Categories > Original > Drama > The Forgotten

A Stormy Morning

by MCRmygirl 3 reviews

Even before the bell, things can go wrong.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-10-23 - Updated: 2010-10-23 - 588 words

-1TrainWreck

Maddy-
   I walked into History with my head held high. That was my first mistake. Almost immediately I was met with whispers by the Juniors and giggles from the Sophomores. Wonderful.
   I took a seat at the back of the room, far away from everyone else, and began surveying my surroundings. 
   One door, far side of the room. Three windows, one to the hallway, two leading outside. Second floor, stable tree outside nearest window.
   That was something I always did, find all the exits in a room in case I had to escape. After once being locked in a dark attic and having an asthma attack, I now always made sure that I could get out if the need presented itself. I was paranoid, and I was okay with that.
   There was still five minutes to the bell when someone cleared their throat. Sitting in the seat that had been vacant just a moment ago was a boy.
   "Hi. I'm guessing this is your first year here?" he asked me, his dark eyes boring into mine. 
   "Yeah. It's that obvious, huh?" I mumbled, bringing a chuckle from him. 
   "Yeah, kind of," he answered, running his hand through his shaggy, shoulder-length, dark brown hair. "You sat by yourself, which was the first clue. And you drew attention to yourself when Shila was in the room, which was like a big blinking light. No biggy, though. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm Adrian, by the way."
   "I'm Maddy," I answered, shaking his hand. "Thanks for talking to me, by the way. I don't know anyone around here. It'll be great to know someone."
   "Hey, no problem. I'm kind of an outcast, though. You'll probably get teased if you hang with me."
   I laughed, his comment catching me by surprise. "Well, I guess we have something in common! We're fellow outcasts!" 
   Adrian smiled at me, his white teeth glinting. He opened his mouth to speak, but the bell rang and he turned to face the teacher, who was busy introducing himself as Proffesor Desmos.
   As soon as Adrian's eyes were off me, I sighed and sank down in my chair. Adrian was HOT!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kerri-
   It was pretty early. The busses had dropped us off early despite the raging wind, and all I could do was sit and wait for Christian to get there.
   Mr. Adams, my Language Arts teacher, was busy organizing papers that were already strewn across the top of his desk. I hopped up from my desk to help him.
   "Thank you, Miss Collins," he said after I caught a bottle of water before it hit the floor. "How was your summer?" 
   I mumbled a summary of my vacation- lying around listening tonMy Chemical Romance- and sat down as the bell rang. Where was Christian?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Christian-
   The wind was blowing pretty hard still as Ray struggled to keep the old truck on the road. The rain that had started pouring down in sheets just moments before completely obscured his vision. 
   "Careful, girl," Ray muttered, stroking the dash of the truck. "Just a little farther." 
   I shivered, thoroughly terrified by the absence of sight. We inched along in the freezing truck, Ray cussing and me praying. I whipped out my cellphone, only to find out that my battery's dead. Great. 
   "Ray, pull over. Now. We'll wait it out. You're going to get us killed."
   My brother grunted his agreement, but at that moment, a huge jolt sent my head towards the dash. I heard Ray scream, glass shatter, and everything went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story