Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Girl On The Side Of The Road.

Nothing On You.

by XXPoeticTragedyXX 1 review

""Sure enough that if you ask my one more time, I'll kick you i the balls." "Okay, geez........You're sure?" "Would you like me to slap you?" "You're not gay, are you?""

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-11-09 - Updated: 2010-11-09 - 1684 words

0Unrated
Sleeping was troublesome for her. She was wide awake when the Cab dropped her off at the campus; dead to the world and quiet. She took her time crossing the parking lot and climbing the stairs to the second floor. Her hand dug in the warm fabric of her pocket for her keys and fished them out; trying her best not to be loud when she opened the door. Her roommate could be such a bitch sometimes so it was a better idea not to wake her. The room was washed in dark shadows and the few rays of streetlamp light that successfully gotten through the blinds. She was going to have to trust that not have her trip because turning on the light was a no-go unless she was a pissy roommate who also wanted to know where she'd been.

She carefuuly shut the door behind her with a soft click and tiptoed across the room to her bedroom door. "Ow!" She half whispered, half yelled this as her foot collided with the side of the lamp table. "Motherfucker..." She used her hip to push open her door and once she was safe in her room, with the door closed, she was able to turn on light and move around without the fear of getting hurt. Letting herself fall on the blankets, she sighed and curled up. There was no way she could sleep now. Not after all of that. It felt like it had last all day and it had only been a few hours, plus the concert. Her hair fanned out beneath her, across the red blankets like black and purple rays. She stared up at the ceiling above her; discolored and white; worn away from the years since it had been constructed. How had any of this happened? It was all so surreal. She wasn't quite sure how to feel at the moment. Gosh, it was incredibly warm in her room that night. Usually, she was freezing her ass off because the persons she lived with 'got soooo hot' really fast. Hmm. Perhaps it was because she was wearing this great hoodie.

Her eyes went wide at the thought. Oh, no! "Crap," She muttered and grinned up at the ceiling with a sigh. She honestly and truly hadn't meant to take his hoodie. She picked up cell phone, unsure about whether to text him and let him know and decided against it. He probably already knew.

It was going to take some effort, but was going to have to fall asleep soon if she wanted to wake up in time for class tomorrow without the bitchy attitude. (She wasn't much of a morning person.) With a lay groan, she got up and walked across the room to shut off her lights. Once they were off, it was a lot easier to lay down and feel more sleepy. In no time, unconsciousness had taken over her and her eyes drifted shut.

Waking up the next morning was her first issue of the day. It involved actually waking up. If she hadn't had a chemistry test in the next hour, she would have hit the snooze button without hesitation. But alas, she could do that and fail her test. The fail Chemistry. Then fail at college. Then fail at life and it would all just turn into a big ugly downward spiral of failure that she couldn't deal with. Not today, anyway. So she got up and forced herself into the shower and out in ten minutes. Dried up, put some clothes on, dried and combed her hair, freaked out for an entire seven minutes because her chemistry notes were gone, found them, grabbed a poptart and ran to her Chem. 1403.

It took all the effort and emotion stamina she had at the moment to get through that test. Don't get me wrong, she was bright and all, but chemistry and math just weren't her strong points. Her day never got better until those classes were over and she was in photography. Her day was uneventful and filled with her recollection the night before. It was still too much to believe and if she hadn't picked up his hoodie this morning, she would have been sure it was fake.



*

"Dude, just text her already." The Butcher threw an impatient look at his friend and waiting until he paced slow enough to throw his empty coke bottle at him. It got William square in the head; perfect aim; perfect hit. "OW!" He glared at Andy and kicked the bottle in his direction before going back to his nerve racking fear of texting his new friend. "Stop or I'll happily throw it at you again."

"Throw it and I'll punch you."

The two boys seized up and stared each other down for exactly ten seconds before William broke away and went back to pouting. "I mean, God, what if she's decided it'd be too weird. Or that I'M weird?"

"You are weird."

"Not helping."

"Bill, come on, stop it. From what you told me about last night, she seems really nice and like you two got along well." As it had been put, they'd had a great time until Adam had shown up with his attitude.

