Categories > Games > Fire Emblem > Prideful Love

Ch6

by Saicha6744 0 reviews

Category: Fire Emblem - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-12 - Updated: 2010-11-12 - 1288 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Disclaimer see ch1

******

Chapter 7: Attack!

The army finally reached the abandoned fortress and were looking forward to a well-deserved rest when all hell broke loose.

Nills fainted.
Ninian was hysterical, pleading with Serra and Priscilla not to move him.

'Please, he just needs to rest. Don't move him. He'll be fine...please don't move him...'

'Ninian, calm yourself,' Eliwood said sternly.

Hector and Lyn shared a knowing look before they were interrupted by a scout.

'It's Eubans! They got us surrounded,' the scout panted before being dismissed by Mark. Hector grumbled something about defeating the enemy before his brother arrived.

'But of course, lord Hector.' Mark replied as he quickly drew upon his reserves of back-up plans. He recalled seeing ballistae in the courtyard, but they would be in enemy hands by now.

'All right!' he called loud enough for the army to hear. 'I need Rebecca and Raven to secure the ballistae in the courtyard. Isadora will serve as your back-up.
'Erk and Priscilla take the eastern wall with Dorcas, lord Hector and Lady Lyn. Make your way towards Eubans as fast as you can.' Mark noticed a tiny pink tinge on Hector's cheeks at the mention of Lyn's name. He grinned smugly. Perfect match.

'Matthew, raid anything and everything. Serra will accompany you.'

'What? Why do you have to pair me with that she-devil?' Matthew huffed.

'That was very mean, Matthew!!! You'd consider yourself blessed to have my divine healing skill at your disposal!' Serra shrieked with her nose in the air. Her pink pigtails flew defiantly in the air as she shook her head.

'...blessed...riiiighht,' Matthew dawdled.

Mark cleared his throat to gain everyone's attention again. 'Marcus, Lowen and Lucius stay behind and protect Nills and Ninian.'

'Lord Eliwood, Leagult and Florina take the western wall.'

Soon a full-scale battle raged within the castle walls. Hector and Lyn were battling furiously against axe men and cavalry at the eastern walls. Erk's magic sliced through the air as he feverishly protected Priscilla.

Eliwood and his assigned team quickly went to the western wall the meet the foe there. The enemy at the west wall was mostly flying units consisting of both Pegasi and Wyvern Knights.

Mark surveyed the battle from a safe distance. Every now and then he would send a scout to one of the battling groups, informing them of his ever-changing plan. It was how they managed to stay alive so far. If the enemy could not predict your movement then the enemy could not gain a foothold in the battle.

Rebecca's heart thumped in her chest. Battling so close to Raven made her feel safe and nervous at the same time. She felt like she had to prove to him that she could take care of herself. She did not want Raven to worry about her, like he did the past few days. She felt guilty for causing him so much trouble.

Her ears pricked, snapping her back to the present. Her sharp eyes immediately found the source. It was a shaman. She followed her target's gaze and her heart froze at the realization that the shaman was about to attack Raven.
Raven was busy defending himself from two heavily armoured knights. Only recently did Mark give him the Hero's Crest, an magical item that seemed to boost Raven's fighting prowess significantly. Even if he was stronger Raven was still no match for two knights and a shaman.

Quickly she loaded an arrow, selecting the silver tipped one to ensure a kill. Pulling back the bowstring her breathing slowed. Sounds of war died away until there was nothing but Rebecca and the shaman in her sights. The enemy shaman was oblivious to the pending danger and chanted hastily with a raised hand, focussing all of his accumulating dark energy onto the red-haired Hero.

Rebecca carefully adjusted her sights as a dark aura sprang up around the shaman. It was now or never. She released the arrow. Seconds later the shaman let out a wet gurgling sound. Her arrow pierced his throat. Blood spewed onto his dark robes, creating deep red clots on the fabric.
The shaman seemed to crumple in slow motion to the ground. Rebecca quickly loaded another sliver tipped arrow and shot the remaining knight which Raven fought against. The other knight was dead.
The arrow pierced kneecap, buying Raven more than enough time to decapitate the fiend.

Raven spun round and gave Rebecca an approving nod. She gave him a small and stiff smile before crying out in pain. Raven watched in horror as his favourite green-haired archer slumped to the ground, clutching her thigh.
He rushed towards her, almost abandoning his sword in his haste.

'Rebecca!' he yelled and moments later he was at her side, kneeling.

He blanched when he saw the javelin deeply embedded in her thigh. Her wound was bleeding profusely. Taking his axe Raven expertly chopped the hilt of the javelin off, allowing ten inches to remain. He placed trembling hands on the wound in order to try and stop the bleeding, but he could not do much for her. She needed his sister.

'ISADORA!!'

The blue-haired dame quickly galloped towards her fallen comrade. 'Hand her to me,' Isadora quickly said. 'I can get her faster to the medic.'

Raven nodded his agreement and gently picked Rebecca up, trying not to cause her any more pain. Rebecca yelled in agony as Raven hoisted her from the ground. Tears and blood stained his tunic as he cradled her against his chest.
Isadora grabbed hold of Rebecca as he placed the archer in front of her in the saddle. Quickly the paladin spun her horse around and sped away with the injured archer. Raven was overcome with blind rage.

His cold gaze landed on the next enemy. Mercilessly he was torn apart.

After venting his anger on several unfortunate enemy units Raven started to regain his calm demeanour again. Losing his head now would not do Rebecca or his sister any good.
Breathing heavily, he took a vulnery from his satchel and quickly poured the contents into his mouth. The bitter taste provoked no reaction from his impassive face. Feeling his minor cuts and bruises heal immediately Raven charged back into the fray, coming face to face with a wyvern knight.

The Hero had barely enough time to dodge the swift lance strike. Rolling to his left he managed to block the second strike with his shield, however the wyvern knight did not give him any opportunity to counter-attack. Raven was kept on the defensive, doing a deadly dance of life and death.

His arms felt like lead as he barely managed to raise his shield in protection. He could not keep this pace up for much longer. Sooner or later he would dodge or parry a second too late.

Then I'd never see Rebecca again...

Raven gulped at the thought as he leapt backwards to dodge the snapping jaws of the wyvern. The beast's teeth scraped along the length of his leg. He lost his balance and fell backwards. Looking death straight in the eye as the wyvern slowly approached. Saliva dripped from its hungry jaws. Its rider no longer bothered to thrust his lance at Raven. A cruel smile played across his lips.

Raven was spent. He could not find the energy to back away another inch. All he could do was glare defiantly at the wyvern rider. Thoughts of Rebecca raced through head. He found himself worrying if she'll recover from her wound...If she'll forgive him for dying...




*****

Stay tuned to see if Raven lives....
Sign up to rate and review this story