Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > A Door that Opens and Closes

Little Lion man

by Lue95 1 review

(songfic chapter) Matt and Mello are having a little trouble seeing as Matt is now in the depressed mode from his mother. But what if something changes their relationship forever.

Category: Death Note - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2010-10-24 - Updated: 2010-10-25 - 1738 words

0Unrated
Author's note: I decided to use the song "Little Lion Man" By Mumford and sons to describe this situation with Matt and Mello. I do not own the song or characters except OCC.

Ch 11: Little Lion Man

weep for yourself, my man,
you'll never be what is in your heart
weep little lion man,
you're not as brave as you were at the start
rate yourself and rape yourself,
take all the courage you have left
wasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head


I sighed as I held Kai, my dear little brother now being fifth-teen months old. My aunt and uncle took custody of him since my father was unfit as a parent after my mother died. "Mattie Matt?" Kai said as he held my goggles putting them on his head. "Yes?" I asked, feeling sad for some odd reason, maybe I was depressed from my mother's death who knew. But, all I knew was that, I did not feel better about yelling at my mother's funeral.

For a while I played it like that, acted proud but after a while, I just, couldn't keep the smile. The next thing I knew was turning back into my old self. Acting like an ass and ignoring everyone except Kai. And that included my dear Mello, he'd come over everyday and I'd just yell at him to leave and he'd just sigh and walk away.

I knew it hurt him, I knew it was, but I continued to do it, until he just, stopped coming over. But I had to get myself straight, I can't just allow Mello to make everything better for me. I have to at some point fix myself, "You okay?" Kai said patting my forehead and I nodded, his small head tilting. "Mattie Matt where's Mello Yellow?" He asked playing with his hands as he put my goggles on my head.

but it was not your fault but mine
and it was your heart on the line
i really fucked it up this time
didn't I, my dear?


I shrugged my shoulders unsure of how to reply to my little brother. "Let's go see him?" Kai asked jumping up and down in my lap. My poor Mello, I wonder if he even wanted to see me, and if he did I'm sure he'd think it was his fault i'm acting this way. Which is not true, I love Mello and It was not his fault, it was all mine. Nodding I stood up putting Kai on the floor, "You know what, why not go see him?" I said, knowing this would be my excuse to see him.

Which might have been pathetic but I needed him, my Mello, I needed to at least say I was sorry to him, for hurting him. "Yay! Mello Yellow! Mello Yellow!" Kai yelled as I put a jacket on his small body. "Alright, let's put on your shoes," I said as Kai plopped on the ground letting me slip his shoes on tying them.

Standing him up I slipped on my own shoes going out the door, Kai running after me. "Mattie Matt!" Kai yelled as we walked, "yes?" I said listening to my brother talk though it made no sense.

Finally we came to the apartments, seeing a small trailer. "Hm, someone must be moving," I said seeing the driver in the front seat of the car. The first person to come to mind was Mello, since he had blonde hair and green eyes, but this man, the way he glared at me, disturbed me. In a way that my own father would, and I found myself clutching my brother's hand. "Mattie Matt?" I heard Kai say as I stared at the man, his eyes so cold looking as he sneered looking away from me.

"Mello Yellow!" I heard Kai yelled coming back from my trance turning my head seeing him. I smiled and he smiled weakly back holding a large box. "Oh here, let me help you," I said letting go of Kai's hand taking the box. "Thanks," He mumbled quietly, my heart pounding in anxiety. "So he is mad," I thought looking down for a moment, "wheres the box going?" I asked trying to keep a conversation or something.

"In there," he said pointing to the trailer behind me, I turned placing the box on top of another. "So you helping someone move?" I asked and turned back to Mello and he frowned, "come on," he said picking up Kai guiding me to his apartment. "Gabby!" Mello called handing Kai to her.

tremble for yourself, my man,
you know that you have seen this all before
tremble little lion man,
you'll never settle any of your score
your grace is wasted in your face,
your boldness stands alone among the wreck
learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck


I waved to Kai as I followed Mello to his room surprised to see that it was empty except his bed. "M-Mello?" I said and he turned around tears brimming his green eyes. "Matt," He choked out as he hugged my waist sobbing into my shirt. "W-wait, what's happening?" I said my heart beating faster and faster feeling the attack coming. The one where my anger would explode, "I have to go, m-my mom and dad got custody again." That was right, Mello lived with Gabby, a foster family.

