Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It Was Just One Night

The Worst Birthday Ever Or The Best?

by i_bleed_neon 1 review

Melody's birthday and a surprise present for her.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-10-04 - Updated: 2010-10-04 - 943 words

0Boring
Melody's POV

This is officially the worst birthday ever. So far not one person has called to wish me a happy birthday. My parents ran out of the house without so much as a goodbye or an I love you. My sister, Alyson, ran off to the mall with her boyfriend, Ryan. My boyfriend, Greyson, called but didn't even mention my birthday. Not even Benji, my cousin and best friend, mentioned the fact that as of today I am seventeen.

I sighed to myself as I came to the conclusion that I am a total loser. I lay on my bed and clicked on my stereo. "Give 'Em Hell Kid" by my all time favorite band, My Chemical Romance, poured through the speakers. The music relaxed me slightly and I closed my eyes, getting lost in Gerard's angelic voice. "Demolition Lovers" began to play when the ring of my cell phone cut through the music. I looked at the caller id to see it was Benji.

"Hello?" I answered, a layer of annoyance clear in my voice.

"Hey my sexy bitch!" he squealed.

"What do you want, Benji?"

"I want you to put on something hot and get over to my house."

"Why should I?"

"Come on Mel. Stop asking questions and just do it."

"Fine. I'll be there soon."

"Bye Mel."

"Bye Benji."

I groaned and pulled myself from my bed. I stalked to my closet and began digging around, trying to find something to wear. I settled on a ripped black mini-skirt, my favorite Green Day tank top, my red hightops, and my new MCR hoodie. I covered my eyelids in red shadow then swiped on a little black eyeliner. I finished my eyes with two coats of black mascara and then straightened my hair. Once I was satisfied I gathered my purse, keys, and ipod then jumped into my car.

I drove straight to Benji's which only took about twenty minutes. I climbed the stairs and knocked on the door but no one answered. I knocked again but yet again there was no answer. I tried the knob and found it unlocked so I went in. The house was dark.

"Benji?" I called out.

"Surprise!"

The lights flicked on and I was surprised to see my family, my boyfriend, and my sister's boyfriend, Ryan, standing there.

"Happy Birthday!" Benji and Alyson yelled, running over and hugging me.

"Awe, guys I love you! I seriously thought you all had forgotten today is my birthday."

"How could we forget your birthday silly?" Alyson questioned.

"I don't know. No one acted like they even knew it was my birthday so, I thought you all forgot."

"Oh honey, we just wanted you to be extra surprised." Benji laughed.

"Happy Birthday, baby." Greyson said, kissing me on the cheek.

"Thanks Greyson."

"Happy Birthday, honey." my mom grinned, hugging me tightly.

Once I had greeted and hugged everyone Benji, Greyson, Alyson, Ryan, and I escaped to Benji's room for a little fun of our own.

"Look what I found." Benji sing-songed. He pulled a bottle of cinnamon schnapps from behind his back.

"Ohhh gimme!" I croaked as I made grabby hands for the bottle.

"Easy Mel." Alyson giggled.

Benji opened the bottle and we began passing it around.

"Oh, I have an idea. Let's play 'I Never'." Ryan suggested.

"Sure. I'll go grab some shot glasses." Benji offered.

He returned a few minutes later. He filled each glass and handed each of us one.

"Okay, I'll start." Benji grinned.

"I never...glued Ms. Jonely to her chair."

Greyson and I groaned and took a shot.

"My turn." I grinned." I never...stole Mrs. Dollar's garden gnomes and took dirty pictures with them."

Benji, Ryan, and Alyson took a shot.

"I never... stole a car." Alyson smirked.

Benji, Ryan, and I took a shot.

"You may not have stolen the car but you sure enjoyed the ride." I smirked back at her and she laughed.

"I never....stripped for my neighbor so he would give me alcohol." Ryan chuckled.

Benji took a shot.

"Hey, don't judge me. That guy was fucking hot and I seem to remember everyone in this room enjoying that alcohol." Benji pointed out. We laughed.

"I never....flashed the delivery guy to get free pizza." Greyson chirped.

Alyson and I laughed as we took a shot.

Thirty minutes later we had run out of ideas and were feeling quite buzzed.

"Present time!" Benji cheered.

"Okay Mel, this is from me and Ryan." Greyson grinned, handing me an envelope.

I smiled and opened the envelope. My jaw dropped when I saw what was inside. There were two tickets to a My Chemical Romance concert for next Friday.

"Oh my gosh! I love you guys so much!" I squealed as I tackled them both in a hug.

"You are welcome." they laughed.

"Our turn. This is from me and Aly." Benji grinned and handed me a small gift bag. I opened it and shrieked.

"You got me backstage passes to meet My Chemical Romance?! I fucking love you guys so much!"

"We knew you would love it." Alyson laughed.

"So, who is going with me?"

"Well, since it is yours and Benji's favorite band we all figured you two could go." Alyson smiled.

Benji and I began jumping around and screaming. We were so excited.

I ended up just staying at Benji's house so I didn't have to drive after drinking. I was so excited I would actually be meeting my heroes. I fell asleep extremely happy that night.


A/N Not sure if I like this one yet but we shall see. :)

xo britt
Sign up to rate and review this story