Categories > Original > Romance > Love and Death

March

by jadesohma 0 reviews

lallalala

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-11-05 - Updated: 2010-11-06 - 762 words

0Unrated
It's been three months since we took in Rachel. Work has gotten weirder. Lucky has been snifing around me like I'm a worm. He's been asking me questions. He's being really weird. I don't like it.

Rachel has gotten much better. She has gained color and her own hair has grown back. It's short and down to her sholders. Her breast and behind have grown. I've tryed not to notice. But like the day I saw her, I couldn't keep my eyes off. I feel like a pig because of it, but what can I do? I'm just a man.

I walk through the door after a long tiring day of work. The house smelled of broth and chicken. These smells have never came together so....perfectly in this house before. And another sent I have never smelled.

"What is that?" I close my eyes to allow me to taste it too.

"knodel!" Rachels voice called. "Their better than they sound!" She laughs loudly.

"Come in dear!" Mama waves to me to come inside.

"So I'm actally allowed in the kitchen now?" It is true. I've never been in the kitchen wile mama was cooking.

"Just this once." Mama kissed me on the cheek as I look around to see what's for dinner. I see the chicken and Rachel maning the soup. I see in the pot things flouting. They had no color and little black dots.

"Um...."

"Those are the knodel! Here, try this small one." She takes out a fork and poke one with it. I looked at her. "Well, open up!" I open my mouth slightly. She shoves it in. It was soft and fluffy. It was salty and tasted like the broth.

"Mmmmm" I mumble. It was better than it looked/sounded.

"I told you so!" She sang.

"What can I say? You were right." I shrug.

"Rance, be a dear and set the table." Mama said to me.

I begin to place the dishes when I heard yelling out side. I slowly move twords the door. When I open it I see over 100 Jews marching. They all looked like a cloud of gray. It looked of death. It smells of dirt, grime, and crust. Their faces look as if this would be their last day to live. Moans came from them as their feet lift barley from the paved streets.

"Rance whats going-" Rachel started. She broke off once she saw them. She hid her face and dug it into my chest. I hold her as she cries. I watch them again. Some look at me and their eyes scream out to me to help. I look at them with sympathetic eyes. They saw me holding Rachel. I looked up to stop myself from crying. The sky was gray and it drizzled. The zombies moved. I stayed still.

"Hey, Rance!" Lucky's voice boomed. Shit. "Hey! Over here!" I turn to him.

"Hey Lucky..." I say. Rachel lifted her head and wiped her eyes.

"And who is this?" He asked looking at Rachel. He bowed and kissed her hand.

"I am Angela." I look at her for a second then relize that was our story. "Rances Mama was so kind to give me home when I hadn't any. I'm very greatful."

"Yes, Mrs. Lankford is an amzing women. She was great when me and Rance grew up together. But why were you crying?" He asked. Shit. He noticed.

"It's just sad is all." she said looking at the crowd.

"Yeah, they are sad and pathetic." He laughs at them "GO FASTER!" Lucky screams and whips a man in his 30's.

"No, no, no. It's sad how they're treated." She looks at them as if it's the first time.

"HA! Why? It's just scum." Lucky laughs at Rachel.

"How? How are they diffrent than us?" She asks him simply.

"Just look at them their-"

"How did they get that way? Weren't they shaved? Weren't they given tattoos when their religion forbids it? Weren't they give little to no food? Are there showers were they're kept? Are there clean beds for them to sleep? Are there even beds? They look like normal people if they had more meat on their bones and hair on their scalps, don't they?" She crocks her head sideways.

Lucky looked at them. "I don't see it." He shrugs. "Sorry, got to go." He waves us good bye. Rachel made a 'ugh' sound with her mouth still open, she spun on her heels.

"He's a jackass!" Rachel yelled.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing just set the table!"
Sign up to rate and review this story