Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Jump, Then Fall

I'll Jump, Then Fall

by LittleMissFae 5 reviews

(Sequel to When I Fall, Can I Catch Myself) Rosemary's life was perfect, or at least perfect in her eyes. When the tradgedy of her parents death hits her will her life spiral out of control? What w...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-11-06 - Updated: 2010-11-07 - 1265 words

5Original
Thank you so much for reading the sequel to When I Fall, Can I Catch Myself. If you have not currently read WIFCICM please do so now, or continue reading. Please Rate and Review.

I'll Jump, Then Fall 

Chapter One: 

"Will you marry me?" His words echoed in my ears. My breath was stuck in my throat. A thousand things were going through my mind at that moment. What was he thinking? 

Tears started to stream down my cheeks. "I- I" 

"Yes?" He prompted, a grin playing on his lips. 

"I can't. No. This isn't right. We aren't right, Gerard." I was panicking.

"I don't understand," he mumbled. His eyes were helplessly hopeful. It killed me to even look at him. I hated myself at that moment. 

"Gerard, I love you. I love you so much. Please believe me when I say that. It's just, I don't think we are meant to be with each other. We rushed into this relationship really fast. I'm so sorry that I'm about to do this to you." Tears were streaming down my face. I looked around the room, to see that no one was in the room anymore. Hayley was looming toward the door though, cleary waiting for me to burst and need a friend.

"Rose, what are you trying to say to me?" Gerard's expression had changed. There was no longer any hope in his gaze. It was replaced with shock, astonishment, pain, and something else. Something I never would have wanted to see. Something I deffinitley didn't want to see now. 

"I... I'm saying that we shouldn't see each other anymore." Those words seemed to be the hardest things to say, as if nearly inaudible. 

"You're kidding, right?" Gerard cocked and eyebrow at me, as if I had lost my mind. Maybe I had. 

"I wish I was. I really do. Because I do love you, Gerard. It's just not right. It's not right for you, to have to always be pinned with the wrong person. It's wrong for me to do this to you all the time. It's wrong for Eliza to have to grow up with two unhappy parents. I'm doing this to benifit us both. You're an amazing man, Gerard. More so than usual. And you're going to meet a woman that will be everything you could ever ask for or want. That woman just is not me. I hope you settle down, and find that woman soon."

"Princess, can't we talk about this? What's wrong? Why are you talking like this?" Gerard was trying to not be frustrated but I could see it wasn't working. He tried to calm me by coming nearer to me. I knew that would be the last time I smelt the bitter ciggerate and coffee smell from him. I would have never thought it would smell this amazing. I had become accustomed to it, I found it comforting.   

"No. This is it. I'm going. I'm leaving now, Gerard. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Keep the girls with you tonight. I'm sure Hayley can help you with them. Goodbye." I was already on my feet, heading to the door. Gerard tried to grab my arm and pull me back but I wouldn't let him. I trudged foward until I was out the door. He still tried to catch up to me. But I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going. All I knew was, I had to go. I couldn't stay anywhere near him right now.  

His face visualized itself in my mind. I choked back the tears that were threatening to ecscape my eyes. His sad beautiful hazels pierced through to my soul. I lost it. Any and all of my controll was forgotten, I began to cry and wail. I sat down on a convenient store bench. I knew I had to call someone to pick me up. But I couldn't think of who. Deffinitley not Gerard. Katy wouldn't understand. Hayley? I absolutely could not. She would be the worst out of anyone. Hayley knew what was happening. She knew what happened. But she didn't know why. She would act as if she understood. But in no way could she ever truly understand. And then she would force me to talk with Gerard. I knew how she was. And I refused to go through with that amount of pain. I had no one left that could ever measure up to this intensity of a problem. Except for Brendon. 

Brendon would understand. If he didn't understand, he'd sit quietly and listen to me, not once disagreeing with me. He'd just let me speak my mind. He's the kind of friend I needed. The only logical possibility. I'll call him and if he refuses I'll find someplace else. And at worse, I'll call Hayley. I used the pay phone to dial his number. 

He finally answered, "Hello?" That small bit of his voice that I recieved gave me hope. 

"Brendon, it's Rose. I need you to pick me up." I tried to hide my sniffles and tears. But they came anyway. 

"Rosie, what's wrong?" His voice was stern. 

"Please, just come pick me up. Please. I have no where else to go. Please, Brendon?" Every word made it more difficult to hold in the tears. By the end, they were pooling down my cheeks. 

"I'm on my way. Where are you, hunny?" I could hear his keys dangling on the other end of the phone. I told him where he could find me at. 

The convenient store was vacant besides me. With every sound, I turned to look. I wanted to believe that Brendon would turn his back and not pick me up. But finally, 25 minutes later his Escalade jumped a curb into the parking lot of the station. He ran out of the car, leaving the keys in the ignition. He didn't ask any questions. He only picked me up and put me in the passengers side. Brendon lifted my head up ad kissed my cheek. 

"Dont mess them emeralds up. They are too beautiful to be crying." Even that made me feel happier. But I hated it. I didn't deserve to be made happier. I had just made a man miserable. And ran away from my own troubles. I didn't deserve anything but harsh treatment. I was aware that I would receive nothing of those sorts with Brendon.                

I started crying even more hysterical. He didn't ask me what was wrong again. He just drove and let me cry to myself. Only making the slightest move to touch my shoulder or knee, telling me I was going to be okay. I wish I could believe that. But I couldn't. I may have just made one of the worst mistakes I could ever had done.

"What did he do to you," he snarled. Brendon was gripping the stirring wheel tightly. His gaze unwavering to the traffic ahead of him. 

"He proposed to me," When I said this Brendon's face fell. "But I said no. I ended our relationship together."

"It's going to be okay, Rose. You two will get back together tomorrow after you calm back down."

"But we won't, Brendon. I don't want us to get back together. We aren't suppose to be together!"

"I understand. You can stay with me for as long as you need to. So can Lilly and Eliza." That's what I love about Brendon; no matter what, he strives to understand and he wants to help you in any way that he can.
Sign up to rate and review this story