Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Bipolar

Caught a Little Sneeze

by Noizchild 0 reviews

After talking with Pete on the phone, Rose decides to take action with her plans.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-11-01 - Updated: 2010-11-02 - 416 words - Complete

0Unrated
Caught a Little Sneeze:

My work just keeps piling up. I have Lola adding details to her ridiculous wedding on one ear and BRM's demanding schedule in my other one. I force myself to smile and keep working, but even that's starting crack. I can't even remember not wanting to scream at someone. I just bury myself in my notes and articles.

This morning, my cell phone rang. I answered with a full swing of my arm. "Hello!" I almost shouted.

"Rosie, are you okay?" a man's voice asked. Stress receded into embarrassment for me.

"Petey? I didn't know it was you!"

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Uh... yeah, yeah! I'm good!"

Silence on the other line. Oh crap, he's not buying it! I nervously laughed.

"Are you sure?" I heard him ask.

I sighed in defeat at last. "No, I'm not okay."

"The wedding again?"

"Yeah and work."

"Oh."

"I can't talk now. I'm working right now."

"Can I call you later?"

"I'll have to see."

"I'll show you a text tonight, okay?"

I looked down at my desk, feeling guilty all of a sudden. "Sure, whatever you want."

"Look, I just want you to be happy."

"I will be. I just need to survive work and all will be fine in my world!"

"You promise?"

"Yep. And I'll make it all worth the wait! But for right now, bye."

"Love you."

"Love you too." We hung up. I looked sank back into my chair and looked up at up the ceiling. Who was I kidding? It was going to take more than a damn miracle to keep my sanity through all of this. Even that would take work in itself.

Then, I remembered my ticket to get me through this. I looked around for a brief second before I opened my desk drawer. I still had the divorce lawyer's perspiration with me. I took it out inch by inch and unfolded it. I had to squint my eyes to read the handwriting. Looks harmless enough. Maybe a sample won't hurt. I just really needed anything to get out of this mess that was piling up around me.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming up behind me. I shoved the note back into my drawer, shut it tight, and pretended to be working again. I counted down the footsteps as they passed me by. I think I nearly wet myself.

That does it! I'm getting the damn pills after work!

Don't Get it Twisted, Don't Get Clever
Sign up to rate and review this story