My heart skipped a beat my chest clutching as I made fists holding onto Mello's shirt. "N-no," I said, abandonment. He was leaving me, abandoning me, alone all alone. Like everyone else, "I'm sorry," he said and I grabbed his shoulders roughly holding him away from me. "No!" I yelled pushing him onto the bed, "You didn't tell them your mine?" I yelled, my voice going louder by the minute.

"Matt," Mello said softly his hand caressing my cheek. I sniffed as I leaned down, "why didn't you tell them?" I questioned, probably not making any sense. "Because, it wouldn't have helped anything," Mello said and I punched the mattress next to his head. "How do you know?!" I demanded and Mello bit his lip. "I thought, that, you didn't love me anymore, so, so," he said his lip trembling.

tremble for yourself, my man,
you know that you have seen this all before
tremble little lion man,
you'll never settle any of your score
your grace is wasted in your face,
your boldness stands alone among the wreck
learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck


My fist trembled as I looked down at the blonde a smirk revealing itself on my face. "M-matt?" Mello said and I crashed my lips down on his. "What are you doing?" Mello said and I covered his mouth. "I'm going to give you what you've always wanted Mello. What everyone's wanted." I said as I uncovered his mouth a shocked face displayed on mello.

"What?!" He screamed as I crashed my lips onto his again running my hands roughly up his shirt. "N-no!" He said a small moan escaping his pale lips as I ran my thumb over his nipple. I continued to smirk as I licked the base of neck to this shoulder. Biting sharply the skin breaking a little. "F-fuck," Mello panted out as I licked up the blood soothing the bite.

"St-stop!" Mello demanded as I pulled the shirt off his head, "what? Don't like it?" I spoke hoarsely as I unbuttoned Mello's pants, feeling his hands cover mine. "Matt," he spoke softly, "don't," he said and I grabbed the back of his head pulling the blonde strands. Mello gritted his teeth, "I'll do whatever I damn well please," I said pushing him pack onto the bed pulling his pants down.

I licked my lips as I rubbed Mello's crotch his hips thrusting up slightly. "I-I said stop!" Mello yelled throwing his fist at my face, I felt it hit my cheek as I went backwards falling off of Mello's bed. "You fucker! I said stop!" He screamed as I rubbed my sore cheek, coming to my senses.

but it was not your fault but mine
and it was your heart on the line
i really fucked it up this time
didn't I, my dear?


Looking at Mello it was the first time that I really realized that Mello was still crying. "M-Mello?" I said and he walked over to me sitting on my lap his hands on my shoulders. "Matt," he said choking on a sob as he hugged me. "I don't want to go," he yelled through his tears, "I'm sorry, so sorry," he spoke as I held him.

"Why are you sorry?" I said trembling, "because, I said I wouldn't leave you, I love you, and now, now, I'm leaving and there's nothing I can do." Mello said so quietly, and I pressed my nose to his blonde hair. "It's not your fault, I'm sorry Mello, I hurt you so much, and I am just, a horrible person to hurt your heart." I spoke and he looked up at me laying a hand on my cheek kissing me softly.

"Mihael!" I heard someone yell and Mello jumped up from my lap going to his bed putting his shirt and pants back on. "That's my father," Mello said going to his door, "We may never see each other again," He said turning his head. "I know, but, if anything happens, call me, and I promise i'll com get you." I said hugging the small blonde to my chest, "I love you," I said and Mello opened his door. "I love you, and always will," and then, My blonde was gone, maybe forever, maybe i'd see him again.


Author note: Basically the first verse is about how Matt is fussing over this anxious thoughts that have been destroying his relationship with Mello. Then when Kai brings him up Matt takes all the rest of his courage to see him. The second verse is about how Matt hopes Mello isn't beating himself up with the situation. Third verse is where Matt sees abandonment which he has felt so many more times before.And now he is losing himself and trembles at Mello and loses his anger. Fourth is where Mello leaves and Matt makes sure he knows it isn't his fault.
Sign up to rate and review this story