Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Take Me For What I Am

Change of Perspective

by vampyGee 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-18 - Updated: 2010-10-19 - 1010 words

2Original
~Gerard~



At five o’clock, I walked home in the rain, not even caring if I got soaked, shivering and betting any money I was gong to catch cold, after all, I had on were jeans and a tee shirt. I walked into the front door, to be greeted by warm air, and the TV playing loud from the den.


“Mikey?” I poked my head into the room, to see Mikey joined by another person on the couch, laughing at whatever they were watching on TV, I noticed empty beer cans littered around the coffee table, I flipped on the light.

“Gee?” Mikey giggled up at me, he was clearly drunk, I looked at the boy next to him and my jaw almost dropped, Frank! Lily’s cousin!

“Mikey where is mom and dad!?” I demanded.


“Dad issssssssssss at the offffice.” he slurred. “Mom wont beeee back until late.”


“Your drunk!” I said angrily. “Get to your room now or I will tell Mom!”


“But Gee I just-”


“Now!” I roared, and he sheepishly went upstairs to his room. “How dare you!” I said to Frank, he merely stood up with a small smile on his face, looking me over.


“I dare a lot of things.” he said. “I was just showing Mike how to let loose a little, the boy is so strict on himself.”


“He doesn’t need alcohol to do that.” I said through my teeth. “Now get out!”


He bit his lip, and I noticed a silver tongue ring. “I would leave.” He said. “But it looks like it’s raining outside, or did u just return from a wet t-shirt contest?”


“OUT!” I pointed towards the door.


Hr just shook his head. “Well, you won first place, see ya.” He grinned and walked out the front door.



“Motherfucking shit!” I cursed under my breath. Mikey was not going to start drinking, or do drugs, as long as I stood breathing. And just as I expecting, hours later, I was leaning against the bathroom wall as he puked his guts out into the toilet bowl.


“Gee it hurts!” he whined.


“That’s why you shouldn’t drink.” I told him, as he flushed the toilet and sat against the bath tub, I handed him a bottle of water that he soon chugged. “How do you know Frank anyway?”


“He’s in my class, he’s new this year.” he explained. “How do you know him?”

“Lily’s cousin.” I said, giving him a moment to put two and two together.


“Gerard, I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” his face dropped.


“Like I said Mikey, it doesn’t matter.” I yawned, it was nearly midnight. “Mikes?”


“Yeah?”


“Can you make me some tea?”


“But it’s midnight!” he protested.


“And I just supervised your vomiting while feeling like shit myself, now would you please make me some god dammed tea, because I can’t make it the same way you can?”


“Yes Gerard, sure.” He muttered, going downstairs.





XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





The week went by, and weekend was soon here, I spent most of Saturday in my room, packing for college, until there was a light knock on my door.

“Mikey?” I asked.


“Not exactly.” A voice said, and the door opened to reveal Frank. Dressed in tight black skinny jeans and an oversized hoodie, his hair messy and his brown eyes big, I felt an unfamiliar flutter in my stomach.


“What do you want?” I asked in a bored tone.

“Too share these!” he held up a cookie tin and rattled it, then shut the door and took a seat on my bed next to my suitcase, he opened the tin and drew out a chocolate chip cookie, they smelled incredible.



“No thanks.” I declined.


“What?” he asked.


“I said no thank you.” I repeated for him. “What if you laced it?”


He looked into my eyes, with a serious expression. “I baked you cookies because Mikey told me they were your favorite, I burnt my hand getting the tray out of the oven, I’m not going to be able to play guitar for several weeks until my hand heals, and I wanted to apologize, and all you can do is accuse me of lacing your cookies?”



“I………….I’m sorry.” I said, sitting down next to him on the bed, I noticed his right hand was bandaged, he placed the cookie in my hand, I slowly bit into it. “Very good.”


“Thank you.” he said. “And I’m sorry, for insulting you at the comic shop, and for getting Mikey drunk…………it was out of line.”


“It was.” I said, finishing the cookie, damn it tasted like heaven.


“Mikey explained everything to me.” He said. “I feel like such a dumbass.”



“Don’t worry, I get worse.” I told him, and started putting more things in my suitcase.


“You shouldn’t.” he said. “There are people that would kill for your looks.”


“Sure.” I said, biting back a laugh.


“I’m serious.” he said. “Want another cookie?”


“Maybe later, I’m trying to cut back on junk food and lose weight.” I informed him. I finished packing the rest of my things and zipped my suitcase shut, hauling it off my bed and onto the floor, I looked up to see Frank intently watching me. “ What?” I said nervously.


He stood up from the bed, walking over to stand in front of me, looking me dead in the eyes, his eyes were like chocolate honey, I could get lost in them.


“Gerard.” he whispered steadily. “Your whole life, people have said nothing but negative things to you haven’t they?” he asked. I stood motionless. “Haven’t they?” he repeated louder.


“Yes.” I whispered.


“They are wrong Gerard.” he looked into my eyes. “Sorely wrong.” and with that he walked out of bedroom door, just as I felt another migraine starting.













Ok, please tell me what you think, the next chapter will be set on Halloween!!!!!! or as some of you may call it Ieroween!
Sign up to rate and review this story