Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Halo

A Little Date

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki takes Anna out on a date to clear her head. Meanwhile, Becky sees Anna and Tsuzuki together across the street. Lyrics by the Smiths

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2010-10-25 - Updated: 2010-10-26 - 1038 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Sixteen: A Little Date:

The next night changed moods. Tsuzuki wanted to take Anna’s mind off of Asmodeus. / Why not a little date?/, the man thought. He used work as an excuse to do so. Hisoka and Watari didn’t buy it, but they humored him anyway. After a little persuasion with Anna, the couple was out the door.

“Where do you want to go first?” Tsuzuki asked his date. Anna looked at him.

“So, I’m picking tonight?” she asked.

“Yeah,” Tsuzuki said with a nod. Anna thought about her options as she looked around the busy city. /So many people out tonight/, she observed. Finally, a spot caught her eye.

“There,” she said pointing. “I want to go there.” Tsuzuki looked out to see a karaoke bar. The shinigami nodded.

“Okay, we can do that” he said. Tsuzuki himself felt over the moon when Anna began to smile. They walked into Keiko’s Karaoke Bar. The place was starting to fill up tonight as the couple eyed their surroundings.

“So, want a private room?” Tsuzuki asked. Anna looked up smirking.

“Depends,” she said.

“On what?” Tsuzuki asked with an eyebrow raised.

Anna gave him a rather devilish look in her eye. “On how private you want to be!” she announced. She cuddled up close to her lover. Her hands caressed along his chest. Tsuzuki lightly pushed her off.

“Now, now, easy there,” he said, “We’ll get to that later.” Anna gave him a little pout.

“Promise?” she questioned in a whimper. He kissed her on the forehead.

“Yes, I really do,” he answered. Anna smiled and straightened herself up. Tsuzuki ordered the room and got the key. The couple came to room 130 and Tsuzuki unlocked the door. He let Anna walk through first.

“You first,” she offered. Tsuzuki gave her a look.

“Why me?” he asked. His beloved shrugged.

“Felt like it,” she replied, “Unless you’re scared!” The shinigami shook his head.

“Fine, fine,” he said as he walked over to the machine. Anna took a seat on the couch as Tsuzuki waited for the music to start up. He sang “Tanko Bushi” in a slow soft tone, almost too slow for the machine to keep up. Anna watched with a blank stare.

/Isn’t it supposed to be a bit faster?/, she thought. The woman didn’t complain; Tsuzuki was enjoying himself after all. He finished the song with a 6.6 score.

“That all?” Anna asked. Tsuzuki eyed her sharply.

“Then you give it a try,” he challenged her.

“I think I will!” she said with a smile. The woman rose to her feet and walked over to the machine. Anna looked through the songs in a shuffle. One in particular caught her eye and she punched in the buttons. Tsuzuki sat back as the music started up. Anna took in a breath and started to sing.

/ punctured bicycle
On a hillside desolate
Will nature make a man of me yet?

When in this charming car
This charming man

Why pamper life's complexity
When the leather runs smooth
On the passenger seat?

I would go out tonight
But I haven't got a stitch to wear
This man said "It's gruesome that someone so handsome should care"

A jumped up pantry boy
Who never knew his place
He said "return the ring"
He knows so much about these things
He knows so much about these things

I would go out tonight
But I haven't got a stitch to wear
This man said "It's gruesome that someone so handsome should care"
Na, na-na, na-na, na-na, this charming man ...
Na, na-na, na-na, na-na, this charming man ...

A jumped up pantry boy
Who never knew his place
He said "return the ring"
He knows so much about these things
He knows so much about these things
He knows so much about these things>/

Tsuzuki recognized the song.

Anna has this on her Ipod/, he thought, /She told me this was the song that Henry played in his car on their first date! Now that he thought of it, Anna did look emotionally drawn into the song. Her heart seemed to ache as she sang every word. Anna came back to a warmer place when the song ended.

“Whew!” she said. The woman looked at her score.

“Five!” she exclaimed. Tsuzuki laughed as Anna playfully hit him on the arm.

“Shut up!” she exclaimed. The shinigami kept laughing while Anna sat back and playfully pouted.

Across the street, Becky and girls were having dinner. They were on day two of their break from searching for Anna. Despite this, Becky just couldn’t let it go. She looked forlorn out the window. The leader knew something didn’t sit well with this picture. Becky sighed with her breath fogging the glass. /If only there was some clue…/, she thought.

Suddenly, something caught her eye. Becky happened to look out the sushi restaurant window and see Anna across the street cuddling with Tsuzuki. She seemed to be in flirty mood with the shinigami and laughing. Becky had to blink many times. That was her missing friend, but who was that guy she was with?

“Guys!” Becky yelled, “I think I see Anna!” The others girls looked up.

“Where?” Amy asked.

“Out there!” Becky yelled as she pointed out the window. The girls looked and saw nothing.

“I don’t see her,” Gillian said.

“Huh?” Becky asked as she looked out the window. Anna and Tsuzuki were gone. Becky blinked.

“I saw her with some guy a minute ago!” she whimpered. Clare patted her on her shoulder.

“You’re stressed, just relax and enjoy the day off,” she said.

“But…” the leader said in a small voice.

“Just relax,” Clare repeated. Becky sat back in silence. Clare and the girls went back to talking. The leader looked out the window and sighed.

/I know I saw her!/, she thought. Then, something else filed her mind.

Come to think of it/, Becky thought, That guy with Anna looked rather familiar…/ Her thoughts kept building up in head.

As couple walked away to pick dinner and find hotel, Asmodeus timed his plan. He trailed them all the way through the whole date.
Sign up to rate and review this story