes closed.
Kaiba pressed a button on the remote and the screen went back up. Everyone blinked for a few seconds at the intruding sunlight that poured in through the windows.
“I hope you two know how to swim,” he said to Yugi and Atem.
“Why?”
“Because you are going to do some deep sea diving,” he replied.


“Diving? You mean you’re sending us with them?” Yugi said.
Kaiba sat down at his desk and laced his fingers together, “In a way. You two are going to be a couple of diving experts assigned to the ship that they will be using. They won’t know who you really are, or why you’re there. To them, you’ll just be another part of the crew. You’re job will be to protect them at all cost, no matter what.”
Yugi and Atem shared a look and nodded, “Fine. When do we leave?”
“Tomorrow morning. The Wades won’t be there until the day after, but you’ll be leaving to reach the ship before them. No one knows why you are going to be there except for the captain and a couple of U.S. Navy Seals. The rest of the. crew and the Wades will be under the pretense that you are merely there to supervise the dives. Watch your backs and be careful. I don’t need you both dying on me.”
Yugi nodded and the two left. On his way out, he heard Atem whisper to him.
“Good thing Grandpa was so adamant on us learning how to dive.”
He couldn’t help but to nod in agreement.

The next day, Cork, Ireland.
Yugi and Atem walked into the airport. They quickly located their luggage and headed out to the waiting room. A man with grey hair and sea green eyes held up a sign that said Atenkaten. He had wrinkles everywhere and a deep tan that suggested that he saw more of the outdoors than the indoors.
“Captain Matthews?” Atem asked.
“You Atem and Yugi?” the Captain asked.
“Yes, that’s us,” Yugi said.
“Good. We’ve got about a 2 hour drive to get to the ship, so there’s no use sitting around here and gossiping like old ladies,” the Captain said.
The three of them left the airport and walked out to an old Ford Pickup. Yugi and Atem looked at each other and then back at the truck. Both sent a silent prayer up to the Gods, hoping that the truck wouldn’t fall apart before they got to the ship. Captain Matthews climbed into the driver’s seat and started the old truck. Yugi quickly climbed up into the truck and sat in the middle while they waited for Atem to get done putting their luggage into the back. He got in and the Captain drove out of the city into the Irish countryside.
“So, what’s this all about?” the Captain asked.
“Well, the two that hired your boat is under surveillance,” Atem said.
“Why, they do something wrong?” he asked.
“No, actually, they might be the next targets in a series of kidnapped people,” Yugi replied.
“Oh. And you’re going to try to prevent that?” he asked as he spit out the window.
“We’re going to try,” Atem said as he tried not to gag at the sight.
“Ever dived before?” he asked them.
“Yes, we learned when we were younger and have dived several times,” Yugi said. He had turned his face away from the Captain and was now staring out the passenger side window.
“Good. The last two that were here were crappy divers. I don’t need a couple of city folk coming and drowning because my dive specialists were too lax on the job,” he said.
“Don’t worry, Captain. That’s what we’re here for, to make sure they don’t,” Atem said.
“Good,” he said.
They stopped talking and the only noise that filled the cabin of the truck was a loud rumble that came from the old truck. Atem focused his gaze out the window and watched as the Irish countryside flew by them. Yugi tried to watch the countryside as well, but he slowly was becoming tired and eventually he rested his head on Atem’s shoulder and fell asleep. Atem looked at him, amusement showing in his eyes before he looked back out the window. He too slowly drifted off into dreamland as the loud rumbling of the truck lulled him to sleep. The Captain glanced at the two and shook his head, a smile ghosting his old lips.

