Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

The Danger Room

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 702 words

0Unrated
EXT. MANHATTAN-NIGHT

The city of Manhattan is in ruins. Fires light the night sky: buildings, cars, nearly everything has been lit aflame. An explosion goes off and a huge fireball goes upwards towards the sky.

COLOSSUS and ROGUE suddenly charge into frame, pursued by an unseen assailant.

COLOSSUS:
This way!

Rogue looks up and sees STORM flying overhead as lasers go off around her.

ROGUE:
Storm!

Storm flies to the ground and looks to both of them.

STORM:
Stay together. Where's Bobby and Kurt?

ROGUE:
I don't know, we got seperated.

Lasers continue to go off and causes yet another explosion causing a car and other debris to come towards the three of them.

STORM:
Watch it!

Storm uses her powers to spin out of the way. Colossus grabs onto Rogue, allowing them to metal up at the same time as debris comes at them, and bounces off harmlessly.

ROGUE:
Are you crazy! You could have been hurt!

COLOSSUS:
I was just trying to protect you!

As Rogue reverts back to normal, she sees a pair of boots and looks up to see LOGAN standing over her.

ROGUE:
Logan?

LOGAN:
How much time?

ROGUE:
Two minutes, tops.

LOGAN:
What the hell is she thinking?

Logan casually strolls over to where Storm is crouched, watching approaching searchlights. Storm looks surprised to see him.

STORM:
Logan? What are you doing here?

Logan lights his cigar with a piece of burning rubble.

LOGAN:
Enjoying the scenery. You?

Elsewhere, Civilians are running in between the burning houses trying to get away when they start disappearing into blue puffs of smoke. NIGHTCRAWLER is teleporting them to the safety of a steel bunker. As he does, ICEMAN is freezing incoming missiles headed for him.

He looks over as Nightcrawler teleports the last person.

ICEMAN:
Hurry Kurt! We're running out of time!

He is now oblivious to a missile headed straight for him.

BAMF!

Nightcrawler quickly teleports Iceman out of the way just before the missile strikes. Iceman gasps when he realizes what just happened.

ICEMAN:
Thanks

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Don't mention it.

Rogue and Colossus trail Logan. Nightcrawler and Iceman run to where Storm is and they all meet up.

STORM:
Kurt, did you get everyone to safety?

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Yes.

STORM:
All right, everybody in position.

Before they can form up, a mortar explodes mere feet away. Everyone takes cover for a moment before Storm addresses them all;

STORM:
We stay in formation, no matter what. Let's go!

They run out into the open and a massive ROBOT towers over them.

LOGAN:
Well this shouldn't take long.

Logan throws his cigar away and turns to Colossus.

LOGAN: (Con't)
Hey tin man, how good's your throwing arm?

COLOSSUS:
It's decent.

STORM:
Logan, we work as a team!

He ignores her.

LOGAN:
Throw me. Now!

Colossus grabs and spins Logan around once and throws him up to the robot as hard as he can.

SNIKT!

The rest of the team could hear the sound of metal and wires being ripped apart before the robot's head plops to the ground, Logan riding it the whole way. When it comes to a stop, Logan leaps off and dusts his shoulders off.

LOGAN:
Class dismissed.

The X-Men regroup, and Manhattan fades away, becoming...

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

...a massive hologram chamber.

COMPUTER VOICE:
Simulation complete.

LOGAN:
Hey Colossus, nice throw.

COLOSSUS:
Thanks.

Storm addressed the team.

STORM:
Alright everyone, much better this time around. But we still have some work to do. The next session will be next week, same time.

Nightcrawler, Iceman, Rogue, and Colossus then all turn to exit the room. Logan goes to leave as well but Storm rounds on him.

STORM:
What the hell was that?

LOGAN:
Danger Room session.

STORM:
You know what I mean. I was trying to teach these kids something, Logan.

LOGAN:
I think I thaught em' something.

STORM:
It was a defensive exercise.

LOGAN:
Well you know what the say-

STORM:
No, I don't know what the say. This is a school, you can't just come and go as you please.

LOGAN:
Hey Ororo, I'm just a sub.

Logan walks around her and heads for the door.

LOGAN: (Con't)
You gotta a problem, talk to Scott.
Sign up to rate and review this story