Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Examining Jean

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-22 - 763 words

0Unrated
EXT. ALKALI LAKE

The X-Jet lands on a patch of land on Alkali Lake. Logan and Ororo disembark, immediately entering a heavy fog.

LOGAN:
I can't see a damn thing.

ORORO:
I can fix that.

Her eyes go white and the fog dissipates. Logan looks incredulously at the multitude of floating rocks littering the air. Droplets of water fall upward from leaves.

LOGAN:
What the hell?

ORORO:
Let's split up.

LOGAN:
And what are we supposed to be looking for?

ORORO:
I don't know. Let's just look around.

Ororo walks towards the lake while Logan turns and heads towards the forest. Then to his shock, he sees Scott's glasses floating freely midway between the lake and the trees. He grabs at them, furrowing his brow. He sniffs and looks off into the forest.

ORORO: (Off Screen)
Logan!

Logan throws one last glance back to the woods, then takes off running toward the lake. He joins Ororo, and his eyes widen at what he sees. He crouches down next to a body, a woman.

ORORO:
She's alive.

LOGAN:
Jean?

He then took the glasses from his pocket and handed them to Ororo.

LOGAN:
I found these. We gotta get her back.

He picks up Jean's body and carries her to the jet. When he gets there he lays Jean down on a seat and then turns to Ororo.

LOGAN:
Go.

ORORO:
What about you?

LOGAN:
I gotta find Scott. He's here somewhere.

Logan starts to argue, but thinks better of it and runs back down the ramp and heads back to the forest. He prowls through the trees and sniffs the air.

LOGAN:
Scott?

He keeps walking until he finally sees another body, laying motionless on the ground. Logan quickly runs back to the jet, carrying Scott's body. He calls out to Ororo mid-stride.

LOGAN:
Get the jet started!

He leaps onto the access ramp just as it closes and Ororo begins lifting the jet from the ground.

INT. X-JET

Ororo pilots as Logan lays Scott's body on a seat in the back, next to Jean.

ORORO:
He is-

LOGAN:
I dunno. We need to get him back.

ORORO:
I'll go as fast as I can.

Ororo continues to pilot the jet as it cuts through the clouds in the sky.

INT. INFIRMARY

In the infirmary of the mansion, Jean lays on an operating table, Scott on another on the other side of the room. Ororo and Logan stand with Jean. Xavier examines Scott, than joins them.

XAVIER:
He's comatose. But stable.

Logan continues to stare at Jean.

LOGAN:
How is she still alive?"

XAVIER:
I honesty have no idea. The sheer amount of water that collapsed on top of Jean should have obliterated her completely.

ORORO:
Is she going to be okay?

XAVIER:
I'm not sure.

Logan looked at the Professor.

LOGAN:
What? Why?


Xavier sighed.

XAVIER:
When Jean was young her power was so unfocused that I knew that she could become a danger to those around her and herself. As a result, I placed psychic barriers in her mind to minimize the sheer amount of power she could access, to give her control of her abilities/

LOGAN:
Jean knew about this?

XAVIER:
It's unclear how much she remembered. The more pressing issue is that now, those barriers are gone. And without them, I can't be sure if the woman lying in front of us is Jean…or something else entirely.

Logan took a step forward.

LOGAN:
She looks pretty peaceful to me.

XAVIER:
That's because I'm keeping her that way.

Logan snarled.

LOGAN:
What did you just say?

XAVIER:
If I can reinstate the psychic blocks, perhaps I can cage the beast once again.

Logan grabbed Xavier by the collar and Ororo gasped.

ORORO:
Logan!

Logan quickly let go and Xavier glared up at him.

LOGAN:
You know sometimes when you cage the beast, the beast gets angry.

XAVIER:
Well forgive me, if I value the safety of the world over the feelings of the beast.

LOGAN:
This is someone's mind you're talkin' about, Jean's mind!

XAVIER:
I know with your past experience why you would have such an aversion to this, Logan. But you must understand I did what I thought was necessary to ensure Jean's safety. You have no idea...you have no idea what she is capable of.

LOGAN:
No Professor, I had no idea what you were capable of.

Logan turns and storms out of the infrimary.

ORORO:
Logan, wait!

Ororo goes after him.

Xavier took a deep breath before he turned his attention back to Jean.
Sign up to rate and review this story