Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > A Choice of Stories.

Dream On, Was it a Dream?

by chem_x 1 review

Based on Inception. Please Rate and Review.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2010-09-20 - Updated: 2010-09-20 - 559 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stood idly in the room; it was like any other hotel room; neat bed, lamp on side table, the works. But this hotel was different; it didn’t exist in the real world.
Allow me to clear things up before I tell you my story, I am Jennifer Cobb. I’ve been trained in a way no other human has been. I work in dreams, literally, in dreams.
In dreams there can be levels, usually only one level is used and anymore than that is dangerous… Unless you’re a professional, like I am.
As I was in that hotel, I had bypassed all the levels and had gotten stuck in limbo again. Limbo was the state that was deepest in the sub-conscious; it’s almost like a prison. It feels like reality, all of it does, but its not.
I flipped a coin, heads I go home, tails I stay for another while. I was in no rush, the coin I had was my totem. It helped me tell if I was dreaming or not, only I was allowed to hold it or it wouldn’t work, it was meant to be like a secret symbol.
Heads, I go home. But I knew I would one day be back, I always got to go back, it was my job to free people who got trapped in their.
I climbed onto the windowsill, there was no wind in limbo, but I could imagine it. All in all, that is what limbo is, your mind.
I pushed myself out, I was on floor twenty-two, I could feel my hair pulling towards my face quickly; it was like someone slapping leather at you repeatedly.

“Welcome to reality.”
“Good morning.” Tomo smiled, pulling me up from the chair, he was my designer, he designed the dreams that we went into, he was skilled at it, he was the best they’re ever was.
“How long was I under?” I smiled, looking around ravenously for something to eat, usually I got linked to the limbo person at home but this occasion had led me to the beautiful shores of Australia, I lived in Ireland originally.
“A few hours actually.” Tomo muttered, sounding surprised.
“Really? It felt quicker.” I asked, looking around for a clock.
“You’re getting too used to limbo Jen.” He scolded, shaking his head.
“It’s my job to go through the levels, leave a few kicks around myself, just in case! You know the risks; it’s my duty to save those people from themselves!”
“Next time I’m going with you.”
I shook my head, “You’re only going in when I need designs Tomo.”
“Whatever…”
“What are we doing today?”
“Tonight,” He corrected, “We’re meeting up with some old friends of mine for dinner and a job interview.”

“I don’t see why you had to bring a gun.” Tomo muttered, fixing his blue bow-tie.
I patted down my dress, making sure my gun on my inner tie was hidden from the slit down the skirt, Tomo and I usually wore matching outfits, that night it was blue and black.
“Protection Tomo, protection.”

“Who’s he?” I gulped, at our table was a young man, he had a blonde Mohawk and a white suit with a yellow flower in the pocket, he was beyond beautiful.
Sign up to rate and review this story