2 hours later, On board the Lisa Marie.
Atem and Yugi were in their state room unpacking their clothes. They had arrived at the ship and were surprised at how beautiful she looked. Over 100 ft in length (30 meters) from bow to stern; she was pure white, with black writing etching out the words Lisa Marie. (A/N: Bow = front, Stern = back, Port = left, Starboard = right.) She had two cranes on her stern that were used to hoist submersibles into the water. A MIR submersible sat on her decks, to be used when they dived on the wreck. She was three decks tall, with the bridge sitting high up over the ship. She proudly waved an American flag that now sat idle since there wasn’t any wind at the moment. They climbed aboard the ship and were promised a tour of the ship after they were done packing. At the directions of the Captain, one of the crew members led them to their stateroom. They were in awe of the huge ship and were excited to be shown around. After quickly unpacking, they met with another crew member by the name of Tim who was directed to show them around. They started out at the top of the ship, where the bridge was located. The Captain nodded to them as he poured over some nautical maps, presumably where the shipwreck was located. Next they explored the open decks. They had a chance to see inside the submersible. The submersible was held four seats and was equipped with underwater cameras. There were mechanical arms attached to the front and there was a small ROV (A/N: Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicle) attached underneath. For the purpose of the dive, they would mostly be using the ROV once they were in the water. They would have dived on the wreck, but the Wades were inexperienced divers. Sure, they knew how to dive, but they didn’t know how to deep sea dive, Atem and Yugi weren’t going to take the chance.
They moved from the top decks to the first deck. Here, the Captains quarters, the galley, and the infirmary were located. They were shown into the galley, where they were warmly greeted by the cook. The cook was a rather muscular man, whom you could tell worked outside of the galley when needed. He asked them to call him Mac instead of his given name of Thomas. Next they were introduced to the ship’s doctor, a spry woman around the age of 50 named Laura. She told them that if they had any problems, even the smallest of cuts, to come and see her. The three left and made their way down to the second deck. Here the crew was quartered. Yugi and Atem had already seen this part of the ship, seeing as their rooms were here. The last deck that they saw held the engine room as well as two holds that were currently empty. What surprised the both of them was that there were two ballast tanks on the ship, one at the bow and one at the stern. (A/N: Ballast tanks help to keep something afloat, basically.) Tim explained that the reason why the ship had two ballast tanks was because if the ship ever hit something and was taking on water, the opposite ballast tank would adjust to keep the ship afloat either until they reached a port or until they had launched the lifeboats. The three made their way back up to the main deck, where the Captain was waiting for them.
“I hope you’ve enjoyed the tour?” he asked.
“Yes sir, we did,” Atem said.
“Son, don’t bother with that sir crap. Never been one, never gonna be one. Just call me Capt’n,” he said.
“Yes, Captain,” Atem replied with a grin.
“Good,” he replied.
“You know,” Yugi said as he tilted his head and looked up at the American flag that was now flying above their heads, “I was wondering why you didn’t sound Irish. Now I know.”
“Yep, everyone on board, save yourselves and Laura, was either born or lived in the United States. They’re the best crew I could ask for,” Captain said.
“Well, I hope we can live up to your expectations, Captain,” Atem replied.
Captain led them through the bridge and down to the galley, “You better. Now then, Mac has dinner ready, and I’m sure you’re starved. After you’re done eating, you can hit the sacks if you want. You’re going to have a long day ahead of you.”
“Thank you, Captain,” Atem said.
“Welcome to the Lisa Marie,” he replied as he walked away to go back to the bridge.
Tim smiled, “Well, ready to eat?”
“Famished,” Yugi replied as the three entered the galley.

