Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Announcing the Cure

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 605 words

0Unrated
EXT. STUDENT LOUNGE

Bobby and Rogue walked into the student lounge and sat down on the couch, in front of the television. Bobby kept turning the channels until he reached a news broadcast and a REPORTER began speaking.

REPORTER:
We are now about to go to Dr. Kavita Rao, who has made a breakthrough discovery about a possible cure for mutation.

Bobby and Rogue looked at each other for a moment before turning their attention back to the screen.

INT. STUDY

Ororo and Xavier looked at each other for a moment, stunned by Henry's announcement before Ororo turned her attention back to Henry.

ORORO:
That's ridiculous. You can't cure being a mutant."

HENRY:
Well, scientifically speaking-

ORORO:
What is there to "cure", Henry?

XAVIER:
Ororo:

Xavier looked towards the television.

XAVIER: (Con't)
They're announcing it now.

Xavier turned up the volume as everyone in the room now focused on the television. The broadcast cuts to a shot of Alcatraz Island before going to DR. KAVITA RAO standing at a podium. She began to speak.

KAVITA: (On Screen)
They've been called saints and sinners. They've committed atrocities, and been the victims of atrocities themselves. They've been labeled monsters, and not without reason. But these so-called monsters are people, just like us. And we want to help them. The mutant gene is nothing more than a corruption of healthy cellular activity, a disease. But finally, we have found hope.

INT. STUDENT LOUNGE

Rogue's gaze on the television intensifies.

KAVITA:
Ladies and gentleman, finally...

Kavita held up a test tube that held a blue liquid.

KAVITA: (Con't)
We have a cure.

Closing her eyes, Rogue took a deep, relieved breath.

INT. STUDY

Ororo and Henry were sitting down on the couch, just finishing watching the same broadcast. Logan sat on the dest, Kurt stood in the corner. They all were quiet for a few moments before Ororo spoke.

ORORO:
Who would want this cure? I mean what kind of coward would willingly give up their gift just to fit in?

Henry stares at his hand for a moment before answering.

HENRY:
I understand your concerns, Ororo, but not all of us have such an easy time fitting in you know. You don't shed on furniture."

Ororo closed her eyes.

ORORO:
Oh…I'm sorry, Hank. It's just—

XAVIER:
Believe me, I understand. Forget the personal crises—this is a veritable Pandora's box. I'm not so worried about what the cure can do, as I am about what the government can do with it.

HENRY:
I assure you, the government would not use this cure as a weapon or anything else.

LOGAN:
Yeah, I've heard that before.

Rogue suddenly comes running into the room.

ROGUE:
Hey, is this true? They can cure us?

XAVIER:
Yes Rogue, it seems-

ORORO:
No!

Ororo gets up and walks over to Rogue.

ORORO:
They can't cure us, Rogue. You know why? Because there's nothing wrong with you. There's nothing wrong with any of us for that matter.

She looks over at Henry.

ORORO:
Since when did we become a disease?

Henry gets to his feet.

HENRY:
I don't think you're qualified to make that statement, Ororo! There are plenty of mutants who-

ORORO:
What do you want me to say, Hank? Our powers are part of who we are, part of our identities!

ROGUE:
You think I want this to be part of my identity?

Everyone turns their attention to Rogue.

ROGUE: (Con't)
I don't care what anyone says, there is something wrong with me...and I want to fix it. And it's my choice.

Logan frowns as Rogue turns to leave the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story