Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

A New Job, A New Face

by AshTheDeathBat 3 reviews

First day on the job, and Hazel meets someone new. She also runs into a face she didn't want to see.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-10-02 - Updated: 2010-10-02 - 802 words

1Exciting
A/N: I would like to apologize ahead of time if at anytime during the story I spell 'Mikey' the wrong way. One of my best friend's name is 'Mikie' and I'm very much so used to spelling it that way.
Anyway...


“Bye! Good luck!” Ainsley’s mom said as I gout ouf of her car.

“Thanks.” I shut the door and walked into the mal, even though it was a weekday, the mall was still crowded. I shoved my way past a group of school skipping girls in mini skirts. They proceeded to give me a death glare.

I kept walking to my job and found a guy sitting on the counter. He was flipping through a magazine. He looked up when I walked up to him

He wore is kind of nerdy looking glasses down on his nose, but he pulled it off. His hair was brown and about down to his chin. He had an Iron Maiden band shirt on.

“You’re Hazel?” He asked.

“Yeah…” I mumbled.

“I’m Mikey, and um, I guess I’m supposed to show you everything, so um, follow me.” He had a quiet voice.

“Okay.” I said as I watched him hop off the counter and walk over to a corner.

“Alright,” He started. “I’ve already restocked most of the store, so you won’t have much to do with this. You’ll mainly be working the cash register right now.

“Kay!” I jumped over the counter. “How do I make it work?”

“Well, you push this button to make money come out.” he pushed the total button and the money drawer came out.

“Jerk.” I yelled as it hit me in the stomach.

“Yeah, what out for that.” He grinned. I already knew how to work it pretty much, but I let him show me anyway.

“You got it?” He asked.

“Of course! I’m a pro at this thing.” I laughed.

“Alright, I’ll be over here, call me if you need anything.” He walked away.

Very few customers came in, including the group of girls that had given me nasty looks. They walked over and started flirting with Mikey, he didn’t seem to like it at all. He gave me a look that said, “Get the hell over here.”

I thought for a second, then walked over.

“Mikey,” I grabbed his hand. “Just thought I would remind you that I love you so very much. And, that the girls that tried to flirt with you last are still in the hospital.” I stopped and turned to face them. “And if you don’t cut it out, I’m going to beat you all in the face with a metal rod.”

I gave my best glare. They huffed and hurried out of the store.

“Thanks.” He said, going back to his work.

“Don’t mention it.” I said as I hopped back behind the counter.

A half hour went by and there had only been abour two other customers. I was playing with the buttons on the cash register when someone stopped by the door way.

“Are you stalking me?” I blurted out as Gerard started to walk in.

“No…” He gave me a confused look.

“You are!” I ducked behind the counter.

“No… I came to see my brother.” I heard him say.

“Hey, Gerard.” Mikey called. “Where’s Hazel?”

“She’s behind the counter.” Gerard replied.

“…No she’s not.”

“She’s hiding.”

“From what?”

“Me.” Gerard told him. I could picture him shrugging.

“You?!” Mikey exclaimed.

“She claims I’m stalking her.” He laughed slightly. “I just stopped by to say hey. See you tonight?”

“Yeah.” Mikey said. The dig on the door went off as Gerard walked out.

“Hey, Mikey.’ I heard Ainsley’s voice. “Where’s Hazel?”

“You know Mikey?” I popped up from behind the counter. She screamed and jumped about fifteen feet into the air.

“You jerk. Well, I found you, at least.” She mumbled. “Yes, I know Mikey. He’s in Frankie’s band.”

“Band…” I repeated, wondering if mister stalk-happy had anything to do with this band.

“Yes. Band. As in music… gui-tars… sing-ing.” She was talking as if I was a mental child.

“I get it!” I yelled as she continued to babble..

“Okay, well, Frankie wants to know if you want to come watch them practice. I always go.” She said.

“Uh…sure.”

“Great, what time do you get off?” She asked.

“Seven.” Mikey and I replied at the same time.

“Kay.” She walked over and studied a shirt.

“You want me to bring her?” Mikey sighed.

“Kay!” She moved away from the do shirt and headed out the door. “See you guys later.”

“You are going to love our band.” Mikey turned to me and grinned.
Sign up to rate and review this story