Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is Where It Starts

I Guess You Will

by kenzoid 1 review

Gerard and Babette are both keeping secrets, but not just from each other.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-01 - Updated: 2010-11-01 - 492 words - Complete

2Exciting
BABETTE
I walked into the classroom on time this morning. I was actually early. Devin was still perfecting my stage and only a handful of students were at their stools. I peered around and saw Gerard. He was easy to look over. I gave him a little wave to catch his attention and he looked up. I gave a friendly smile and his head immediately shot back down. I frowned and put my stuff down.

By the time the rest of the class was in, I was already nude and posing. Today I was standing and holding a violin as if I was playing it. As I stared at the rich, honey colored wood, my mind began to wander.

It wandered off to the restricted section of my memory, the one I never let myself revisit. I came back to that night, with my father. The sound of the violins all in perfect harmony had still been playing softly in my head. What a beautiful opera it had been. But that man…and his knife. So sharp, I didn’t feel a thing…

“Babs!” Devin snapped. I started, awakening from my near trance. “You can get dressed now. We’ve finished early today.” He said calmly.

Before I put my clothes back on, I looked around at the kids. Most were snickering; others were just waiting to be dismissed. But that Gerard kid was eyeing me. It was as if he could see right through my skin and into the pool of lies lying behind it. I looked away and set the violin down before hurriedly putting my clothes back on.

Once again, I stayed back to help Devin clear up. Or actually, to clear up for Devin. Gerard lingered back, too.

“Hey.” I smiled, trying to be as friendly as possible. A corner of his mouth twitched a little. This was like trying to be friendly to a brick wall.

“So what’s up?” I asked.

“I just wanted to show you what I drew today.” He said as casually as possible. I felt a rush of excitement.

“Cool! Lay it on me!” I said. He opened his sketchbook and revealed his most recent masterpiece.

Once again, he captured every detail wondrously. Everything looked great, except for the expression of my face. I looked so sad, on the verge of tears even. My eyebrows were furrowed and my mouth in a hard frown.

“Did I really look that upset?” I said, turning away from the drawing.

“Yeah…what were you thinking about up there?” he asked.

“Nothing. Just something that happened a long time ago…” I said, my voice trailing off. Once again I could see he wasn’t satisfied with my answer. But hey, if he was going to be mysterious, so was I.

“Oh, well…I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said.

“I guess you will.” I replied. Then I watched as he hurried out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story