Categories > TV > Smallville > Dragonfly Wishes and Butterfly Kisses

Dragonfly Wishes and Butterfly Kisses

by Scorch 0 reviews

Donations come in all forms.

Category: Smallville - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-09-07 - Updated: 2010-09-07 - 2460 words

1Insightful
Title: Dragonfly Wishes and Butterfly Kisses
Author: Sunscorched
Rating: R for language used in some chapters.
Category: AU
Pairing: Chloe/Oliver
Summary: Donations come in all forms.
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Distribution: Chlollie on LJ, FF.net, and whever else I choose to post it!
Notes: I came up with the idea over sausages and I may be writing it, but a lot of folk have helped. Al, Strom, Gen, and Solo to name but a few. You know who you are :-D

"You want us to what?" Oliver Queen asked once he wiped his mouth of coughed up beer.

"Come on, guys," Bart Allen pleaded, hands expression sheer desperation. "Three hundred bucks for two minutes of monkey spanking? It's easy money."

Arthur Curry's eyebrows touched his hairline as he shared a look with Oliver. "Two minutes?"

The younger man's face reddened somewhat and he tried to save some dignity. "Did I say two? I meant ten..."

"Sure you did," Oliver took a drink to hide his smirk. "But seriously, dude. Sperm donating?"

"Part-time jobs take time," Bart paused for effect. "Time that I don't have, cos of classes an all..." Yeah, he thought, play on the struggling student. That oughta do it.

His buddies both rolled their eyes. "You have enough time to come out for beer," Arthur pointed out.

"Especially when someone else is paying," Oliver joined in. Not that he minded shouting his guys to a few beers. He had money and they didn't, and it was as simple as that.

"If I got three hundred bucks, I could shout you both," Bart nodded and turned to the one most likely to cave first. "A.C, three hundred could buy you that surfboard you've been after and you'd have money left over to sponsor a whale."

Arthur paused. That board was pretty sweet and he could use an extra bit of cash...

"Don't do it, man!" Oliver's eyes widened as he realised A.C was about start thinking of the money. "Seriously, dude, block your ears. It's sperm donating."

"Three hundred bucks..." Bart cajoled. "Surfboard with the naked chicks... Three hundred bucks... Surfboard with the naked chicks..."

"You'd be shooting your jizz into a cup for that three hundred bucks and a surfboard with..." Ollie thought about it for a moment. "Naked chicks? Why the hell would you want to buy a surfboard with naked chicks? You see em for free on the beach."

All three stopped as the image of the nudey beach ten minutes outside of Star City.

Arthur was the first to respond. "I raise my bottle to that."

Oliver shook his head to free it from naked chicks. "Here, here," and clinked beer bottles with his buddy. "Speaking of naked chicks... Shoulda seen the piece of ass in Rockshots last night."

"Sweet?" Bart asked while thinking of ways to manipulate.

"Shakin, dude, shakin," he replied and made a triangle with his fingers.

Arthur nodded. "Nice. Get her name?"

Oliver smirked. "I got her home."

Figuring this was a tactic designed to throw him off, the younger of the three spoke up. "Guys, please! Spare a thought for the dude with no job or money or naked chicks with a shakin piece of ass."

His buddies sighed, knowing that no matter what they did or said, Bart was not gonna let this go without a fight. Plus, the little dude did have a point.

Poor guy was working his ass off to keep his scholorship at school, which was admirable considering his family background. Oliver would have offered, but Bart would think it was charity. A few beers and dinners or take-out wasn't exactly the same thing as shelling out tuition fees and book prices.

"I could get you a Saturday job at the aquarium," Arthur offered. "It wouldn't be much, but it'd still be something."

Despite what he was trying to pull, Bart shot his pal a look of gratitude. "Thanks, dude," and both displayed brotherhood with a secret handshake. "But I kinda need the cash now."

Oliver couldn't help himself. "You just want free porno mags."

"Yeah, cos I really need help in getting off." Hell, he was a freaking pro at jacking off.

"Dude," Arthur put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "You need all the help you can get."

Oliver carefully studied the younger man. "Still not had sex yet, huh?"

