Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > A Choice of Stories.

Dance or Die

by chem_x 1 review

Please Rate and Review.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-09-20 - Updated: 2010-09-20 - 952 words - Complete

1Ambiance
“DANCE LESSONS?!” I don’t need bloody dance lessons!” Jared yelled, thrusting his arms out dramatically.
April pouted and crossed her arms, “You have two left feet Jared, and I will not have that at my wedding.”
“Our wedding.” He corrected stubbornly.
April raised her eyebrow, “I don’t see you arranging anything Jared.”
“I’m working.” He hissed, “I’m always working! You knew what was going to happen! I told you I would be working!”
April slammed her hands down on the countertop of her kitchen, “I didn’t realise it meant I would have to be home constantly waiting for you to get back.”
“I’m not forcing you to stay in!” He shouted down at her.
She stormed towards the closet, swiping her jacket like an angry dog with a piece of meat, “Fine, I’m leaving.”

“One- two- three- two- two- three…” Margret muttered, dancing blindly. Her eyes were huge because of her thick rim glasses that hung at her nose. She was petite and old, wearing wedged heels with a pink knit cardigan and a long navy skirt.
Jared was watching her feet inventively, trying to lead her like she kept saying to him, “Lead dear!”, “Dear, you’re not leading,” and “Jared, why am I leading?” were her favourite phrases to use with Jared, he wasn’t easy to teach. When his fiancé said he couldn’t dance Maggie assumed that meant that he couldn’t get in time with the music. It was more like teaching a child how to waltz.
“Maggie, who’s she?” Jared asked casually, using his head to point the way.
Maggie pushed back her glasses and squinted, “Oh that’s Lola.”
“Really?” Jared raised his eyebrow; the girl didn’t look like a Lola.
“Yep, she was an expensive little thing.”
Jared raised his eyebrows at her, “Right…”

As Jared pulled his shiny black shoes off, Lola took the dance floor with her partner, he looked like he was being forced by his wife to learn how to dance as well but he was making much more progress. “One- Two- One- Two- Twist- Spin- One- Two.” Jared could hear Lola saying sharply, she looked like she was getting bored of being lead by the balding man.
Jared cleared his throat loudly; the man tilted Lola back and got a look at him. Lola spotted Jared, her cheeks went instantly pink, but she was glaring at him. That wasn’t the usual response Jared got, usually his fans were all over him when he spotted them.

“Thank you very much.” Lola smiled to the man; she had called him David earlier.
Jared walked over awkwardly to Lola; he wanted her to teach him to dance instead of Margret. She seemed to be much better at it all.
“Excuse me? Lola?” Jared said, she didn’t respond to him, “Em, I heard it costs more for you to teach but I would be willing to pay, Lola?”
She turned around; a pout was placed firmly on her lips, “Lola?” She whistled.
Small patters moved quickly towards her feet, a little fluffy dog panting happily around her heels. Picking up the little scrappy dog, she pushed it into Jared’s arms, patting the dog’s head lightly, “Good girl Lola.”
Jared bit into his lip as the dog sniffed and cuddled up to him, he felt embarrassed, utterly mortified.

“Can you dance yet?” April grunted.
Jared looked at his feet awkwardly, “Not just yet.”
“Have you made any progress Jared?” She groaned at him, sipping a glass of her favourite wine.
“I know what I’m doing wrong anyways…”
“Which is…?”
“Dancing.” He said bluntly, sneaking a quick swag of wine from his girlfriend’s glass.

“Excuse me, miss-” Jared began but she wasn’t listening; she was fixing the sleeves of her turtle neck sweater. She had been wearing one the last session also.
“Miss?”
“Melinda?” Maggie called from behind Jared.
“Yes Margret?” She smiled, turning around and looking at her boss.
“This fine young man would like your attention.” She wheezed, looking up at Melinda through her specks.
Melinda groaned and folded her arms, “What is it sir?” she glowered.
“I was wondering if you would help me practise the dance, if you’re free.”
Melinda looked at Maggie- the old lady nodded encouragingly back.
“Fine.” She groaned.

“One- Two- Three- Two- Two- No, no! You must lead and I shall follow. Slow down please, perfect.” She said constantly looking passed Jared face.
“Did I do something to offend you?” Jared said exasperated.
She pouted at him, “I used to be your PA.”
Jared began to move more stiffly now, he was never the nicest to the PAs that had worked for him. “Em, did I fire you?”
“No, I quit.” She said in a rough voice.
“Why?” Jared asked, trying to make sense of everything.
Melinda let go of his hands, “You threw scalding water at me.” She looked him in the eyes now. His usual charms were wiped clear off his face as she glared at him with dark blue eyes, her eyes were almost black.
“I think I remember you now.” He panted, almost nervous around the girl; he did in fact remember her. She was PA number seven, Shannon and Tomo thought she was lovely but Jared was constantly yelling at her- if it was any other PA they would have been fired weeks before for incompetence but Melinda was just lovable.
“I’m glad you remember.” She scolded sarcastically.

“I’m not going back!” Jared yelled at his fiancé.
She sat pushing her long blonde hair, she looked bored and uninterested. “You are going back.”
Sign up to rate and review this story