Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Awaking Into Dreams

by Moribund 3 reviews

Blood everywhere, I’m consumed by pain.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-30 - Updated: 2010-10-30 - 1436 words - Complete

3Exciting
Franks point of view

Dreams, a thousand colourless dreams, each one a memory that I thought was long forgotten. They swam in front of my eyes, making me sad, making me happy, and making me wonder what lay ahead now that all seemed lost. Every now and then the torturous memories came back to haunt me; blood everywhere, I’m consumed by pain, seeing the overwhelming fear in my darlings eyes. Slowly, steadily, I became aware again; my body was numb, my mouth was dry, and all of the sounds around me were muffled and echoed; distorted out of recognition. I slowly opened my eyes, only to be forced to close them again when dazzled by a bright, pure whiteness surrounding me. Attempting to move, I found my arms were heavy, but I could easily move my fingers; they closed around something, something soft, warm and comforting. A hand, someone was holding my hand, Gerard?

“Frankie?” A muffled voice whispered beside me.

I let out a groan to show that I could hear them, too weak and sleepy to form words yet. I struggled to sit up and open my eyes, but a firm hand pushed me down gently.

“Frankie relax, you’re okay now, it’s over.”

For third time, I attempted to open my eyes, succeeding this time. Squinting into the whiteness around me, waiting for it to become clearer, more defined. The person that was sitting next to me came into focus.

“Mikey...” I rasped.

“Shush, steady Frank, you’ve been asleep for two days, give yourself a chance to wake up properly.” He said softly.

Letting my eyes wander around the room, there was an array of ‘get well soon’ cards on the bedside table and a bunch of flowers too, the bed sheets were a crisp blue, but other than that colour the whole room was a bleached white canvas, as if it were waiting for me to paint it with my blood, if I had enough left that was actually mine. There were only two chairs; one next to the bed, where Mikey sat, and the other in the far right corner of the room. Gerard sat stiffly in the chair, his eyes darting between Mikey and me, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

Managing to get his attention, I gave him a pleading look to come stand beside me. He did so, gently stroking my cheek before leaning down and nervously kissing it. I gave him a discreet smile and turned back to Mikey.

“How did I get here?” I asked him, my voice croaky.

“I found you on my doorstep, passed out and covered in blood, the trail led back to the big oak in the park where we found a load of salt scattered on the ground and your backpack. We, well the cops too, guessed you staggered to mine ‘cause we’re between the park and the hospital and you’d never had made it all the way.”

“Oh...” I let the information sink in; I didn’t remember trying to get to Mikey’s house, how the fuck did I get there? Something clicked in my head and I looked over to Gerard questioningly.

“I-I didn’t know what to do; there was blood everywhere, I thought you were d-dead.” Stuttering, he ran a shaky hand through his hair. “I started c-carrying you to the hospital, but I realised that’d look pretty damn creepy if you j-j-just floated in there, y’know? So I laid you down on M-Mikey’s doorstep and thumped on the door.”

Biting my lip, I fell silent, everyone was silent. Only the steady bleeping of the heart monitor and the buzz of activity of the hospital on the other side of the door could be heard. We stayed like that for a while; I don’t know how long exactly, Gerard and Mikey each holding onto one of my hands. Eventually Mikey struck up light conversation with me, relating the rumours that had flown round school in the one day I had been unconscious in a hospital bed. Apparently, I had been attacked by a crazy band of wannabe morticians, and had been cut open alive so they could look at my insides, and that I was now in a coma that doctors think I will never wake from.

Hah, they wish.

After about an hour or so of chatting, joking, and thumb wars, a sweet little nurse came in to tell Mikey that visiting hours were over, I was sad, he was sad, and he pulled me into a firm, loving embrace before reluctantly leaving.

Once we were alone, Gerard practically threw himself on me and kissed me deeply, his hands caressing my face. I wrapped my arms around him, careful not to pull him in too close as my chest was sore, despite the pain killers pumping around my body. His mouth was warm and welcoming, and as we massaged our tongues together, I could have sworn I sensed the essence of life emanating from him. But I don’t mean life as in being alive, it was something more, it captivated all the emotions that one can feel and more, and the passion from him infused into me, giving me this urge, this driving force to live to the full, not to waste a second. Maybe that’s why I met Gerard; to give me purpose, to make life be worth something again.

He pulled back from me after a few minutes; carefully laying himself beside me, he wrapped one arm underneath my shoulders, the other resting across my belly, holding my hand. Resting his forehead against mine, he gazed into my eyes with his tear-stained ones. He had been crying as we kissed, but I had failed to notice at the time. Reaching a hand up, I brushed the tears away, and pressed a chaste kiss on his parted pink lips.

“What happened?” I queried.

“Well, I was still angry and upset because of what you said, but I wanted to watch over you anyway, to keep you safe from harm. So anyway, I was watching you exorcise that stubborn guy, when all of a sudden a lost spirit showed up, a huge hairy beast it was, kinda ugly too. Now usually, they don’t pay much attention to people, but I’m guessing you could see it, right?”

“Yeah, but only the shape, it was almost transparent.”

“Okay, so you could see it but not well enough to realise what it is.”

“What is it?”

“I’ll explain in a moment. Where was I? Oh yeah, it lumbered towards you and whacked you across the park, you went flying man, I was so scared you were dead, but then I saw you move. It was about to go in for the kill so I stepped out from the shadows I was hiding in and...” he trailed off, a befuddled frown on his perfect little face.

“And what?” I asked.

“I’m not quite sure, I didn’t do it intentionally, it just happened. I emitted this high pitched noise, like a dog whistle, and it turned its attention towards me instead, giving you time to exorcise it.”

That explained a lot; the ringing in my ears was in fact Gerard saving my life, man, I owed him big time. But I still had a couple of questions for him.

“So what was that thing, you called it a ‘lost spirit’, was it from another dimension or something?”

Gerard sighed, stroking my face gently.

“Yeah, lost spirits; so called because they have lost their purpose, that is what a ghost turns into if we don’t get fulfilled. I’m not sure of their motives for going after mediators and psychics et cetera, but I think it may be something to do with revenge for not helping them pass on.”

“Okay." I frowned, then another question sprung to mind, "But ho-”

“Shush Frankie.” Gerard said firmly, “You need rest, not answers right now. I’m going back to my tree, I’ll visit tomorrow, and you must sleep now.”

He started to head for the door, not opening it but rather shimmering through it instead.

“Wait!” I cried “Please don’t leave, stay here with me.” I begged.

“Frank,” he hesitated, “Only if you promise to sleep.”

“I promise, just don’t leave me alone.”

He sat down on the chair beside my bed, and smiled reassuringly to me.

“I’ll never leave you honey.” He whispered.

How did he know where Mikey lived?
Sign up to rate and review this story