Categories > Original > Romance > Love and Death

Shopping....

by jadesohma 0 reviews

lallala

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-11-08 - Updated: 2010-11-09 - 1675 words

0Unrated
"Rance" Lucky asked me the next day in the office. This time, I'm doing his work. "What's going on between you and Angela?"

"Nothing." I say a little too quickly.

"Then why were you holding her yesterday? Huh? I wouldn't hold a girl if I didn't like her or was attracted to her. So tell your good old best friend Lucky." He leaned aboved my sholder. I smack him with his paper work. "Ow! What was that for? I think you cut me!" He rubs his face.

"Then leave me alone. I'm doing your paper work so you can keep your job. I'll be happy to let you do it on your own." I say handing his paper work to him.

"I'll do it bye meself if you tell me what's going on between you two." He gambles with nothing. I might as well play along. "Fine. If you get that finished, I'll tell you." His face lightens up. "Deal!" He spins in his chair to face his own desk.

Not even a minute later...

"Rance....what's this word?" He points to the paper.

"Assembled, Lucky, assembled." I sake my head at him. As I said before, not the smartest man in Germany.

Around 6ish.....

"I'm done! Now tell me!" He slams every thing down. I would laugh if ink got all over the papers.

"You want to know?" I ask, stringing him along.

"Hell yeah! I just sat through hours of paper work! Spit it out!" He bounces like a school child about to get candy.

"You really want to know." Now i'm giving the effect that we're sleeping together.

"Just tell me, asshole!" He demaned of me.

I laugh. "Nothing." He goes still.

"No! Lier! Tell me! I'm your best friend! You can tell me!" He pleeds and begs. Although I am telling the truth, wish I wasn't.




"What took you so long?!" Rachel yelled as I enterd through the door.

"I was working. So sorry. Someone had to raise the money Mama likes to spend." I smile as I say thing knowing Mama was glaring.

"Speaking of, we're going to spend more of that money tonight. Rachel needs new clothes. More than that god awful dress you picked out."I liked that dress... Would you like to come with us?" Mama asked coldly after my coment.

Rachel hangs on my arm. "Please Rance! After all ,wouldn't you like to know where your money is going?" She jokes yet I do want to know.

"Alright. Fine."

"Yay! We're going shopping! We're going shopping!" Rachel sang. "First time in three years!" We are going to have fun spending your money!" She leans her back on my chest and looks up to me. "It's going to be fun! Who knows, maybe you could get something. All you wear is your uniform! You need new clothes too!" I look down past her smiling face to my shirt. Do I really have no life?




"Are you driving, Rance?" Rachel asked as she smelled fresh air that didn't have a hint of death.

"See is how Mama's license was taken away for recklessness, yes, I am." I inform her as I open the door for Mama.

"I don't think that was rightful! I only ramed that man because he cut me off. No harm it that, right?" Mama said sweetly sitting pin straight with purse in lap.

Rachel laughs so hard. She grabes her sides and bends over. Her hair flys back and forth as she rocks. "Mama! How could you?" She laughs again. Mama just sat there and explained how he cut her off.

"So where are we going?" I ask. I've been driving with no idea where to go.

"Oh just go to the small shope on April, dear. I like there stuff. I think you will too Ra- Angela. The have pretty things for young women."

"Alright Mama." I obey her. They just talk about girl stuff. I drive and block them out. Until I feel someone slap my arm. "Slow down! Your going to miss it!"

It's a small corner shope. I can see from the window it's mostly pink inside. All the racks are filled with dresses. I small section is in blue and has mens clothes. There are some things that would look pretty on Rachel.

"Come on!" Rachel pulled me into the pink store.

A blonde women in her 40's came up to us when the bell rang. Her hands were meshed together and a wide fake smile on her face. "Why hello there. Can I help you with anything?" She noded to each of us.

"Yes. I need some new clothes for my Daughter -in-law. She dresses like shes my age." Wait! Rewinded! Did she just say daughter-in-law? She does not have a daughter-in-law! Rachel and I both look at Mama. "Oh, sorry future daughter-in-law."