"Look at me, man!" Bart half yelled. "I'm a twenty-three year old who looks ten. I still get I.D'd!"

Arthur and Ollie had to laugh because it was the truth. Bart Allen did look like a little kid and most of the chicks they all knew loved him to pieces. They would flock around him, coo and aww over the 'cute one,' but when it came to romance? He lucked out.

"You'll grow up one day, Bart," Oliver sniggered at the death glare that came his way. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to give the guy a break and be a buddy. "So, this donating thing..."

Bart inwardly grinned. Oh yeah, they were so wrapped around his pinkie. They just needed that little extra push... He sighed and looked at the tabletop. "Think I'll ever grow up enough to lose it?"

"Still?" Arthur asked, wide eyed. Yeah, he knew the little dude never had a girlfriend, but to be a virgin at 23? That was harsh.

His buddy nodded and looked up, "All they wanna do is tuck me into bed and bring me milk and cookies."

Oliver winced, "Vicki said that, didn't she?"

"And Connie," Bart sighed. "Maggie said she wanted to put me in her back pocket."

This time it was Arthur who winced. "Dude, that's..."

"I know, man. I know."

Oliver sighed. "This calls for another round. Fellas?"

Arthur peered at his half empty bottle. "You get the beers, I'll get the Nachos?"

Bart only managed to contain the excited hell yeah purely because this was his chance. He knew Ollie and Arthur felt sorry for his situation, both family wise and lady wise, and he knew they talked about it often and how they could help without him knowing. If they went to the bar together, they'd talk themselves into it, and he wouldn't have to do a thing.

"I'll get em," he offered and stood.

"No, dude," Ollie said and pushed his buddy back down. "Beer's mine, A.C?"

Arthur downed the rest of his beer before rising. "Just giving him a hand."

Bart nodded his thanks and watched his pals head towards the bar, all the while doing a dance of joy in his head.

"Three hundred bucks here I come!"

XOXOXO

"What?" Chloe Sullivan asked when she got no response from either her father or her cousin.

Lois Lane quietly placed her fork on her plate and seriously stared at her cousin, while Gabe Sullivan was quite happy to keep quiet while his neice did the questioning.

"What?" Lois asked in a loud voice that drew attention from some of the other diners.

"Do you mind?" Chloe hissed. "People are looking!"

"They have a right to look!" Lois half snapped. "You're insane, Chlo!"

"No, I'm not. The tests proved it." Seeing her sarcasm was not appreciated, Chloe sighed. "Look, we all know that I can't stand to date..."

"Yeah, yeah," Lois rolled her eyes. "Why is that? I mean, you always say that you can't stand to date, but you never say why, so... Why is it you can't stand to date?"

"Because..."

"Because what, Chlo? One bad experience in high school and you're forever burned?"

"No, Lois! Because men are so... so..."

Gabe arched a single eyebrow. "So what, Chloe?"

Everything she ever felt about men came bubbling out and she couldn't stop it. "Clingy! They're clingy and needy and attention seeking."

"And babies just pop out, fully grown and ready to start college?"

Chloe glared at her cousin, but didn't get a chance to respond as her dad spoke up. "Clingy?"

She waved it away. "You know what I mean!"

It was rare he got to turn the tables on his smart daughter, so whenever the opportunity arose, he took advantage of it. "No, I really don't. Why don't you explain it to me."

Chloe looked at the equally expectant looks on the faces of her dad and cousin. "You know... Clingy! You know I take a notebook everywhere I go in case I get a good line or a plotline and they don't seem to get the fact that my brain isn't a hard drive. I can't just click save and open it again later. It's not my fault if I have to write when I'm on a date."

"You work on a date?" Lois quizzed. "You seriously take out a notebook and write? On a restaurant table, in the middle of a date?"

"Did you not hear me when I said my brain is not a hard drive?"

"I heard you, I just can't believe you work on a date."

"What else do you expect?" Chloe snapped, eyes flashing with rising anger. "It's okay for you. You can take time off from your job, I can't. Being a writer is a 24/7 job, Lois. I can't just push it aside or turn my head off for a few hours."

