Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Whirlpool of Love

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-22 - 597 words

0Unrated
EXT. HIGHWAY-DAY

It was daytime in the Canadian Rockies as Scott speeds down the highway on his motorcycle. Past the expansive woods lies Alkali Lake, still flooded from the X-Men's previous outing there.

Scott parks his bike when he reaches the lake.

JEAN: (V.O)
Scott.

Scott shook his head and got him. Slowly he approaches the lake. The lake that took the love of his life away.

INT. ALKALI LAKE

In his mind's eye, Jean pushes back the water bursting from the dam with her telekinesis, while simultaneously lifting the X-Jet, with the other X-Men aboard, out of harm's way.

JEAN: (V.O)
It's the only way.

Then, he sees her drowning again.

JEAN: (V.O)
Scott.

SCOTT:
Stop.

JEAN: (V.O)
Scott, help me.

SCOTT:
Stop it.

The voices in his head grow louder.

He suddenly throws his head back and yells up to the sky.

SCOTT:
STOP!

He tears off his glasses and releases his optic beam into the lake's surface. A recoil of energy strikes him and knocks him flat on his back.

Suddenly, the lake erupts in a fiery display as a giant whirlpool forms in the center. A creature of pure energy rises from the depths. It glows like a living star, emanating wave after wave of telekinetic energy. Scott puts his hand up as he is blinded by the bright light.

He slowly gets to his feet awestruck, as the star slowly descends, and the maelstrom of gravity passes. As the glow flutters, Scott takes a step forward…

He is shocked by what he sees in the epicenter.

SCOTT:
Jean?

She is alive. JEAN GREY is reborn.

Jean looked down at her limbs, stunned and disoriented.

SCOTT:
A dream...has to be a dream.

Jean looked up. She seems real. She blinks, slowly recognizing him.

JEAN:
Scott?

SCOTT:
Jean…how?

Jean looks at her glowing limbs again, feeling her power.

JEAN:
I...I don't know.

Needing no more words, Scott pulled Jean into a tight embrace and they kiss, passionately. After a few seconds, Jean pulls away and stares at Scott's face. Slowly her hands reach up toward his glasses.

JEAN:
Take these off.

Scott quickly grabs her hands.

SCOTT:
Jean, you know I can't.

Jean shook her head.

JEAN:
Trust me. I can control it. I want to see your eyes.

Reluctantly, Scott releases her hands. Jean removes Scott's glasses but Scott keeps his eyes closed, afraid of hurting her.

JEAN:
Open your eyes, Scott. You won't hurt me.

Slowly, carefully, Scott opens his eyes. They glow red momentarily and then return to their natural brown color. He blinks in surprise and then smiles at her.

SCOTT:
I've missed you so much.

JEAN:
I know...I know.

They kiss again. Jean suddenly begins to get more fierce and Scott's eyes widen in surprise.

INT. XAVIER'S OFFICE

In the study, Xavier cries out in pain and falls out of his wheelchair.

Meanwhile in his room, Logan's eyes snap open. He leaps up from his meditative position and charges out into the hallway and flies down the stairs. Ororo runs out from a room and joins him.

ORORO:
You caught it too?

The two of them bust into Xavier's office to see him on the floor.

ORORO:
Charles!

Ororo went over to his side.

LOGAN:
Are you okay?

Xavier looks up at Logan and Ororo.

XAVIER:
You have to get to Alkali Lake. Now.

Logan's brows furrow.

LOGAN:
Alkali Lake? For what?

XAVIER:
Just go!

Logan glances at Ororo before they both turn without speaking again and head for the X-Jet.
Sign up to rate and review this story