Categories > Games > Fire Emblem > Prideful Love

Ch5

by Saicha6744 0 reviews

Category: Fire Emblem - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-12 - Updated: 2010-11-12 - 1120 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Disclaimer see ch1.

*****

Chapter 5: Brothers and Sisters


Raven was deep in thought as they marched towards Ostia. Hector received word from his brother that they would meet at an abandoned fortress that was another two days march away from Castle Ostia. Obviiously the detour was due to security reasons. Not that Raven cared much. He just wanted Hector dead.
But thoughts of killing Hector did not occupy the hard-eyed mercinary's mind at that moment. Instead he thought about Rebecca and his sister.

How similar their situations were! Priscilla was taken away from him when she was only five years old. Some noble family adopted her and vowed to treat her well. That did not stop him from worrying about her. He did not see her since that day she was taken away, but he recognized her immediately in Castle Caelin. She was all grown up, but she still have those sad eyes.
Those eyes broke his heart every time. He never knew why she seemed so sad all the time. He wanted her to be happy. Smiling.

Like Rebecca used to smile, he thought.

Seeing Rebecca without her smile was like seeing a bird with a broken wing. She lost her brother. He knew how it felt like to lose a sibling. The daily agony of worrying over them, wondering if they ever will acknowledge your existence should your paths cross again...it was enough to drive a person mad.

Raven sighed. Perhaps their situations were not so similar after all. He managed to extract the tale from Rebecca two days ago. She'd been hesitant to talk at first, afraid she'd break down and cry again. Eventually, with silent encouragement from Raven, she told him about the encounter with Dart on the Davros.

'You were wrong. He forgot about me,' she said sadly.

Seeing the spark die in her eyes killed Raven on many levels. He wanted nothing more than to see her happy again. To have the smiling, useless-at-bow-stringing archer beside him again. She used to be so carefree and filled with energy that Raven forgot his troubles just by glancing at her.

Now she was constantly depressed and her bright smile never graced her lips anymore.

Raven understood on some level what she was going through. He would not have been happy if Priscilla completely forgot about him. Rebecca and Dan were about as close as siblings could be. It tore her up to know that Dan/Dart did not know her anymore.

It tore Raven up to see her like that.

Priscilla rode by his side and observed his dark mood. She always remembered Raven to be a serious person...but now he was just plain brooding. It saddened her even more to see him like that.

'Lord Brother?' they were far enough from the main army for her to adress him like this.

'Ah, Priscilla...' Raven snapped out of his thoughts. He had forgotten that Priscilla was beside him.

'Might I be with you for a moment?'

'...Certainly.' Raven replied and observed her reaction.

She reined in her horse and dismounted. Walking close to Raven she whispered, 'Thank you.'

'Something wrong?'

'I..am very happy to be next to my brother like this. I've dreamed often of this day.'

Raven remained silent. Even when Priscilla seemed happy she managed to make him feel terrible. Surely he wanted to see his little sister again...but not in battle. He must be the worst brother in all of Elibe.

'Lord Brother? You seem troubled. May I ask what is worrying you?'

'Why did you leave Cearleon, Priscilla? You could have been killed.' His tone was harsher than he intended and Priscilla flinched a little.

'As I said before. I became worried for you when House Cornwell fell. Must I leave?' Priscilla asked in a thin voice, tears threatened to spill down her porcelain cheeks.

'I would have visited you,' Raven said. His voice gentler this time.

Priscilla shook her head ruefully. 'You know that is not true, brother. You've had many years and many chances to visit...but you never came. I waited for so long to see you again...and when I heard Cornwell was destroyed...I had to leave, Raymond. I had to find you and make sure that you were in good health...It was the least I could do for you...' her voice faded to nothing as a few tears finally slid down her face.

'I am sorry,' Raven said looking away. He could not stand to see her cry.

'Do not worry, lord brother. I know you have your reasons. At least I know now that you are all right,' Priscilla replied and gave him a little smile.

Even her smiles are sad... Raven tought bitterly.

'Excuse me, lord brother. Perhaps we could talk again later?'

'Of course.'


Ninian and Nills were travelling with Eliwood, Lyn, Hector and Mark near the front of the army. Ninian was coping with her guilt better due to the help of Nills and Eliwood. Of course their reasons for supporting her were completely different.
Nills supported his big sister because he feared she would become lost in her power again. She was emotionally weak, but posessed the greater power. They were dragons after all.
Dragons tricked by Nergal to open the Gate and return to Elibe. Nills was bitter knowing that it was Nergal's crafty schemes and Ninian's weakness that had him trapped in a continent full of humans!
To make matters worse, Eliwood seemed to fall for Ninian. His interest in her did not go unnoticed by Nills and he never failed to point out to Ninian that she should not fall for Eliwood. He was a human. They were dragons.
It was as simple as that.

Somewhere in the middle of the marching army Dart was watching Rebecca. He could have sworn he saw her face before! It killed him not remembering where and when he met her. The fact that she called him by another name on the Davros also bothered him. Did he have another life? One that came before the Davros and Fargus?

ARGH!!! I can't remember!!!

Perhaps he should go and talk to her? Nah...I'll remember eventually. Dart thought stubbornly as he tore his gaze away from the green-haired archer.


*****
I modified Priscilla and Raven's support to flow better with the story.
Hopefully I'll update soon.

Oh, and thanks for the review Lissa!!
I hope you'll follow this story to the end. I'd love to know what you think.!!

And to the rest of you readers: RRR and see you soon!

MWAH
Sign up to rate and review this story