Seeing an argument about to start, Gabe stepped in with a logic that even his daughter couldn't deny. "If being a writer is a 24/7 job, then what will happen when your baby needs to be fed and changed or looked after?"

When she heard her father, she was ready to defend herself again, but he had a good point. "It'll be hard, daddy," she said. "I'm not denying that, but a baby will be at home with me while I work and when I take it for walks, it won't complain if I take a couple of notes."

"Take it for walks," Lois was amazed at how calm she sounded. "It's not a damn dog!" Okay, so calm wasn't what she felt.

"That isn't what I meant and you know it." Anger at her cousin's outrage was really beginning to get on her nerves. Chloe looked at Lois, really looked, and asked one simple question. "What's honestly bothering you about this, Lois? I mean, it's my decision and I've thought about it for a while now, but it seems to be having a profound effect on you."

"What's honestly bothering me is the fact that my neice or nephew could be born in a freaking test tube is what. Why can't you go out, get a guy drunk, and do it the normal way?"

"You're embarrassed?" Chloe seethed. "It'll be my baby and you're embarrassed by how it's conceived?" She didn't give her cousin the courtesy of replying. "As for your so-called normal way. You want me to go out and have sex with a guy who could have any STD just so I can have a baby?"

Lois went to reply, but again was cut off. "What if I caught something that made me infertile? Or something that could affect the baby? Besides, what kinda guy would have unprotected sex? Other than a one that doesn't care, of course, and if he does care, then drama might unfold and you know how I feel about drama."

Great for a story, but not great for real life.

Gabe sat back in his chair and listened as the conversation went back and forth. He knew his daughter and from the looks of things, she'd given a lot of thought to this. When he heard his neice raise her voice a little more, he intervened. "Chloe, I know you don't like dating, but what if you found a nice man and talked to him about your work. He might understand."

Thankful he'd interrupted before she tore her cousin to pieces, Chloe gave him a smile of gratitude. "I did, daddy, and you remember Kyle? He was a nice, sweet, decent guy who understood... For all of five months before deciding I spent too much time on my laptop at a weekend."

Gabe had to think for a moment before he remembered who she was on about and when he did, he only just managed to keep from cringing. Sure, the guy was decent enough, but he had a Colgate smile and over-gelled hair.

Thank heaven his daughter had the good sense to not release a spawn of that on the Earth.

Sick of them both, Chloe decided that this baby was going to happen and it was going to happen her way. After all, it was her body and she had a say in what did or didn't happen to it. "Daddy, Lois? I'm doing this whatever you two think about it. I've spoke to the people I need too and all I needed is to not be judged for once in my life."

At this, Lois folded her arms and looked away, an expression of deep thought on her face. Gabe always knew that when his little girl truly wanted something, she went about it the same way she did a plot. She covered all the basics, researched, thought, double thought, and triple thought before weighing the pros and cons.

Still, he had to defend both himself and his neice. "We're not judging you, sweetheart," Gabe said honestly. "We're just trying to offer some different options, but if this is what you want, then I'll stand by your decision. We both will."

Chloe looked to her cousin. "Lois?"

Lois blew out a sigh as she turned to face her favourite cousin. "I don't agree with how you're going about it, but I've got your back."

"I know it's a little out there, Lo, but thank you."

"So..." Lois broached what had to be the most important bit of having a baby. "You have any names?" She asked and found herself smacked in the face by a rolled up napkin. Her cousin was such a pain.

"Let's see if it works first," Chloe said through a laugh. "But for a girl, I was thinking..."

"Lois?!"

Chloe rolled her eyes at her cousin's predictable response. "I was thinking of Ellie or Molly for a girl and Joey or Jonas for a boy."

Lois paused for a moment. "You could have Lewis as a middle name."

"You mean like Jonas Lewis?" Chloe asked with a mental smirk. She knew her cousin was going to do this. "Or Joey Lewis?"

Her cousin paused again. "Never mind," Lois replied after realising what those names sounded like. No neice or nephew of hers was gonna share a name with a boxer.

Chloe smiled as she thought that this time next week, she could be pregnant.
Sign up to rate and review this story