Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Farewell to X

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-22 - Updated: 2010-09-23 - 565 words

0Unrated
EXT. MANSION-DAY

When they arrived back at the mansion, Bobby headed straight for Rogue's room and was releaved when he walked in and saw her sitting on the bed.

BOBBY:
Rogue.

ROGUE:
Bobby.

She smiled and got to her feet.

BOBBY:
You took the cure?

ROGUE:
No.

He looked at her in surprise.

BOBBY:
You didn't?

ROGUE:
No. I had the chance, when I got into the building not all the samples had been destoryed yet. But...I couldn't do it. I don't know why, I just couldn't.

BOBBY:
I'm glad you didn't.

ROGUE:
Me too. This is who I am.

Rogue reached out and took one of Bobby's hands into her own.

INT. INFIRMARY

Jean layed on one of the bed's as she was being monitored by Scott and Henry.

HENRY:
How are you feeling, Jean?

JEAN:
It's like I'm deaf. You get so use to hearing voices...and now their gone.

SCOTT:
It's okay, everything's going to be okay now.

Outside, Logan and Ororo were watching.

ORORO:
They said that she doesn't remember much.

LOGAN:
I guess that's a good thing.

Ororo sighed.

ORORO:
Do you think we did the right thing?

LOGAN:
Only other thing we could have done was kill her. And none of us wanted to that.

INT. GARDENS-DAY

The next morning, a monument stands in the gardens for Professor Charles Xavier. Moira McTaggert sits next to Ororo Munroe, Kurt Wanger, Scott Summers, and Jean Grey. Down another line are Rogue, Bobby, and Peter. The younger students sit behind them, with many other friends and colleagues. Logan stands off at the side.

Rogue sniffles and Bobby holds her hand.

Henry McCoy walks forward and stands at the front of the gathering.

HENRY:
We live in a age of darkness. A world full of hate and intolerance. But in every age, there are those who fight against it.

Ororo's eyes begin to water and Kurt gently takes her hand.

HENRY: (Con't)
Charles Xavier was born into a world divided. He chose to make a difference. And though he will not live to see the fruit of his labor, his life will make all the difference.

Henry made eye contact with each of the X-Men.

HENRY: (Con't)
Charles was more then a leader, more then a teacher. He was a friend.

From far away, Magneto was watching the memorial from a spot where no one could see him but he had a good enough view and could hear everything being said. Slowly, one tear slid down his cheek which he quickly brushed away.

HENRY:
When we were afraid, he gave us strength. When we were alone, he gave us family. He may be gone, but his teachings live on through us, his we may go, we must carry on his vision. And that's a vision of a world united.

Henry steps down and places a single flower at the monument. Other get up and slowly make their way to place a flower there as well. Magneto turns and walks away.

After Jean and Scott each placed their flower down, they both walked hand in hand to the front of the gathering, watching the young students.

They didn't know what the future had in store for them. But looking over the younger students, they did know one thing.

Charles Xavier's dream was alive and well. And it was in good hands.

The End.
Sign up to rate and review this story