""It was great, but it's just too easy. I mean, I feel like I've known her for longer than a day."

"Technincally," And pulled at the strings on William's couch pillow. "you're known her for like what? A week? Longer? You met her in Texas then met her here like fifty bajillion times and hung out with her. That counts."

"You never know. She could think I'm lik some super crazy stalker. Oh, man, maybe that's why she hasn't texted me!" A horrified look crossed his face.

"Well...uh...did you give her the right number?"

William face palmed. "No..."

"...Did you give her your number at all?" andy grinned ever so girlishly. He loved seeing Bilvy this way, it was just so damn funny.

"No."

"Moron."

"Shut up."

"Text her. Tell her to like, come chill with us. We can go out or some shit, have some drinks."

"Who all would come?"

"If you're worried about Adam, he's working on some songs at home. Look, you and I will go, and she can come along. It's really not a big deal."

"Yes, it is," William frowned. "She may be busy. She's in college."

"So? If she is, invite her another day."

"Yeah, but--"

"Do it."

"She'll say n--"

"DO IT!" Andy pointed a finger at William and commanded in a booming voice.

Willaim snatched his phone out of his pocket. "Okay, okay..." He typed a few words. Erased them. Typed some more. Erased them. A frown took over his pretty little features. "I don't know what to say..."

"Okay, just type what I say."

"Okay," William got ready.

"Hey, babe. How about you and I go get some dranks and party it up?" William made a face. A very displeasing face, in Andy's opinion. "I'm not sending that to her!"

"Yes, you are."

"I can't she'll think I'm a---" Andy grabbed his friends phone and ran away, leaping over the long leather couch to press send. William's eyes were wide and terrified. "No! What did you do?!" He punched his friend in the shoulder, eased enough to do no long term harm and Andy yelped. "You were never going to do it!"

"BECAUSE ITS STUPID!"

"But its funny."

"Fucker." The taller boy collapsed on the couch, worried and unhappy of what was to come. It only took a few moments before his phone rang and he jumped in surprise, the phone slipping to the ground.

"Ooh, ohh, what did she say?!" Andy shrieked and it was at this time that William wondered if he was secretly a girl and had been hiding it from everyone. "It says....Who is this?"



"Well tell her!" Complying to the demand, William typed out the message and sent it only to be replied with "Who???"

"Oh great," William threw his phone at the couch in frustration. "She's pretending she doesn't know me! See what you did?!"

All Andy could do was roll his eyes. "Lemme see that." He took the phone and checked the message, mouthing each word with enthusiasm much to William's annoyance and finally just looked up to stare at William like he was the dumbest person in the world. There was that kind of silence you just can't stand because you know you did something stupid.

"What?"

Andy stared.

"What?" He repeated with more emphasis.

"You moron," Andy threw the phone at him. "You sent it to the wrong number!"

He was replied with a look of disbelief. "I did not!"

"Check it." Andy pointed to the paper where Troi had written her number on the table. And as much as William did not want to, he did and it took a lot of courage to fnally sigh. "Oh, thank you, God." Sometimes, it was a wonder how these two boys got through a day in the real world.

Butcher just shook his head as William retyped the number and looked up at him. "This time, I'm sending something that doesn't make me sound like I tried to turn into Lil Wayne and failed."

And he did. And this time, the right person got it.

She was halfway across campus, headed back to her room when her phone buzzed in her pocket. Her eyes lit up at the message and before you knew it, she was no longer walking to her room. She was running.

*

"You don't think she'll bail, right?"

"She won't, Bill."

"Are you sure?"

"Prett damn sure."

"How sure?"

"Sure enough that if you ask my one more time, I'll kick you i the balls."

"Okay, geez........You're sure?"

"Would you like me to slap you?"

"You're not gay, are you?"



A/N: I figured I'd start writing again. What do you think?
I may start a new Patrick story.
Or finish the one I stopped in the middle of. (Unloveable)
Let me know?
-Z
Sign up to rate and review this story