Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Be Mine

Chapter 11

by evry1lovesmichelle 0 reviews

Michelle gets a week off of work, and Chuck comes down for a visit.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2010-09-29 - Updated: 2010-09-29 - 2434 words

0Unrated
I just finished college! It took me two years to finally graduate! I now live in this town house in the city. I edit videos for the local news station. So life is pretty good right now.

I’ve only talked to Chuck a couple of times this past 2 years. Haven’t heard from him recently. We would email each other. But, haven’t got any messages from him for a few months now.

I was at my desk at work. I was just about done before I could go home. I have the next week off. So thats good. I’ve been working so much, that I forget what its like to have a lot of free time!

“Are you done that video yet Michelle?” My boss said impatiently. It doesn’t matter how fast you go, he still rushes you.

“Yes. I’m just sending it to you right now.” I replied politely.

“Okay, I’ll go look at it right now.” He walks away, and goes into his office.

After I sent it to him, I shut off my computer. I did a big stretch. And grabbed my bag and coat.

“Done already?” Jessie asked. Her desk is right beside mine.

“Yup! Thank god. I can’t wait to get home!” I said happily.

“Your lucky you get a week off. I’m going to miss you.” she said, then chuckled.

I laughed. We said goodbye, and I started walking to the door.

“Michelle!” My boss shouted. I turned around to see what he wanted. “Good job on your piece.”

“Thank you sir.” I smirked, and continued walking out of the building.


Its now the weekend. And Seb picked me up. We’re both going back to our parents house for the weekend.

I got to my parents house. I had supper, then went to miranda’s house to hang out with the gang, like old times. But Chuck wasn’t there.

We watched a couple of movies, and we had a great time! After that, I went home, and went to bed.

The following morning, I slowly woke up. And got dressed. I was watching tv when my mom asked me something.

“Michelle, can you take this garbage outside?” She asked. Well, she doesn’t really asks, she tells you!! lol.

“Sure mom.” I said. I turned off the T.V. I grabbed the stinky bag, and dragged it outside. I placed it on the curb, and started to head back to the house. At the corner of my eye, I saw someone standing on the sidewalk, just looking at me. I turned my head at the person.

It was Chuck! He was looking and smiling at me. I smiled back, and we ran to each other. We were hugging each other so tightly. I forgot how save I felt in his arms.

“I...I can’t believe its actually you Chuck!” I said excitedly.

“I know how you feel. I missed you so much!” He said happily.

“I’ve missed you too!” I replied. We both let go of each other.

“So, what have you been up to?” he asked.

“Oh, well I now work at A Channel news as a video editor.” I replied.

“Really? Thats really good!” He exclaimed.

“Yeah, i’ve been working there for a couple months now. How about you? How’s school going?” I asked curiously.

“Great. I travel around with a lawyer. and he’s on holidays right now. And I have no classes this coming week so, I thought I’d come down here to see everyone!” He smiled.

“Well its about time. I was starting to forget what your voice sounded like.” I giggled.

He does a little laugh. “Hey, tonight I’m going to see a reset concert to remember the old days. Want to come with?”

“I’d love too, but I’m going out for a date tonight.” I said.

“Oh really?” Chuck replied curiously.

“Yup. Actually the restaurant that we’re meeting at is actually on the way to the concert hall, If you want to walk with me.” I asked.

“Sure.” he said.

“So 8pm then?” I asked.

“Sounds good, I’ll see you then!” He said happily. We hugged again, then I walked back to the house, and he went back to his parents.


I was waiting for Chuck to come get me. I was also nervous about this date. I’ve heard rumors about this guy. They say that he’s really rude, and tries to get his way with girls that he dates. That sounds a lot like Pierre doesn’t it? LOL. But no, thats not him. His name is Jake. And he’s just so sweet, I think.

Chuck came on time, and we started walking.

“So chuck, do you still play your drums?” i asked curiously. I had both my hands in my pockets.

“Not as much as I used too. But yup, I do.” He said. He had his hands in his hoodie pockets.

“Do you miss being in a band?”

“Somewhat. But I don’t think I’ll ever go in one again. It would be kind of hard to be a lawyer, and be in a band at the same time.” He replied.

“Yeah, I understand.” I said.


We get to the front of the restaurant.

“Well good luck!” Chuck said.

“Thanks, and have fun at the concert. I think I’ll be done by the time the concert is over.” I replied.

“Okay, I’ll walk by afterwards to see if your there.” He answered. Then started to walk off. I went inside the place, and went to the table where Jake was sitting.


(Chuck’s story)

I got to the concert. There were quite a few people there. I say about 50. David is the lead singer now, since Pierre left a couple years ago because of me. David sounded pretty good. And watching the drummer made me sort of sad. A part of me still wanted to be in a band. The other side said that there’s no security in that kind of career. Its either make it or break it.

After the concert, I went back stage to see my old friends. David was so happy to see me. I missed that guy. He was one of the people that made me laugh out loud because of his stupidity.

Then I ran into Pierre as I was exiting the hall.

“Oh hey Chuck!” Pierre said. He actually seemed happy to see me.

“Hey man, how are you?” I asked.

“Great, great. I’ve been looking all over for you.” He said.

It shocked me. Why would he be looking for me? I thought he hated me. Well, that was a few years ago. Maybe he just put that in the past.

“Why?” I said curiously.

“Just come with me. I want to talk to you about something.” He said, then he turned his back to me, and walked out the door. I had no idea on what he wanted to talk about. I paused for a second, then followed him out.

He was leaning against the brick wall, and invited me to stand beside him. I walked over, and leaned against the wall on his right.

