Categories > Original > Romance > Undeniable

11. moonlight

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-29 - Updated: 2010-09-29 - 1197 words - Complete

1Hot
11. moonlight

Standing there before him, bathed in the illuminating glow of the moonlight, Robin had never looked so beautiful.

Josh wanted her so much. He’d been dreaming—fantasizing, even—about this moment for months. His nights and days had been invaded by ways in which he would proclaim his love for the redhead. However, things don’t always work out like you plan, and so he hadn’t been able to. It seemed like the past couple of months had been filled with one obstacle after another, and so he had been forced to put all plans on the back burner, so that he could sort his life out.

But that was all behind him now. And in this moment, standing in front of the beautiful angel he desired irrevocably, Josh knew there was no turning back. He didn’t want to. He locked eyes with the redhead, pleased to find that she wasn’t going to shy away from his gaze. He was nervous, very nervous, and he could sense that she was as well, but Josh figured that it would leave once they both became comfortable with each other.

“You look beautiful,” he breathed, as he took a step forward.

“Thank you,” Robin replied, blushing as she stared at her feet.

It was adorable and Josh wanted nothing more than to pull her to him and kiss her passionately, but he remembered what he had vowed earlier—to pace himself. He didn’t want to push himself into anything he wasn’t ready for, and he definitely didn’t want to make Robin uncomfortable. He wanted things to get off on the right foot. Clearing his throat, he smiled wider.

“Why are you blushing?” Josh asked.

“Because I’m very flattered,” Robin replied, smiling. “You’re a sweetie, Josh.”

Now it was his turn to blush. He didn’t understand why Robin couldn’t see what he saw in her, but then again, he didn’t understand why she felt the way she did about him. It was very endearing to him to hear her compliment him, but he didn’t think he was anything special, no matter how many times Robin insisted that he was.

“Um, thank you,” he said, fidgeting awkwardly. “So, I’m in the mood for some chow time, how about you?”

“That sounds perfect,” Robin answered. “Did you cook?”

Josh shook his head and chuckled at the statement.

“No, uh, I’m not so great at that. I do have a special surprise, though.”

“Oh?” Robin was curious now. “What kind of surprise?”

“You’ll see,” Josh smiled, beckoning to the redhead with his hand.

“Shall we walk?”


Once they arrived at their destination, a secluded area in a far corner of the beach, Robin gasped, blown away at the sight in front of her. Josh had spread out two thick blankets on the sand. To the right of the blankets sat a large picnic basket, and one peek allowed Robin to see that it was filled with chocolate—specifically, Reeses and Butterfingers, Pepsi, and other kinds of candy that she couldn’t quite identify.
It was the sweetest gesture anyone had ever made to impress her, and she couldn’t stop a smile from spreading across her face.

“You did all this for me?” Robin was in awe. “Really?”

“Yeah, of course I did,” Josh replied as he opened a can of Pepsi and handed it to Robin. “Why wouldn’t I?”

Blushing again, Robin accepted the Pepsi and took a small sip.

“It’s…wow, I’m really flattered. You didn’t have to do this, Josh.”

“Would you stop it with that?” Josh sighed as he set his pop down and pulled the redhead closer, his arm comfortably snaked around her waist. “I wanted to. This is what you do on first dates.”

He offered the redhead a piece of candy, his smile bright and comforting.

“Chocolate?”

Robin sighed blissfully as she accepted the chocolate and leaned into Josh, resting her head on his shoulder and taking in the clean, simple, yet exhilarating scent of the man. A few moments later, she realized she’d drifted off, and felt a little sad when she awakened and realized that it was getting late, and that she should probably be heading home soon, as she had work at an ungodly hour the next morning. Robin almost pouted as she remembered. The night was perfect; Josh was perfect, and she didn’t want it to end.

“Whatcha thinking about?” Josh asked softly, sensing the tension Robin was feeling. He leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek.

“Oh, nothing,” Robin answered wistfully. “Just remembered that I gotta be home soon—gotta be up super early in the morning.”

“Aw, I’m sorry about that,” he answered. “Well, thank you for a great time tonight. Maybe we can do it again sometime?” His tone was hopeful, but at the same time, he didn’t want to push anything. Maybe Robin didn’t want to go on another date, which would crush him, and he crossed his fingers that she’d had just as much fun as he had. It hadn’t been the most extravagant date, but then again, neither of them were extravagant people. He had thouroughly enjoyed sitting on the beach, cuddling in the blankets, and watching the waves roll in. It was calming, and definitely topped any date he had been on.

“Of course we can!” Robin answered brightly. She pulled her hoodie closer and stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Josh tightly.

“Thank you for a wonderful time, Josh. I had a lot of fun.”

“You’re welcome,” Josh mumbled, his face red at the contact. She was so warm, and smelled so good; he didn’t want to let go. A small whimper escaped his lips when the redhead let go, but he covered it up with a cough.

“Call you tomorrow?”

“Sure, I’ll be in around 4,” Robin replied. “Good night, Josh.”

“Good night, sweetie,” he answered. “Be safe, okay? Let me know when you get home.”

Though he couldn’t see it, Robin’s face was now nearly purple. She was flattered by his attempt to win her heart, though he really hadn’t needed to go to all the trouble. She had been enamored of him from the very first time she’d seen him. To a lot of people, Josh was a hard book to read, and appeared standoffish and cold. But Robin had taken a closer look, and realized that he was neither of those things—he was simply shy and quiet. After numerous talks, she’d gotten to know him even more, and had fallen in love with his sensitive and gentlemanly nature. It was a nice change from the other assholes she’d dated, for sure.

As she got into her car, Robin couldn’t stop smiling. She was touched by how much Josh cared about her, and it was then that she realized that she was really falling hard for him.

And she didn’t wanna hit the bottom—if there was one—anytime soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story