That didn't help. "Congrats! When's the big day?!" The doll-like woman said.

"Um-Er-Ugh-"

"We don't know yet. He just proposed yesterday. Such a romantic boy, he is. Now he wants to buy a whole new wardrobe."

"Oh how sweet. We'll congrats again and lets get started shall we?" The plastic wmen took a hold of Rachel and they started to browes. I looked around the men's section but nothing really yelled out to me. So I go to a chair near the dressing room. I start to think about what Mama said. Is that what she wanted or is that just a story she came up with. We didn't have any other story. But what possesed her to use that one? Was that on her mind? Does she want me to propose to Rachel? Then I think of what had happend at the house a few short months ago. I had carried her like my bride and I even thought so myself.

"Rance! How do I look?" With all this thiking and recalling, I had lost track of what Rachel and Mama were doing. I look up to Rachel in a light pink dress with sleeves down to her elbows, a length to her knees and a layer of the pink fadric over the softer tool.

Then I notice on her right arm, gaze. Her whole shown arm are in gaze. She had no notice of it. She only kept spining for Mama and the women.

"Now let's go find something for you ma'am." Mama went away with the women.

I walk over to Rachel who is still twirling for the mirror. I walk up behind her. She gives alittle yelp. "You scared me!" She laughs and smiles, my face stays blank. I take her arm gently but the elbow and back of her hand. She flintched slightly as I took it. "What happend?" I ask as gentel as my touch. "Nothing. I-I just cut myself cooking is all." She didn't look me in the eyes. "Rachel, don't lie at me." She does. "What happend?" She looks around to see where Mama was. Her vocie drop to a very low whisper. "You know those tattoos I was talking about with Lucky?" I nod. "Well, I had one. I had to get rid of it or I'll surely get cought so..."

"You didn't." I could feel my eyes go wide. She nods sadly. I scan her face. "Let me see it." Shes shocked. "Here?! What if someone sees?" She looks around again. Even though Mama and the clerk are still talking, I understand her worrie. I pull her into the dressing room. "Okay, let's see it then." She looks down and starts to unwrap it. It has barley begun to scab. I could see the cut flesh breath. The veins are visable. It's still bleeding a bit.

"Racel!" I whisper.

"What?! What do you want from me?! It was the only thing left of my nightmares! Now theres no trace of me ever being there!" She hisses at me. "Did you see how I looked?! I looked and smelled of death! This pain is worth it if I can live the rest of my life a free women!" Shes so angry. I let her blow up at me.

"Okay. I'm sorry. Do you need any help wraping that up?" I take the gaze from her and start to wrap. "T-Thanks." Rachel says lightly. Her head was down again.

"No problem. I'm always happy to help you. You know that, right?" She looks up and smile at her. "And that dress looks pretty on you. You should get it."

"I should? I didn't think I looked good in light pink. It flushes out my face." She says with her face flushing.

"No. It doesn't. You look fine. Well, more like beautiful." I blush along with her. In the tight space the air heatens. I noticed how small the space was and how close we were.

"Thank you. I have to go get shoes to match." She stammers and unlocks the door. Cold air floods in as i'm left alone. I thought for sure something would happen. But i'm so pathetic. I thought I'd get my first kiss in a dressing room. Smart.

I moved out of the space and was greeted by Mama with a blazer and pant. They were blue with a small patern on the cuffs and pockets. They weren't my style but I tryed them on for her anyway because it means so much to her.

I change and come out. "Rance! You look so handsome!" Rachel said coming over to me. She takes hold of my arm again, which seems to be her favorite spot these days.

"You two look so cute together!" The women said jumping up and down. "You look even better now that your in normal clothes. The uniform and old lady dress weren't good. Even though khaki is very you. How 'bout I find you a nice blazer in khaki? I will anyway!" She strolles off without a care.

"She is right ya know" RAchel chirped happily.

"About what?"

"Khaki is your thing. You look very handsome in it."
Sign up to rate and review this story