“I know a couple years ago before you left, we left on the wrong foot. What we were mad about was completely stupid. And I take full responsibility. I’m sorry that I cheated on Michelle with your girlfriend. I was young and stupid, and I just want things back to normal.” He turned his head away, and looked down to the cement.

“Pierre, that was a couple years ago. I’m not mad anymore, and you shouldn’t feel bad about it. I forgive you.” I said seriously.

“Thank you Chuck.” He said. Then it was silent for a few minutes.

“Well, I better get going.” I said. I stopped leaning on the wall.

“Wait Chuck, there’s something else I want to talk to you about.” He said. He stood up straight, and we were facing each other.

“What?” I asked. What else would he want to talk about?

“Well, I was thinking. And I haven’t told this to anybody yet, because I want you to be on board. You see, I want to start a band again. Nothing like Reset. A band that will get somewhere.” He said.

“Pierre, no no no.” I said. Shaking my head.

“And you know, with your determination, and leadership, we can achieve it!” He said seriously. “And your great on drums. And don’t know anyone else with those qualities. I know I said I didn’t like that, but you were the only one that got Reset to where it is today!”

“Pierre, I’m not leaving Law school just to go in a band that won’t go anywhere. You know how hard that is?” I said. I didn’t like the idea at all.

“I’m just saying, give it some thought.” He said.

“Okay, But I’ll probably say no.” I said, then walked away. When I got to where Michelle was, I peaked into the window. She was still in there with jake, so I went to the store to get a snack while I waited.

(Michelle’s Story)

The date has been going okay. The food was good. But, Jake was acting kind of strange. I don’t know why, but I was feeling uncomfortable. We made small talk after we ate, then I wanted to go.

We walked out of the restaurant, then we were saying goodbye.

“Well, thank you for taking me out Jake.” I said, and smirked at him.

Chuck just got out of the restaurant, and saw us. But I didn’t see him.

“Anytime, I had fun.” He replied, and smiled.

“Me too. Well, I’ll see you later.” We hugged. Then I turned around and tried to walk away. He grabbed my arm.

“Thats all your gonna give me? Just a hug?” He asked seriously.

I turned to him. “Yeah?” I said. Then tried to get my arm back. I tried to walk away, and pull my arm with me. But I couldn’t get away. “Let me go!” I shouted.

“Not until you kiss me!” He said. Trying to pull me closer to him. He has a hold of my other arm.

Chuck comes running over. Puts his snacks in his pocket.

He grabs Jakes shoulder. “Let go of her!” He had an angry look on his face, and said it very seriously. And when you see him like that, you don’t want to mess with him.

Jake looked at him. I pulled my arms away, and he let go. Gave Chuck a dirty look, and walked away.

“Thanks Chuck.” I said thankfully.

“What did he want?” He asked.

“Oh, just wanted a kiss from me. But he’s just so weird. Is that candy in your pocket?” I asked, hinting that I wanted some.

“Good thing I bought for you too. I know you too well.” He smirked. And reached into his pocket.

I giggled. “Gimme gimme”

He laughed, then give me my candy.

“Thank you hunny!” I smirked at him.

He smirked, then we started to walk.

“I ran into Pierre after the concert.” He said.

“Uh oh, you did?” I said surprised. I hope they didn’t start fighting again.

“Don’t worry, nothing bad happened. He just wanted to make things better again between me and him.” Chuck replied.

“Well thats good. He’s been quite happy these days. But I’m not complaining” Then I laughed.

He laughed too. “Hey, you want to come over for supper tomorrow?” He asked.

“Sure!” Haven’t been over there since you moved!” I said happily.


The next day, I walked over to Chuck’s for supper. I already know that his dad will be talking about Chuck and law stuff. Like I really care. Law stuff makes me fall to sleep. I just like going there for the food. Ha ha.

Chuck told me to be on my best behavior, as always lol. And I was right about what his dad would talk about. But I’m right, as always.....What?! lol.

After supper, Chuck and I just hanged out in the basement watching our favorite movies. We tried to see how long we could stay up. I shouldn’t of laid down on the couch, because I feel asleep during the third movie. Chuck smirked, and placed a blanket over me. Then he sat back down, and feel asleep.

The rest of the week. We just hung out. Then the last night before he had to go back, he spent the night at my place. The next morning he had to go on the plane to go back.

“Where do you want to sleep?” I asked him.

He puts his bag down. “I can sleep on the couch. I don’t care.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He replied. Sits on the couch.

“Good, I didn’t want you sleeping in my bed anyways. I know that you wet the bed.” I kidded.

“Hey! That was uncalled for!” He exclaimed, then laughed.

I laughed.

“Thats what I missed the most, you bugging me.” He chuckled.

“You came back for more!!” I said happily. Then I smirked at him.


It was the morning, and Chuck and I headed to the airport. I had to drop him off before I went off to work. He was just about to go off to board onto the plane.

“Well, I guess this is it... again!!” I said.

“Yeah, like really.” Chuck said. and smirked.

I smirked at him too. We just starred into each others eyes. about 10 seconds later, we both smiled awkwardly, and looked away.

“Well I guess I’ll see you whenever.” He said.

We both hugged each other. Seemed like both of us were so comfortable in the hug, that we didn’t want to let go. Then he kissed my forehead, and we stopped hugging.

He started to walk away. But he was walking backwards.

“Text me when you get there!” I shouted.

“Will do. And keep emailing me!” He shouted back.

“Okay!” I said.

He waved at me, and I waved at him back. He was walking to the tunnel that he had to go.

I talked to myself. “Goodbye Chuck.” I said sadly. He disappeared. And then I turned around and walked out of the airport.
Sign up to rate and review this story