Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Safety First

by AshTheDeathBat 3 reviews

Gerard does a little soul searching with Hazel.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-10-03 - Updated: 2010-10-04 - 972 words

1Exciting
A/n: This chapter may have a few typos (I have trouble with being lazy. I rarely go back and check :p) Anyway, it's about 2 AM my time. Family Guy reshows are on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I have to get up at 7 am to go to class at 9:30 am. And I can't sleep, even thought I'm really tired. Seeing as I just tried to capitalize 9:30, I'm leaving you with this and going to bed.

That night, before practice, there was the same wrestling match as before. Only, this time, Emma was sitting beside Ainsley, cheering on the match. Gerard interrupted once again.

“Come on, downstairs.” He walked out, motioning for us to follow him. I went to get up, but Emma stopped me.

“Wait a second.” She said.

“Kay!” I said, setting myself back on the couch. “What’s up?” I asked as everyone left the room.

“You know, I’m not quite sure, but I think Gerard likes you.” She smirked slightly.

“What?: I asked, laughing slightly.

“No seriously!” She exclaimed. “Bob says he talks about you an awful lot. And just now he was watching you from the door way.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive!” She laughed. “Just be careful around him.” He tone went serious.

“Be careful?” I repeated, studying her face.

“Look, Hazel.” She sighed, fidgeting a little bit. “Gerard, he’s… well, he’s not like everyone else.”

“What do you mean?” I felt my face twist with confusion.

“He’s different than everyone else.” She said.

“Come on, you slow pokes!” Frank’s voice screamed into the microphone. “I’m getting impatient, and Bob keeps throwing drum sticks at my head.”

“Let’s go.” Emma laughed. “Before my boyfriend has a drumstick lodged into Franks skull.”

We walked down the stairs and sat down on the couch beside Ainsley.

“Finally!” Frank yelled.” You guys are the slowest little-”

“Shuddup and play, Frank.” I rolled my eyes.

“Alright,” Gerard shoved Frank back over to his little duct tapped microphone. “This song is called Our Lady of Sorrows.” his eyes flashed to meet mine. “I thought of the title last night.”

When they finished playing, we told them good job, and clapped and all that stuff. The other girls were trying to get Ray to let them straighten his fro. I was just sitting on the couch, enjoying the humor of the fight.

“Hey,” Geard walked up to me. “Would you mind going on a walk with me?”

“Sure.: I smiled as he extended his hand toward me. I took it and he pulled me up off the couch.


The November air was cold against my face and skin. It was dark and the moon was almost at a full. It was clear out. As I looked at the sky, I could see so many stars and their formations. I shivered harshly.

“Here.” Gerard said, taking off his leather jacket and handed it to me.

“No, you’ll get cold.” I attempted to hand it back to him.

“No,” He pushed it back at me. “I’ll be just fine. I like cold weather.”

“Uh, okay. Thanks.” I smiled as I put it on.

“So,” He started as we walked down the empty street. “Do you still think I’m stalking you?”

“No,” I laughed at my stupidity.

“Good” H smiled, his teeth seemed to glow in the darkness. “Ainsley told me about what all happened with you and your mom.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“How she basically slept with every single guy in Jersey. And how you never knew your dad.” He told me.

“Is that all?” I asked, quietly.

“No,” He replied. “She told me how your mom hit you and you’d go to school with black eyes and bruises.”

“Did she tell you why I had to drop out?” I asked, a little more harshly than I meant to.

He opened his mouth, then stopped. His expression twisted as he thought. Then, finally, he shook his head.

“e were going to be evicted from our shack of a house.” I said, anger started to boil in my blood as I pictured the state of my house and my stupid mother. “And my mom, she didn’t even care. I was the only thing that kept us in that house. Then, I got fire from McDonald’s on my birthday, because I got into a fight with my manager.” Warm tears started to leak down my face.

“Hey,” Gerard placed his hand on my back and rubbed in a circle. “It’s okay, don’t cry.”

“Then,” I tired to keep myself from breaking down. “Then, she kicked me out because I’d lost my job.” I stopped walking and looked at him. “She didn’t even have a job. She’s been killing me on the inside for so long. Even now, I still hurt from it. It hurts more and more every time I think about it.”

More tears started to roll down my cheeks. I clinched my fists. I couldn’t tell if I was angry, or sad. I just wanted to lean on someone and cry. I’d been holding everything in.

“What if,” Gerard pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into his shoulder. “What if, I could make that pain go away?” He said in my ear.

“You?” I whispered. I felt so safe as he held me in his arms. It was such a wonderful feeling.

“Yes,” He said. I shivered from the cool air that came from his house. “I could make all your pain disappear. Would you like that?”

I nodded. “I would like that very much.” I told him.

“Are you sure?” He leaned closer to me. I let myself fall into his hug. I trembled, feeling his breath caress my neck.
Sign up to rate and review this story