Mac served them an elegant welcome dinner. He served shrimp bisque with toasted garlic bread, lobster tails served on a bed of rice, with a delicious chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce drizzled over top and Martin Ray Champagne. Yugi and Atem were in heaven and praised Mac every chance they got. It wasn’t often that they got to eat like that, and it was pure bliss for them. Mac informed them that they would eat this good every day that they were aboard the Lisa Marie. As they were eating, to men, a black haired with grey eyes and a light blonde haired with brown eyes approached their table.
“Hi, welcome aboard,” the black haired guy said.
“Thank you,” Atem said.
“My name is Dirk,” the black haired guy said, “and his name is Austin. We’re going to be diving with you when the Wades get here. We’re here to help you in any way that we can.”
Immediately catching on, Atem nodded, “Thanks. We’d like to go over some plans with you later, if that’s okay.”
“Sure, that’s fine,” Dirk said.
“We’re going to be retiring to our room later, if you want to stop by then,” Yugi suggested.
“That’ll be fine. We’ll see you later then,” Austin said.
The two left and Atem, Yugi and Tim finished their meals. Bidding the crew goodnight, the two of them retreated to their room. A few minutes later, a knock sounded at their door.
“Come in!”
“It’s just us,” Dirk said as he came in.
“Okay,” Yugi replied, “Atem’s in the bathroom, he should be out in a few minutes.”
Dirk nodded and the three of them sat down on in the living room part of their room to wait for Atem, who came out a few minutes later.
“Hey,” he said as he joined Yugi on the sofa.
“Hey,” they replied.
“So I take it, you two are the Seals that Kaiba mentioned?” Yugi asked.
“You’re boss has some pull, I must say,” Dirk said with a shake of his head, “How he managed to secure the two of us is beyond me. We were on a mission when we got a call from our commanding officer that we were going to be reassigned for a few days.”
“He’s not our boss,” Atem said, “It’s more like, we owe him, so we’re doing odd jobs for him.”
“Odd is right,” Austin said, “So what’s so special about this couple?”
“Well, you know about the Hikari’s right?” Atem asked.
The two men nodded.
“Well, someone has been kidnapping them in Japan. The Wades are the next in line to be kidnapped,” he said.
“And you’re hoping to prevent that?” Austin asked.
“We’re hoping to prevent it and to find out who’s behind it all,” Yugi said.
Dirk nodded, “Well, we’re here to help you in any way. We’re not the only Seals aboard the ship, just so you know.”
“There are others?” Yugi asked.
“Yes, but you won’t know who they are unless it’s necessary,” he replied.
Atem nodded, “Alright, thanks for everything.”
“You’re welcome. We’ll let you get to sleep. We know you’ve had a long day.”
The two nodded and they all said their goodbyes. Yugi and Atem got ready for bed. They changed and brushed their teeth. After locking the door and turning off the lights, the two crawled into bed. With a soft kiss goodnight, they fell into a gentle slumber, their arms wrapped around each other.


The next afternoon,
The Wades arrived just when they said they were going to arrive. Yugi and Atem stood out on deck with Dirk and Austin. Captain walked up onto the ship with the Wades behind him. Alexander Wade was a man in his late 40’s. He had red hair that was already slightly graying with light blue eyes. He was muscular and held himself with confidence. Stephanie Wade was a petite woman, who had brown hair and brown eyes. She could hold her own more than she looked. Captain introduced them to Atem and Yugi and explained their role to the couple.
“We’re glad to be of service,” Atem said.
“It’s so good to finally be here,” Stephanie said, “We’ve been planning this even before the “Organization” went down.”
“Well, we’re glad to make your dream come true,” Yugi said with a smile.
“Thank you,” she said.
“We’re going to be in the submersible with you, when we dive. The two men behind me will be in diving suits and will be going down with us in case anything goes wrong with the submersible,” Atem explained.
“Why can’t we dive?” Alexander asked.
“Well, to be quite frank, sir, you and your wife may have experience diving, but you haven’t experienced deep sea diving. Since this is the first time, we are playing it safe, and using the submersible so that way nothing happens to you,” Atem said.
Alexander nodded, “Honesty, I like that. You’re the experts, so we’ll do what you say.”
“Thank you.”
“You must be tired. We’ll dive first thing in the morning. Right now, there’s a nice warm meal waiting in the galley, and then you’ll be shown to your rooms,” Yugi said with a smile.
“Alright, thank you,” Alexander said as he wrapped an arm around Stephanie.
“You’re welcome, and welcome to the Lisa Marie.”
Sign up to rate and review this story