Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Hot Topics and Penguins

by AshTheDeathBat 2 reviews

Pizza, Penguins, Jobs, and Gerard. Need I say more? Read to find out.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-10-02 - Updated: 2010-10-02 - 625 words

1Exciting
A/N: And we go onward......... to the cake.

The day after Thanksgiving, Ainsley and I went to the local mall and got a job application for me to Hot Topic. I filled it out and they set up an interview for me on the spot for Saturday.

We were eating at the food court, chowing on some pizza afterwards.

“So then, when the penguin came over, the chicken…”

I saw someone staring at me out of the corner of my eye. Which distracted me from the ‘story’ Ainsley had been telling me.

It was Gerard. He was just standing there, leaning up against a wall, staring me down. His hazel eyes were bright as he watched me.

“Umm, hello?” Ainsley waved her hand in front of my face. “Were you listening to me? I was just getting to the good part of the story.”

“What?” I snapped out of my daze.

“What the hell are you staring at?” She asked.

“Gerard was just…” I looked back to the spot he had been standing. He was gone. “…Over there…”

She turned around and looked. “Um, you’re nuts.”

“No!” I exclaimed. “He really was there! I swear he was!”

“Okay, okay!” She put her palms out in front of her.

I continued to stare at the spot Gerard had been standing. Was he stalking me? First he was in my dream, and now this. It was getting a little weird.


Monday rolled around, and it was the first time I was going to work at Hot Topic. That’s right, I got a job. It was one of the first Monday’s I had ever been excited about.

“I can’t believe that you get to go have fun at your amazing new job, while I have to go to school.” She whined, angry that she had to get up earlier than me.

“You’re just jealous because you have to be at school earlier than I have to be at work.” I mumbled, still halfway asleep.

“I hate you.”

“Shut up and turn off the light. I wanna go back to sleep.” I ordered, flopping over on the cot.

“I still hate you.” She yelled as she turned the light off.

“That’s okay. I hate you too.” I laughed as she slammed her door shut. Then, I fell asleep, waiting for the alarm to go off.

The stupid alarm wwent off. I graoned and slammed my hand down on it.

Nothing happened.

I hit it a few more times, until I got fed up that I pushed it off the night stand and it fell to the floor.

“Oops.” I mumbled.

Well, I got the noise to stop. Ains can always buy a new one. My sleepiness left me when I remembered that I would be starting my new job today.

I jumped off the cot thing and pulled on some blue jeans I’d put my own little spice to. I cut the seams on the outside, punched holes up them, then laced them up with black ribbon.
I yanked on an Offspring t-shirt over my head and pulled on my hot pink converse.

“Haze, are you ready?” Ainsley’s mother called to me.

“Hang on a sec, Mom.” I yelled down to her. I’d always called her mom for as long as I could remember. “I just gotta brush my teeth.”

I hurried up my teeth brushing, then ran down stairs.

“All ready to go?” She asked. Thank God she was on break, or I would be walking to the mall.

“Yep.” I grinned.

“Let’s go then. We don’t want to be late on your first day.”

We walked out of the house and piled into her car.
Sign up to rate and review this story