Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Beast Meets Leech

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-22 - 460 words

0Unrated
EXT. ALCATRAZ-DAY

On the grounds of Alcatraz Island, a helicopter lands and Henry McCoy exits as Dr. Kavita Rao moves forward to greet him.

KAVITA:
Dr. McCoy, welcome to Rao Labs.

HENRY:
Thanks you Dr. Rao. Not an easy place to get to.

KAVITA:
It's the safest place we could find, that's why we keep the source of the cure here.

She leads him inside the facility and they walk through a laboratory before going down a long hallway.

HENRY:
He is a mutant, you understand our concerns?

KAVITA:
We are in full compliance with your departments policies.

HENRY:
How long will you keep him here?

KAVITA:
Until we can fully map his DNA. We can duplicate it but we can't generate it.

HENRY:
Speaking of which, I would appreciate it greatly if I could have a sample.

KAVITA:
I have already arranged a sample to be sent to your office, but you have no need to worry. It has already gone through several trials, and passed all tests. It is perfectly safe for mutants to take it.

They stop outside a room with a viewing window. Hank looks inside, sees a young boy inside playing video games. He is bald and his skin is bright green, the room itself is pure white.

HENRY:
I heard the staff calls him by some nickname.

Kavita sighed.

KAVITA:
I've tried to stop them. But from your experience, I'm sure you understand how these things take on a life of their own.

HENRY:
That's why I brought it up.

KAVITA:
The staff has been firmly instructed never to call him 'Leech' to his face, or where he can hear them.

HENRY:
And you think he'll never know?

KAVITA:
I can hope.

HENRY:
There's that word again. Hope.

KAVITA:
Why don't we say hello?

Kavita opens the door and the two of them step inside.

INT. JIMMY'S ROOM

KAVITA:
Jimmy.

Jimmy looks over his shoulder.

JIMMY:
Hey Kavita.

KAVITA:
Jimmy, there is someone I would like you to meet.

Henry smiles and walks towards him.

HENRY:
Hello there son.

JIMMY:
Hi.

HENRY:
My name is Henry McCoy.

Henry steps a little closer and extends his hand to shake Jimmy's. Slowly, it becomes a normal human hand. Henry looks at it, transfixed.

JIMMY:
Sorry.

HENRY:
No...it's alright.

Henry continues to stare at his hand as Kavita smiles. After a few seconds Henry looks back at Jimmy.

HENRY:
You have an amazing gift. It was nice to meet you Jimmy.

JIMMY:
You too.

Jimmy goes back to his video game while Henry turns around and walks back over to Kavita as his hand goes back to it's normal blue, furry self.

KAVITA:
Extraordinary, isn't he?

Henry looks down at his hand.

HENRY:
Yes, he is.
Sign up to rate and review this story