Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

The Church of Magneto

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 739 words

0Unrated
EXT. CHURCH-NIGHT

When night fell, mutants gathered at an abandoned church, at least a hundred in number. Standing on a stage in front of them all was CALLISTO, a woman with a patch over her left eye and a firm build as she tried to silence the din.

CALLISTO:
People, listen! This is about getting organized! We have to band together, show the Department of Mutant Affairs that we mean business!

Psylocke, a woman with purple hair and a red tattoo over her left eye, shouts out from the crowd.

PSYLOCKE:
They wanna exterminate us, Callisto!

CALLISTO:
This cure is voluntary, Betsy. No one is talking about extermination!

VOICE:
No one ever talks about it!

Suddenly, MAGNETO, dressed in a ratty black sweater and cape stands, flanked by PYRO.

MAGNETO: (Con't)
They just do it.

Magneto strides to the front of the room, taking the stage as though he belongs there and continues speaking.

MAGNETO:
By all means, go about your lives. Ignore all of the many signs around you. Then they'll come for you, and the rest of us will be better off without you. And then you will realize, that while you sat here prattling on about committees and organizations and DMAs, the extermination had already begun.

Magneto stares intensely into the audience.

MAGNETO (Con't)
Make no mistake, my brothers. The humans will draw first blood. And when the air is still, and the night has fallen, there's only one question you must answer. Who will stand with?

Magneto sneers slightly.

MAGNETO: (Con't)
Will you stand and fight? Or wait for the inevitable genocide?

He strides off as quickly and suddenly as he began. In no time at all, GAMBIT, a young man in a trench coat is at his and Pyro's heels.

GAMBIT:
You talk pretty tough for an old guy in a cape.

Pyro turns to face him and forms a fireball in his hand.

PYRO:
Back off.

Callisto, Psylocke, and ARCLIGHT come up to Magneto.

CALLISTO:
You're so proud of being a mutant, where's your mark?

Magneto smiles faintly and pulls up his sleeve.

MAGNETO:
My dear, I have already been marked once.

He shows her his serial number, from Auschwitz.

MAGNETO: (Con't)
Let me assure you, no needle will ever touch my skin again.

PYRO:
You punks know who you're talking to?

Gambit pulls out a playing card, charges it up and throws it to the side with force. It hits the church wall, causing an explosion, leaving a perfect hole in the church wall.

GAMBIT:
Do you?

Pyro scoffs and looks down at another flaming card in Gambit's hand. He winks and the card is burned up completely.

PYRO:
Got anymore magic tricks up your sleeve?

GAMBIT:
I've got a couple.

Gambit took a step forward but Psylocke and Arclight held him back. Magneto ignored what was going on between the two young men and addressed Callisto;

MAGNETO:
And what can you do?

CALLISTO:
I know that you control metal. And that there's a hundred and five mutants in this room, none better than Class Three. Except for you two.

Callisto looked back and forth between Magneto and Pyro. Magneto responds, poliely bored;

MAGNETO:
So you have talents.

He begins to turn again, but he finds that Callisto uses her super speed to block his path again.

CALLISTO:
That and more. I can tell you how many mutants are on this block. In this city.

Magneto becomes intrigued.

CALLISTO: (Con't)
This state.

MAGNETO:
You sense other mutants and their powers?

Callisto nods.

MAGNETO:
Could you locate one for me?

INT. SECURE TRUCK-NIGHT

In the back of a secure truck, a guard patrols the hall. Inside the cell is the President of the United States.

MYSTIQUE as PRESIDENT:
Let me out of here! God damn it, do you know who I am?

The guard rolls his eyes.

MYSTIQUE as PRESIDENT:
I'm the President of the United States! I demand that I be let out of here!

GUARD:
Mr. President…shut up!

The president sneers. The guard begins walking away. Suddenly, a little girl cries out;

MYSTIQUE as LITTLE GIRL:
Please let me out. Please.

The guard turns back.

GUARD:
Keep it up. I'll spray you in the face, bitch.

The girl smiles evilly.

MYSTIQUE as LITTLE GIRL:
When I get out of here, I'm gonna kill you myself.

GUARD:
Yeah, we'll see.

He turns away and Mystique reverts back to her normal self.
Sign up to rate and review this story